Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137994 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1020 on: August 31, 2018, 06:48:42 PM »
My friend was doorstepped by a newspaper for no other reason then she donated to the Amaral fund. What is it about this case that makes the media loss all sense of right and wrong ? My friend was going about her legal business, donating to a cause she believed in. Why would anyone believe that they deserved an explanation for that ?

Why has no one ever doorstepped me?  I would really like to be doorstepped.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1021 on: August 31, 2018, 06:48:55 PM »
Why does anyone abuse others? I've no idea. All I know is that this case brought out the worst in a lot of people both for and against the McCanns, but only one person was exposed. A good journalist in my opinion would have been less biased in his choice of victim. Why not one of each, for balance?
It was Sky, not the BBC! 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1022 on: August 31, 2018, 06:51:17 PM »
Actually no. What they did was to abuse their position as national broadcasters. By the way, did Sky ever receive any sanctions over their callous actions or as I suspect, it was swept under the carpet?
They received no sanctions because they did nothing wrong IMO.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:33:12 AM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1023 on: August 31, 2018, 06:53:43 PM »
It is interesting that on a site allegedly so hot on justice, human rights etc the actions of Sky which in this instance likely involved a tort, possibly a crime and infringement of privacy are seemingly condoned.......

Don't give me the "Brenda was worse routine". What she did was unpleasant and obsessive but not illegal.
If Sky behaved criminally why weren’t they prosecuted?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1024 on: August 31, 2018, 06:54:29 PM »
My friend was doorstepped by a newspaper for no other reason then she donated to the Amaral fund. What is it about this case that makes the media loss all sense of right and wrong ? My friend was going about her legal business, donating to a cause she believed in. Why would anyone believe that they deserved an explanation for that ?
Did it make national news?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1025 on: August 31, 2018, 06:58:55 PM »
Did it make national news?

It was in a national newspaper.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1026 on: August 31, 2018, 07:07:08 PM »
You don't actually think Sky News would have broadcast BL's opinion on the McCann case for the entire nation to see?

That's the ironic thing about it, had she gone on camera to reveal her views, I don't think any footage would have been broadcast at all.

I agree John. For that creep Brunt to tell her a lie that she was being investigated by the police must have cause her alarm.

The facts are: the dossier collaberators were, on behalf of the McCanns, with or without their knowledge, building a case to rid  the uk of any dissent regarding this case. They sent the dossier to SY as they were investigating?  no they were reviewing dearies, SY chucked it as it was irrelevent to what they were doing and said it wa a local matter. LP said no crimes were commited by Brenda.  If Brunt had done what a real good journalist should do, and investigate properly with a non partisan agenda, He would have found this out!  But it was all easy taking his stance that the McCanns were a sure thing for publicity, and loved by millions...

Ooops wrong!

See here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_the_disappearance_of_Madeleine_McCann#Of_the_public_and_political_reaction
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1027 on: August 31, 2018, 07:10:16 PM »
It was in a national newspaper.
She or he must have given them a quote then. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1028 on: August 31, 2018, 07:13:44 PM »
I agree John. For that creep Brunt to tell her a lie that she was being investigated by the police must have cause her alarm.

The facts are: the dossier collaberators were, on behalf of the McCanns, with or without their knowledge, building a case to rid  the uk of any dissent regarding this case. They sent the dossier to SY as they were investigating?  no they were reviewing dearies, SY chucked it as it was irrelevent to what they were doing and said it wa a local matter. LP said no crimes were commited by Brenda.  If Brunt had done what a real good journalist should do, and investigate properly with a non partisan agenda, He would have found this out!  But it was all easy taking his stance that the McCanns were a sure thing for publicity, and loved by millions...

Ooops wrong!

See here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_the_disappearance_of_Madeleine_McCann#Of_the_public_and_political_reaction
Dissent or vile abuse?  There is a difference.  Have you seen the dossier?  Did it contain all the RL names of everyone on the biggest FB page devoted to “sceptic” views?.  Last time I looked there were about 25,000 members of that page with plenty of dissent going on there, do you know for a fact that they were all included in the dossier? 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1029 on: August 31, 2018, 07:19:48 PM »
If Sky behaved criminally why weren’t they prosecuted?

I said "possibly" with regard to criminal it depends on the tort. 
I note you attempt to give the tort and infringement of privacy a body swerve....no comment there then?

« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 07:22:01 PM by Eleanor »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1030 on: August 31, 2018, 07:23:34 PM »
I said "possibly" with regard to criminal it depends on the tort. Can you not read ?
I note you attempt to give the tort and infringement of privacy a body swerve....no comment there then?
Do you always have to be so rude?  Did Sky receive any sanctions at all from any body at all, was a complaint made to Ofcom, did Brenda’s family sue?  Answers to these questions may be revealing.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1031 on: August 31, 2018, 07:33:19 PM »
1)Do you always have to be so rude?  2)Did Sky receive any sanctions at all from any body at all, was a complaint made to Ofcom, did Brenda’s family sue?  Answers to these questions may be revealing.

1)On this site I find it helps.
2) A logical extension to what you are saying is "If no one is sanctioned an offence has not been committed"
That, manifestly, is fatuous. No further comment is necessary on my part.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1032 on: August 31, 2018, 07:33:42 PM »
I said "possibly" with regard to criminal it depends on the tort. 

Indeed Alice. and have you noticed some supporters are obsessed with sceptics,some actually  believe they have the monopoly on right and wrong. I find it very entertaining.  I was very impressed by the dignity of Brendas Family. They did not go all out  to sue every crass dossier writer, or the media, because they knew MONEY could not replace their mother. They could have set up a company,and do promotional tours... but they kept a dignified silence. 
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1033 on: August 31, 2018, 07:36:05 PM »
1)On this site I find it helps.
2) A logical extension to what you are saying is "If no one is sanctioned an offence has not been committed"
That, manifestly, is fatuous. No further comment is necessary on my part.
Great, in that case we can say Brenda and others may have committed an offence despite no sanctions being applied.   8((()*/

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1034 on: August 31, 2018, 07:37:26 PM »

Indeed Alice. and have you noticed some supporters are obsessed with sceptics,some actually  believe they have the monopoly on right and wrong. I find it very entertaining.  I was very impressed by the dignity of Brendas Family. They did not go all out  to sue every crass dossier writer, or the media, because they knew MONEY could not replace their mother. They could have set up a company,and do promotional tours... but they kept a dignified silence.

Really?  Promotional Tours?  Good heavens.