Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137999 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1080 on: August 31, 2018, 10:37:52 PM »
Basically a bunch of busy bodies cherry picked a load of tweets to portray some people critical of the McCanns in a bad light. It is assumed they took their complaints to twitter who said no, they took their list to the police who said no, then they took their list to the media who said yes please, as has been said, “media interference in this way not only makes the work of the police more difficult, it can potentially damage and destroy the investigation altogether.”.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1081 on: August 31, 2018, 10:39:50 PM »
more and more justification for brendas actions...abuse is wrong and should not be tolerated

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1082 on: August 31, 2018, 10:41:10 PM »
Basically a bunch of busy bodies cherry picked a load of tweets to portray some people critical of the McCanns in a bad light. It is assumed they took their complaints to twitter who said no, they took their list to the police who said no, then they took their list to the media who said yes please, as has been said, “media interference in this way not only makes the work of the police more difficult, it can potentially damage and destroy the investigation altogether.”.

what investigation..there was none ..if the police had done there job properly ...Brenda may well have still been alive

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1083 on: August 31, 2018, 10:41:32 PM »
Didn’t you just tell us the investigation by the police was over before the dossier compilers went to the media?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1084 on: August 31, 2018, 10:45:01 PM »
They went too far imo and Sky News certainly did.  It is the police's job to deal with abuse, maybe Brunt and his crew should have doorstepped the Chief Constable if they weren't happy with their response instead of a vulnerable pensioner?

perhaps if the police had done their job properly and gone and had a quiet word with brenda...she would still be alive

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1085 on: August 31, 2018, 10:48:27 PM »
Brenda WAS an online bully, kindly make the case that she was not and we can discuss further.  Bullying is reprehensible and should be stopped.  Kindly make the case that it should be allowed to continue and we can discuss.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1086 on: August 31, 2018, 10:54:00 PM »
perhaps if the police had done their job properly and gone and had a quiet word with brenda...she would still be alive

So did you know that the police received the dossier prior to Martin Brunt etc then Davel? You appear to be saying that IMO.
Of course Brenda hadn't broken any laws so I am not sure what the police could have said except a message that they knew who she was.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1087 on: August 31, 2018, 10:57:45 PM »
So did you know that the police received the dossier prior to Martin Brunt etc then Davel? You appear to be saying that IMO.
Of course Brenda hadn't broken any laws so I am not sure what the police could have said except a message that they knew who she was.

The police have a duty to prevent crime.....the police should have taken the dossier seriously ...they didnt...

They receive the dossier...they speak to brenda an expalin here tweets are abusive .....they speak to the dossier compilers and say they have spoken to brenda.....that is good policing ..imo...and is what SHOULD have happened

the police gave the compilers no option but to go to the press

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1088 on: August 31, 2018, 11:02:41 PM »
The police have a duty to prevent crime.....the police should have taken the dossier seriously ...they didnt...

They receive the dossier...they speak to brenda an expalin here tweets are abusive .....they speak to the dossier compilers and say they have spoken to brenda.....that is good policing ..imo...and is what SHOULD have happened

But how do you KNOW the dossier went to the police first before going to the media. I haven't seen that stated in any media story as far as I can recall.

Perhaps you can give me a cite on that one, please.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1089 on: August 31, 2018, 11:05:38 PM »
But how do you KNOW the dossier went to the police first before going to the media. I haven't seen that stated in any media story as far as I can recall.

Perhaps you can give me a cite on that one, please.

I wont give you a cite because I cant be bothered...Im discussing the issues and you are disrupting...do your own research

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1090 on: August 31, 2018, 11:06:54 PM »
I wont give you a cite because I cant be bothered...Im discussing the issues and you are disrupting...do your own research

How can asking for a cite be disrupting Davel?  Cites are required by forum rules. Read my signature.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1091 on: August 31, 2018, 11:09:40 PM »
How can asking for a cite be disrupting Davel?  Cites are required by forum rules. Read my signature.
Faithlilly has already provided a timeline of events surrounding the dossier, but it is possible she made them up. I assumed she was in the know however..

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1092 on: August 31, 2018, 11:15:12 PM »
It is OK I have found my own cite. Which poses another question regarding davel's posts

A spokesman for Scotland Yard said today: 'We can confirm we have received a letter and documentation on 9 September which was passed to officers from Operation Grange [the police review into Madeleine's disappearance].

'They are assessing its contents and consulting with the CPS and the McCann family.'

Detective Inspector Michael Kilkenny of the Metropolitan Police told the campaign group: 'In consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service and the McCann family, the material will now be assessed and decisions made as to what further action, if any, should be undertaken.'

So it appeared that the police were still deciding what action to take (if any) when Brenda was doorstepped by Martin Brunt. So Davel did you get this bit wrong then?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1093 on: August 31, 2018, 11:38:44 PM »
It is OK I have found my own cite. Which poses another question regarding davel's posts

A spokesman for Scotland Yard said today: 'We can confirm we have received a letter and documentation on 9 September which was passed to officers from Operation Grange [the police review into Madeleine's disappearance].

'They are assessing its contents and consulting with the CPS and the McCann family.'

Detective Inspector Michael Kilkenny of the Metropolitan Police told the campaign group: 'In consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service and the McCann family, the material will now be assessed and decisions made as to what further action, if any, should be undertaken.'

So it appeared that the police were still deciding what action to take (if any) when Brenda was doorstepped by Martin Brunt. So Davel did you get this bit wrong then?

SY passed it on- said they could do nothing as they were reviewing the case- it was passed to LP. I believe the police soon tired of ALL the twits on tw..ter and forum supporters  who were like gouhls seeking to report every single person who  didn't fall at the feet of the McCanns. It was like they were  very precious or something hahahahahaha.

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #1094 on: August 31, 2018, 11:43:12 PM »
Brenda WAS an online bully, kindly make the case that she was not and we can discuss further.  Bullying is reprehensible and should be stopped.  Kindly make the case that it should be allowed to continue and we can discuss.

There are thousands of people online who do exactly the same thing each and every day.  The only time this will be stopped is when the social media platforms concerned take appropriate action and outlaw it.  I have a feeling we could be in for a long wait though despite their promises.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 11:46:20 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.