Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138963 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1155 on: September 01, 2018, 05:38:37 PM »
You need to provide a cite for your first sentence.
Do I really?  Just ask anyone who tweets on #mcann, which side is more prevalent - supporters or sceptics.  Better still, take a look for yourself.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1156 on: September 01, 2018, 05:39:48 PM »
So supporters bullied Brenda, glad that is settled.
Cite for supporters finding out Brenda’s personal details, place of work and appearance before these were plastered all over the media for everyone to see.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1157 on: September 01, 2018, 05:41:35 PM »
Do I really?  Just ask anyone who tweets on #mcann, which side is more prevalent - supporters or sceptics.  Better still, take a look for yourself.

I have had a few looks on there and found that most of the supporters I have seen tend to leave their bile off #mccann and just post to nasty comments to each other about sceptics and of course attack sceptics directly.

This is IMO from what I have seen.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1158 on: September 01, 2018, 05:49:00 PM »
If Brenda Leyland never received a caution then the supposed bullying is just that, your opinion.
So you can only be referred to as a bully if you get a police caution, is that your view?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1159 on: September 01, 2018, 05:51:21 PM »
I have had a few looks on there and found that most of the supporters I have seen tend to leave their bile off #mccann and just post to nasty comments to each other about sceptics and of course attack sceptics directly.

This is IMO from what I have seen.
That was not the question posed, or the reason the cite was demanded.  Sceptics or supporters - who are and were more numerous on the #McCann tag that Brenda favoured?  A simple question, with a very simple answer.  Sceptics - massively.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1160 on: September 01, 2018, 05:53:02 PM »
Does it continue, or isit all in the past ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1161 on: September 01, 2018, 05:55:02 PM »
Does it continue, or isit all in the past ?
It does believe it or not - all the top tweets on that tag are by sceptics, and concern ancient history that have been said a billion times before.  The dedication involved in repeating one’s mantras on a daily, if not hourly basis is really quite staggering.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1162 on: September 01, 2018, 05:55:58 PM »
If Brenda Leyland never received a caution then the supposed bullying is just that, your opinion.

So she hadn't been cleared or declared innocent

Offline jassi

« Reply #1163 on: September 01, 2018, 06:14:44 PM »
It does believe it or not - all the top tweets on that tag are by sceptics, and concern ancient history that have been said a billion times before.  The dedication involved in repeating one’s mantras on a daily, if not hourly basis is really quite staggering.

Indeed, I've noticed that  regularly on here
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1164 on: September 01, 2018, 06:31:11 PM »

Indeed, I've noticed that  regularly on here
I had a tenner bet with myself that you’d come back with that reply.  Predictabubble!

Offline barrier

« Reply #1165 on: September 01, 2018, 06:37:42 PM »
So you can only be referred to as a bully if you get a police caution, is that your view?

My view in irrelevant along with everyone else's,but my moral compass doesn't allow itself to be offended on behalf of others.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1166 on: September 01, 2018, 06:45:28 PM »

My view in irrelevant along with everyone else's,but my moral compass doesn't allow itself to be offended on behalf of others.

I'm not offended on behalf of others I'm offended by the likes of brenda making abusive comments and thinking it's OK...
I'm actually quite glad she was named and shamed... I think that's what her type deserve

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1167 on: September 01, 2018, 06:46:03 PM »

Oh the absolute joyous irony of that comment of page 77 of the “I’m so deeply offended by the behaviour of Martin Brunt and the dossier compilers” thread.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1168 on: September 01, 2018, 09:55:38 PM »
That was not the question posed, or the reason the cite was demanded.  Sceptics or supporters - who are and were more numerous on the #McCann tag that Brenda favoured?  A simple question, with a very simple answer.  Sceptics - massively.

To be honest I can't see that you can still make that claim without proof. How many years back are you making that claim for.

Please provide a cite for "Sceptics or supporters - who are and were more numerous on the #McCann tag that Brenda favoured?  A simple question, with a very simple answer.  Sceptics - massively."
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1169 on: September 01, 2018, 09:58:14 PM »
I'm not offended on behalf of others I'm offended by the likes of brenda making abusive comments and thinking it's OK...
I'm actually quite glad she was named and shamed... I think that's what her type deserve

What "type" is that Davel?  Do you know whether she truly believed in what she was posting (even about AT - and I disagree with that). If she believed in what she was saying who are you to decry that?

Do you think that Brunt and others in the media had the right to ruin her life for 4000 + tweets.

Is life so cheap to you?