Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138947 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #975 on: August 31, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »
Her problem was that she was exposed and made an example of in my opinion.

I think that's true.... But it needs, to be done.. Imo

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #976 on: August 31, 2018, 10:21:57 AM »
I think that's true.... But it needs, to be done.. Imo

Should all those who abuse others on Twitter be investigated by the police and if found to have committed no offense be exposed by the media?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

« Reply #977 on: August 31, 2018, 10:30:24 AM »

According to Martin Brunt he was going to make his way down the list of user names in the dossier.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #978 on: August 31, 2018, 10:34:29 AM »
Context is important as it is on here. There's a difference between attacking for no reason and doing it in response to being attacked oneself.
On twitter if you call me a nasty word to my twitter face I can block you or otherwise ignore you or reply to your tweet abusing me by abusing you back ... and twitter being twitter anyone else who got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning can join in to the melee should they be into that sort of thing.

What though, if I am an onlooker who happens to know you and everything about you and your family ... where you work, your home address, your children's school etc etc etc ... who decides to stalk you  ... who decides to troll you ... who organises a small group to join in the fun.

How would you feel if tweets started appearing about your visit to the supermarket and what you were wearing?
How would you feel if a leaflet campaign featuring you targeted your neighbours?
How would you feel if details of the times of your children's route to school was tweeted to all and sundry.
How would you feel if while you were dining with your children a picture of you all was posted on line giving precise details of your whereabouts.
How would you deal with the general everyday tweets expressing hatred for you and your family over an eleven year period.

According to your posts all of the above and more is legal ... oh well.

However ... the point is that Brenda Leyland was in my opinion doing precisely what you have said in your post and was "attacking for no reason and doing it in response to being attacked oneself".
The objects of her vitriol weren't tweeting hatred to her ... it was all unwarranted by any stretch of the imagination and all very one-sided.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #979 on: August 31, 2018, 11:00:11 AM »

And why not?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #980 on: August 31, 2018, 11:07:30 AM »
Should all those who abuse others on Twitter be investigated by the police and if found to have committed no offense be exposed by the media?

It's a matter of proportionality as most would realise... Anyone expressing the level and volume of abuse brenda did need to be stopped... Imo

Offline Lace

« Reply #981 on: August 31, 2018, 11:19:24 AM »
On twitter if you call me a nasty word to my twitter face I can block you or otherwise ignore you or reply to your tweet abusing me by abusing you back ... and twitter being twitter anyone else who got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning can join in to the melee should they be into that sort of thing.

What though, if I am an onlooker who happens to know you and everything about you and your family ... where you work, your home address, your children's school etc etc etc ... who decides to stalk you  ... who decides to troll you ... who organises a small group to join in the fun.

How would you feel if tweets started appearing about your visit to the supermarket and what you were wearing?
How would you feel if a leaflet campaign featuring you targeted your neighbours?
How would you feel if details of the times of your children's route to school was tweeted to all and sundry.
How would you feel if while you were dining with your children a picture of you all was posted on line giving precise details of your whereabouts.
How would you deal with the general everyday tweets expressing hatred for you and your family over an eleven year period.

According to your posts all of the above and more is legal ... oh well.

However ... the point is that Brenda Leyland was in my opinion doing precisely what you have said in your post and was "attacking for no reason and doing it in response to being attacked oneself".
The objects of her vitriol weren't tweeting hatred to her ... it was all unwarranted by any stretch of the imagination and all very one-sided.

Very well said Brietta  8((()*/

Offline Lace

« Reply #982 on: August 31, 2018, 11:24:49 AM »
Those who say it is a matter for the Police to sort out,   why don't the anti McCann tweeters leave it to the Police?  There are two Police forces saying the McCann's are not suspects yet there are tweeters still tweeting the McCann's are guilty that they are murderers s..m etc.   what right have they to still carry on this abuse?

IMO those saying the dossier compilers were wrong to do what they did are standing up for all those on twitter who hurl abuse at the McCann's day and night.    What makes a person do that?   Why go on twitter with the intent to just tweet abuse and call the parents of a missing child names?   

Offline Erngath

« Reply #983 on: August 31, 2018, 11:41:33 AM »
Very well said Brietta  8((()*/

Agreed
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #984 on: August 31, 2018, 11:45:51 AM »
Those who say it is a matter for the Police to sort out,   why don't the anti McCann tweeters leave it to the Police?  There are two Police forces saying the McCann's are not suspects yet there are tweeters still tweeting the McCann's are guilty that they are murderers s..m etc.   what right have they to still carry on this abuse?

IMO those saying the dossier compilers were wrong to do what they did are standing up for all those on twitter who hurl abuse at the McCann's day and night.    What makes a person do that?   Why go on twitter with the intent to just tweet abuse and call the parents of a missing child names?

Why does anyone abuse others? I've no idea. All I know is that this case brought out the worst in a lot of people both for and against the McCanns, but only one person was exposed. A good journalist in my opinion would have been less biased in his choice of victim. Why not one of each, for balance?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #985 on: August 31, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »
Why does anyone abuse others? I've no idea. All I know is that this case brought out the worst in a lot of people both for and against the McCanns, but only one person was exposed. A good journalist in my opinion would have been less biased in his choice of victim. Why not one of each, for balance?

The issue was the abuse of the McCann's.... So balance would be a McCann supporter...

Offline John

« Reply #986 on: August 31, 2018, 12:01:52 PM »
So you agree that Brenda shouldn't have had her name published having committed no crime,much the same as Alec Salmond who is being dragged through the mud having to defend his name against as yet unsubstantiated claims. Carl Sargeant a welsh MP committed suicide after being named after allegations him surfaced. note not having been convicted, the press have an awful lot to answer for.

I believe the press and media have been allowed to get away with far too much recently with the Leveson Inquiry been exposed as nothing more than a sham. Look at what happen to Sir Cliff Richard, the guys a wreck thanks to the b......s at the BBC who thought they would out him too.

Using the press and media as a stick to beat someone when the police don't wish to pursue a complaint should not be allowed.  It is harassment, pure and simple. Brenda Leyland should have called the police the moment Sky News approached her.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 12:08:35 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #987 on: August 31, 2018, 12:11:49 PM »
I've been far more harshly treated by the media than brenda ever was... But I never contemplated suicide... It's ridiculous  to suggest sky caused brendas death

Contributed is the word you are looking for.  Sky News contributed to her death.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #988 on: August 31, 2018, 12:17:41 PM »
The issue was the abuse of the McCann's.... So balance would be a McCann supporter...

A McCann supporter who abused others, of course. Unless none of them ever did that?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #989 on: August 31, 2018, 12:21:33 PM »

I don't think he was interested in internet wars against anti and pro McCann's.    It was the abuse thrown at the McCann family.

I read on the Jill Havern forum that Brunt intended to work his way down the list of names in the dossier.