Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 139003 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #990 on: August 31, 2018, 12:32:51 PM »
I don't think he was interested in internet wars against anti and pro McCann's.    It was the abuse thrown at the McCann family.

I read on the Jill Havern forum that Brunt intended to work his way down the list of names in the dossier.

I agree.
The insults thrown about on twitter between two sets of anonymous twitterers is quite different from the abuse thrown at a named family.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #991 on: August 31, 2018, 12:44:16 PM »
A McCann supporter who abused others, of course. Unless none of them ever did that?

Abused who... There are, people, abusing each other everday on social media... Mostly anonymous... That's not the issue

That's give and take
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 12:57:47 PM by Davel »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #992 on: August 31, 2018, 01:08:31 PM »

Apart from The Dossier which we don't seem to know much about, apart from Brenda, what else was said?

Has anyone actually seen it?

Offline John

« Reply #993 on: August 31, 2018, 01:10:07 PM »
Abused who... There are, people, abusing each other everday on social media... Mostly anonymous... That's not the issue

That's give and take

Twitter users can block abusers at any time.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #994 on: August 31, 2018, 01:20:48 PM »
I agree.
The insults thrown about on twitter between two sets of anonymous twitterers is quite different from the abuse thrown at a named family.

I thought it was quite normal to abuse named people on there?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #995 on: August 31, 2018, 01:39:26 PM »
I thought it was quite normal to abuse named people on there?

Is it?

Offline John

« Reply #996 on: August 31, 2018, 01:41:33 PM »

IMO you are very very wrong with that post L

nothing to do with any row with sons

Asked by the coroner if there was anything which indicated a concern for her life, Mr Brunt said: "No, but when I asked her how she was, she said 'oh I have thought about ending it all but I am feeling better - I have had a drink and spoken to my son'".

The key issues in this case skilfully avoided and evaded by everyone - a vulnerable woman

pushed over the edge by a bullying, story-hungry, pro-McCann media empire,

A and no-one seems to bat an eyelid or raise even a whisper of protest. IMO

Going back somewhat on my weekly catchup.

I think you've hit the nail on the head kizzy.  Brunt spoke to Brenda and learned that she was vulnerable yet Sky still went ahead and aired that footage.  Anyone with a titter of wit would know that you just don't get involved in those situations. It is beyond me what the hell they thought they were doing?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:44:28 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #997 on: August 31, 2018, 01:44:15 PM »
Twitter users can block abusers at any time.

Really?  I didn't know that.  But there wouldn't have been much point.  I bailed out from Twitter a long ago.  I only needed to crack the 140 Characters in relatively good English.  I accomplished that without too much trouble.  After that Twitter became irrelevant.  it was only ever an English thing for me.  I mean, do come on.  I can deliver a frightfully good Insult when called upon.

Offline John

« Reply #998 on: August 31, 2018, 01:48:15 PM »
Really?  I didn't know that.  But there wouldn't have been much point.  I bailed out from Twitter a long ago.  I only needed to crack the 140 Characters in relatively good English.  I accomplished that without too much trouble.  After that Twitter became irrelevant.  it was only ever an English thing for me.  I mean, do come on.  I can deliver a frightfully good Insult when called upon.

It is the users choice, you can block another user instantly, nobody is forced to read abusive posts.  Same with Facebook etc.

Offline John

« Reply #999 on: August 31, 2018, 02:01:55 PM »
The dossier compilers had the right to do what they did too, as did Martin Brunt.

Actually no. What they did was to abuse their position as national broadcasters. By the way, did Sky ever receive any sanctions over their callous actions or as I suspect, it was swept under the carpet?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1000 on: August 31, 2018, 02:02:14 PM »
Going back somewhat on my weekly catchup.

I think you've hit the nail on the head kizzy.  Brunt spoke to Brenda and learned that she was vulnerable yet Sky still went ahead and aired that footage.  Anyone with a titter of wit would know that you just don't get involved in those situations. It is beyond me what the hell they thought they were doing?

Did this meeting and conversation with Martin Brunt not take place after the news  broadcast had taken place?
I am unsure but vaguely remember that Brenda invited him into her home some hours after the initial meeting and the  subsequent broadcast.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1001 on: August 31, 2018, 02:25:02 PM »
Actually no. What they did was to abuse their position as national broadcasters. By the way, did Sky ever receive any sanctions over their callous actions or as I suspect, it was swept under the carpet?

martin brunt  didnt go back to work for  weeks  did he??  the supporters on this forum who support  what sky  did and what he   did  are  too personally involved  this case  imo   to  think it  was ok for  sky and martin brunt to basically lead brenda  to killing herself

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1002 on: August 31, 2018, 02:30:00 PM »

Brendas tweetes were abusive and callous.... Did sky break any laws...
That seems to be the benchmark brenda is judged by so why not the same for sky

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1003 on: August 31, 2018, 02:33:00 PM »
It seems the only people criticising sky are this that already dislike the McCann's... Therefore a biased viewpoint

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1004 on: August 31, 2018, 02:36:02 PM »
It is the users choice, you can block another user instantly, nobody is forced to read abusive posts.  Same with Facebook etc.

It just takes a bit longer on this Forum.  But putting someone on "Ignore" is hardly useful.  Especially for Moderators.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:24:16 AM by John »