Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138952 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1260 on: September 03, 2018, 09:03:26 AM »
I have seen sites with threads aimed at named individuals such as Amaral and Grime. I don't think they are members.

Depends if they are criticising their professional performance... Which is legitimate and not the same as the abuse directed at the mccanns

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1261 on: September 03, 2018, 09:07:32 AM »
Depends if they are criticising their professional performance... Which is legitimate and not the same as the abuse directed at the mccanns

Actually you have got that the wrong way round IMO.

Fellow professionals criticising someone if fine, layman isn’t and can be libellous. It is legitimate to criticise someone’s everyday behaviour based on fact.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1262 on: September 03, 2018, 09:49:21 AM »

Fellow professionals criticising someone if fine, layman isn’t and can be libellous. It is legitimate to criticise someone’s everyday behaviour based on fact.

No it's, quite legitimate for a layman to criticise a professional based on fact... SYare constantly criticised here... Not always on fact

Brunt as, a journalist is criticised

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1263 on: September 03, 2018, 09:51:46 AM »

Brenda went far beyond criticism... She was abusive according to the police

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1264 on: September 03, 2018, 09:54:03 AM »
No it's, quite legitimate for a layman to criticise a professional based on fact... SYare constantly criticised here... Not always on fact

Brunt as, a journalist is criticised

There's a difference between criticism and abuse.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1265 on: September 03, 2018, 09:56:30 AM »
There's a difference between criticism and abuse.

I agree... Brenda was, abusive

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1266 on: September 03, 2018, 10:00:37 AM »

Really?

So a lay person cannot criticise their own doctor, dentist, their child's teacher.?

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1267 on: September 03, 2018, 10:03:06 AM »

Just Re read your post and you are quite wrong... It is quite legitimate  for a layman to criticise a professional... Doesn't have to be libellous ...try reading sone feedback from patients on NHS sites

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1268 on: September 03, 2018, 10:03:51 AM »
I agree... Brenda was, abusive

And others have abused Amaral and Grime in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1269 on: September 03, 2018, 10:04:03 AM »
I have seen sites with threads aimed at named individuals such as Amaral and Grime. I don't think they are members.

Have either Amaral or Grime been stalked at work, leaflets dropped through their neighbours letter boxes.,their children photographed, places where their children went to play visited.??

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1270 on: September 03, 2018, 10:06:44 AM »

I haven't seen either accused of criminal offences they have not even been arrested for or use of the word hatred, towards them... Abuse has many levels... Can you cite any abuse towards amaral or grime at the level towards the mccanns

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1271 on: September 03, 2018, 10:44:25 AM »
One way or the other it has to stop.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1272 on: September 03, 2018, 10:49:28 AM »
As a professional you should expect criticism and learn from it... That's what I do

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1273 on: September 03, 2018, 11:51:44 AM »
One way or the other it has to stop.
What exactly has to stop Rob?

Questioning professionals in the Madeleine case appears to be fair game there fore surely questioning what the couple will also be acceptable.

I agree abuse and hatred including threats must stop but they must stop from both sides.

You also say "one way or the other it has to stop" does this mean that you agree with those who created the dossier and sent to to the media

Just a few thoughts and my opinion of course.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1274 on: September 03, 2018, 12:04:13 PM »
Have either Amaral or Grime been stalked at work, leaflets dropped through their neighbours letter boxes.,their children photographed, places where their children went to play visited.??

I have no intention of playing the 'this abuse was worse than that abuse' game. No laws have been broken and all abuse is wrong whichever form it takes and whoever it's directed at. Anyone who disapproves of abuse should condemn all abuse in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.