Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137999 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1110 on: September 01, 2018, 09:02:51 AM »
Who knew there were so many people who condone publicising those whom the police are investigating. I take it they condoned the BBC's publicising the police raid on Cliff Richard;s home too.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 10:08:52 AM by Angelo222 »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1111 on: September 01, 2018, 09:06:51 AM »
Well for a start, the McCann supporters she interacted with on twitter were vastly outnumbered by the pack who abuse them on a regular basis.  Finding out the personal details of, including employment details and physical appearance of your opponent puts hem in a weaker position straight away, so undoubtedly Brenda used both these aspects to bully the twitter user she believed was A..T........  Abusing people online who you know cannot respond directly is cowardly and bullying too IMO.  If for example Kate McCannwere on twitter she would be one person being constantly attacked by hundreds.  Are you now attempting to clain Brenda’s behaviour was NOT bullying?

You need to provide a cite for your first sentence.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 10:09:42 AM by Angelo222 »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1112 on: September 01, 2018, 09:08:48 AM »
Well for a start, the McCann supporters she interacted with on twitter were vastly outnumbered by the pack who abuse them on a regular basis.  Finding out the personal details of, including employment details and physical appearance of your opponent puts hem in a weaker position straight away, so undoubtedly Brenda used both these aspects to bully the twitter user she believed was A.. T.......  Abusing people online who you know cannot respond directly is cowardly and bullying too IMO.  If for example Kate McCannwere on twitter she would be one person being constantly attacked by hundreds.  Are you now attempting to clain Brenda’s behaviour was NOT bullying?

So supporters bullied Brenda, glad that is settled.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 10:10:31 AM by Angelo222 »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1113 on: September 01, 2018, 09:13:23 AM »
So supporters bullied Brenda, glad that is settled.

Highlighting only a part of someone's sentence to completely alter its meaning and then adding a glib comment is rather an immature way of posting. IMO.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1114 on: September 01, 2018, 09:16:51 AM »

Highlighting only a part of someone's sentence to complete alter its meaning and then adding a glib comment is rather an immature way of posting. IMO.

Don’t be ridiculous. That was part of VS’s post it wasn’t dependent on any other part. It was stand alone. Do you deny that BLs details were obtained by the compilers?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1115 on: September 01, 2018, 09:20:31 AM »
Don’t be ridiculous. That was part of VS’s post it wasn’t dependent on any other part. It was stand alone. Do you deny that BLs details were obtained by the compilers?

I'm not being ridiculous.
VS was referring to Brenda's abuse of a young girl on twitter.
You took only part of the sentence and highlighted it and left the rest of his/her text.Twisted the meaning and added a glib comment.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1116 on: September 01, 2018, 09:20:41 AM »

Were they?  I didn't know that.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1117 on: September 01, 2018, 09:45:22 AM »
From the legal side ...

Snip
The media lawyer said he had seen “a significant upswing” in online bullying cases.

But criminal prosecution, said Stephens, should be reserved for the most extreme cases.

“It is only a very small minority who are fixated, who take it to the extreme — people who are borderline certifiable,” he argued.

Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has instructed lawyers that messages sent via social media could be a criminal offence if they contain “credible threats of violence” or target an individual in a way that “may constitute harassment or stalking”.

“Grossly offensive, indecent, obscene or false” messages could also amount to a crime if a “public interest” case can be made.
https://mybroadband.co.za/news/technology/111710-the-scourge-of-internet-trolls.html

In my opinion all of what has been said above is applicable to the organised gang trolling of the McCanns with Brenda Leyland perhaps falling into the nuisance category ... or maybe not when one considers her physical proximity to them and the allegation made that she often visited their home village as a result of her interest in them.

Snip
"When Madeleine first went missing she used to go over to her home village all the time. She used to go to the local pub and the shops telling everyone what she thought about the family. It seemed very odd behaviour."
https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2629697/exposed-mccann-troll-was-mired-in-loneliness/

Brenda Leyland was a cog in the wheel of a far larger organised controlled and controlling group which researchers have associated with the trolling of the parents of a missing child.

In my opinion the repetition and the choice of victims seen as vulnerable (and few can be more vulnerable than families of the missing) is typical bullying behaviour particularly when it is gang related.
I don't think it is an issue that can be properly addressed by those individuals with normal thought processes such as unaffiliated researchers trying for understanding (maybe Dr Synott or another of his ilk could be informed by threads such as this one?)

Snip
What drove the outpouring of bile about the McCanns by Leyland, a church-going mother-of-two in a sleepy English village, remains a mystery.

However, new research confirms what many victims already know, that online trolls can be a sinister bunch.

A study by Canadian researchers cited in Psychology Today linked trolling to sadism.

“Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others. Sadists just want to have fun… and the Internet is their playground!” it said.
https://mybroadband.co.za/news/technology/111710-the-scourge-of-internet-trolls.html
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 10:13:40 AM by Angelo222 »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1118 on: September 01, 2018, 09:53:39 AM »

Highlighting only a part of someone's sentence to completely alter its meaning and then adding a glib comment is rather an immature way of posting. IMO.

When there is no concrete validation of one's prejudices one has to resort to tactics such as this or 'paraphrasing' what is said into exactly the opposite.  C'est la vie??
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

« Reply #1119 on: September 01, 2018, 09:56:28 AM »

Martin Brunt described how he discovered BL's details.   When he confronted her he didn't use her name.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1120 on: September 01, 2018, 10:06:30 AM »
From the legal side ...

Snip
The media lawyer said he had seen “a significant upswing” in online bullying cases.

But criminal prosecution, said Stephens, should be reserved for the most extreme cases.

“It is only a very small minority who are fixated, who take it to the extreme — people who are borderline certifiable,” he argued.

Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has instructed lawyers that messages sent via social media could be a criminal offence if they contain “credible threats of violence” or target an individual in a way that “may constitute harassment or stalking”.

“Grossly offensive, indecent, obscene or false” messages could also amount to a crime if a “public interest” case can be made.

In my opinion all of what has been said above is applicable to the organised gang trolling of the McCanns with Brenda Leyland perhaps falling into the nuisance category ... or maybe not when one considers her physical proximity to them and the allegation made that she often visited their home village as a result of her interest in them.

Snip
"When Madeleine first went missing she used to go over to her home village all the time. She used to go to the local pub and the shops telling everyone what she thought about the family. It seemed very odd behaviour."
https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2629697/exposed-mccann-troll-was-mired-in-loneliness/

Brenda Leyland was a cog in the wheel of a far larger organised controlled and controlling group which researchers have associated with the trolling of the parents of a missing child.

In my opinion the repetition and the choice of victims seen as vulnerable (and few can be more vulnerable than families of the missing) is typical bullying behaviour particularly when it is gang related.
I don't think it is an issue that can be properly addressed by those individuals with normal thought processes such as unaffiliated researchers trying for understanding (maybe Dr Synott or another of his ilk could be informed by threads such as this one?)

Snip
What drove the outpouring of bile about the McCanns by Leyland, a church-going mother-of-two in a sleepy English village, remains a mystery.

However, new research confirms what many victims already know, that online trolls can be a sinister bunch.

A study by Canadian researchers cited in Psychology Today linked trolling to sadism.

“Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others. Sadists just want to have fun… and the Internet is their playground!” it said.

Do you have a link to this research please?

snip/
"Brenda Leyland was a cog in the wheel of a far larger organised controlled and controlling group which researchers have associated with the trolling of the parents of a missing child."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:40:10 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1121 on: September 01, 2018, 10:27:57 AM »
From the legal side ...

Snip

Snip

Snip

snip/
"Brenda Leyland was a cog in the wheel of a far larger organised controlled and controlling group which researchers have associated with the trolling of the parents of a missing child."

The link between trolling and sadism is interesting.. Brenda did seem to get, a, massive kick out if her abuse of the McCanns.. Imo

Offline jassi

« Reply #1122 on: September 01, 2018, 10:31:25 AM »
From the legal side ...

Snip

Snip

Snip

snip/

Have to say that I've never come across any such group. No one has ever approached me   8(8-))
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1123 on: September 01, 2018, 10:48:49 AM »
Have to say that I've never come across any such group. No one has ever approached me   8(8-))

Well there are two such groups in my opinion.
The group that do a great deal of "researching", writing letters, sending FOIs and have had meetings and have visited Gerry's workplace and put leaflets through the McCann's neighbour's doors etc.

Then there is the Facebook group who let it be known if any of the family are spotted and share this information.
They spend much time in posting libel, and generally mocking Madeleine's family.

I don't think you would be happy in either group.
And that is intended as a compliment.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1124 on: September 01, 2018, 10:51:56 AM »
You need to provide a cite for your first sentence.

Seconded. Cite Required.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!