Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137992 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1320 on: September 03, 2018, 04:17:45 PM »
My you have a social life, how very middle class of you !

Virtual dinner parties with other STM members, where they link by skype and drink them selves silly, no doubt.  8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1321 on: September 03, 2018, 04:26:03 PM »
Virtual dinner parties with other STM members, where they link by skype and drink them selves silly, no doubt.  8(0(*

It always makes my chuckle, the constant alluding to a certain lifestyle. Are you supposed to be impressed ?  It really is rather cringeworthy.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1322 on: September 03, 2018, 04:30:07 PM »
It always makes my chuckle, the constant alluding to a certain lifestyle. Are you supposed to be impressed ?  It really is rather cringeworthy.

Still, better than sitting in a corner with your only friend a bottle of gin
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1323 on: September 03, 2018, 04:30:59 PM »
I know what you mean. A bottle of white wine (not red though) a great meal with friends or family. Even better if someone else pays. Last time it was me.  @)(++(*

I can enjoy white wine too.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1324 on: September 03, 2018, 04:31:08 PM »
Still, better than sitting in a corner with your only friend a bottle of gin

A definite step up.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1325 on: September 03, 2018, 04:32:01 PM »

Any further Off Topic and Smart Alec Comments will be deleted.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1326 on: September 03, 2018, 04:38:32 PM »
The Mccann's weren't on twitter but there were nasty abusive trolls on there who were supporters so IMO Brenda was abused and from what I have read their stalking of her was outside twitter rules and IMO the rules of decency.

Yes Brenda was nasty but she did not deserve what she got whatever others say.

What makes you think that the dossier hasn't hit a brick wall and been ignored by the police as not construing evidence of a crime. They say there was no crime so are they lying?

In my opinion Brenda was the architect of her own misfortune and using her death in a blame game is inappropriate.

She had no intention of easing up on the McCanns.

Snip
On 17 September this year she tweeted what might have amounted to a personal manifesto: to make the McCanns "live in shame".

A week later, on 25 September, she sought to justify her hatred of the McCanns:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/read-the-deleted-tweets-brenda-leyland-sent-the-mccanns?utm_term=.yvz8WRW8e#.ekNbxQxbj

In real life Brenda Leyland was probably neither a saint nor a sinner but on the internet her obsession with the McCann family became legend.

The really sad thing about it all is that no lessons have been learned from the whole episode as I believe the abuse of that family continues apace.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #1327 on: September 03, 2018, 04:45:07 PM »
In my opinion Brenda was the architect of her own misfortune and using her death in a blame game is inappropriate.

Snip
On 17 September this year she tweeted what might have amounted to a personal manifesto: to make the McCanns "live in shame".

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/read-the-deleted-tweets-brenda-leyland-sent-the-mccanns?utm_term=.yvz8WRW8e#.ekNbxQxbj

In real life Brenda Leyland was probably neither a saint nor a sinner but on the internet her obsession with the McCann family became legend.

The really sad thing about it all is that no lessons have been learned from the whole episode as I believe the abuse of that family continues apace.

Something she and the McCanns have/had  in common.

Or maybe not -

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1328 on: September 03, 2018, 04:47:08 PM »
Something she and the McCanns have/had  in common.

I wonder what is the difference between a sceptics obsession and a supporters ?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1329 on: September 03, 2018, 04:55:50 PM »

Snip

I read your post that if you and supporters had your way you would be happy for everyone within the dossier to be outed regardless of whether any further people took their lives? I find that very heartless.

So she is the architect of her misfortune.  She wasn't given the chance to go quietly away (which I am sure she would have done). None of you have the slightest sympathy for her predicament which only came about because the dossier was passed to the media. Had it simply been passed to the police only then Brenda would surely be alive still IMO

If I am wrong regarding the first sentence then I apologise but this is how your post comes across to me.  I know others on here do have that sentiment as they have made it abundantly clear several times.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 07:14:57 PM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1330 on: September 03, 2018, 05:14:51 PM »
I read your post that if you and supporters had your way you would be happy for everyone within the dossier to be outed regardless of whether any further people took their lives? I find that very heartless.

So she is the architect of her misfortune.  She wasn't given the chance to go quietly away (which I am sure she would have done). None of you have the slightest sympathy for her predicament which only came about because the dossier was passed to the media. Had it simply been passed to the police only then Brenda would surely be alive still IMO

If I am wrong regarding the first sentence then I apologise but this is how your post comes across to me.  I know others on here do have that sentiment as they have made it abundantly clear several times.

I dint think anyone on here, wants people to commit suicide but I don't think being outed is what caused brendas suicide... The fact she killed herself on her estranged sons birthday points to other causes... As her other son confirmed.. There, were other factors at play with the outing only playing a small part
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 07:16:37 PM by John »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1331 on: September 03, 2018, 05:26:40 PM »
I dint think anyone on here, wants people to commit suicide but I don't think being outed is what caused brendas suicide... The fact she killed herself on her estranged sons birthday points to other causes... As her other son confirmed.. There, were other factors at play with the outing only playing a small part

He had “no doubt” from the panic in his mother’s voice when she telephoned to tell him of the Sky News incident that “this was the final straw that pushed her then to do what she did”.

Was from Ben.

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1332 on: September 03, 2018, 05:37:46 PM »
Was from Ben.

Yes he mentions a final straw... Which we, all understand... So what was the great weight she was carrying that resulted in a straw being the tipping point

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1333 on: September 03, 2018, 05:47:56 PM »
Yes he mentions a final straw... Which we, all understand... So what was the great weight she was carrying that resulted in a straw being the tipping point

Have you ever thought of writing a dictionary?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1334 on: September 03, 2018, 05:49:23 PM »
Have you ever thought of writing a dictionary?

could you explain...this seems to be a goading post...rather than responding to the point in my post...perhaps you simply cannot think of a decent reply