Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137998 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1335 on: September 03, 2018, 05:52:10 PM »
could you explain...this seems to be a goading post...rather than responding to the point in my post...perhaps you simply cannot think of a decent reply

He says she killed herself because of the outing, you seem to want his words to mean something else.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1336 on: September 03, 2018, 05:53:42 PM »
I read your post that if you and your supporters had your way you would be happy for everyone within the dossier to be outed regardless of whether any further people took their lives? I find that very heartless.

So she is the architect of her misfortune.  She wasn't given the chance to go quietly away (which I am sure she would have done). None of you have the slightest sympathy for her predicament which only came about because the dossier was passed to the media. Had it simply been passed to the police only then Brenda would surely be alive still IMO

If I am wrong regarding the first sentence then I apologise but this is how your post comes across to me.  I know others on here do have that sentiment as they have made it abundantly clear several times.
The one thing I find singularly revealing is the absolute silence emanating from Brenda Leyland's family as far as condemnation of anything or any one is concerned.
I think it would be worthwhile and definitely respectful if the obvious privacy from the notoriety they found themselves associated with was given some consideration. 

greptweet.com
Her son, Ben, posted this on Facebook yesterday. 
But nothing remains except ... "This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed or the privacy settings of the post may have changed."

In my opinion this is a family yearning for privacy ... in my opinion that should be respected but unfortunately that is never going to happen as long as there are those who see her as a vehicle to continue whatever vendetta of choice they may be pursuing.

As far as you appear to be concerned the only individuals who should be considered at risk due to the activities of abusers on social media are the abusers themselves.
Whose choice it is ... whose empowerment it is ...to either persist or desist.

You do not appear to be giving a single thought to the effects of internet abuse on the victims at whom the unsolicited abuse is directed.
They are not empowered to make it all cease and go away ... they have no choices in the matter other than to remove themselves from social media platforms entirely.

But we have seen ... it doesn't work like that.  The McCanns have no social media presence ... but it didn't stop their abuse to which Brenda Leyland was a contributor.

The people most at risk from taking their own lives ... and it is happening more and more often ... are the abused, not the perpetrators of the abuse.
Therefore were I you I would give more thought to the vulnerability of victims of this cowardly anonymous crime and direct some of your sympathy in their direction.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1337 on: September 03, 2018, 05:55:18 PM »
He says she killed herself because of the outing, you seem to want his words to mean something else.

no he doesnt.......he says the outing was the final straw..so what was the great weight he was referring to....you seem to be unable to answer the question

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1338 on: September 03, 2018, 05:58:25 PM »

no he doesnt...he confirms she had some much greater problems,,,and that the outing was  a minor point that tipped the balance

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1339 on: September 03, 2018, 06:00:28 PM »
It seems it was.

I can just imagine those old biddies sitting in their armchairs, apoplectic with rage, finally realising that their dodgy dossier , which had been afforded such gravitas by Sky,  had been summarily dismissed by the only people that matter.

It’s the only light spot in this whole, disgusting affair.
Why do you think Sky News afforded it such gravitas in the first place?  Who are the only people that matter?
BTW, still hating on the olds I see...  8(0(*.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #1340 on: September 03, 2018, 06:09:05 PM »
Why do you think Sky News afforded it such gravitas in the first place? Who are the only people that matter?
BTW, still hating on the olds I see...  8(0(*.

I read it to mean the police.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1341 on: September 03, 2018, 06:10:19 PM »
Did the dossier compilers know in advance that Sky would take the dossier seriously and target Brenda in particular?  What information did they pass on to Sky that Sky couldn’t have easily found out for themselves?  Is going to the press the best way of “taking the law into your own hands”?  How does that work exactly? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1342 on: September 03, 2018, 06:11:42 PM »
I read it to mean the police.
Really?  How odd.  Still, I will remember to use that in future discussions with F’lilly.  “The only people who matter are the police”.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1343 on: September 03, 2018, 06:14:12 PM »
Really?  How odd.  Still, I will remember to use that in future discussions with F’lilly.  “The only people who matter are the police”.

That's how I read it . In the context of the dossier, only the police mattered.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1344 on: September 03, 2018, 06:31:12 PM »
That's how I read it . In the context of the dossier, only the police mattered.
Still odd IMO, particularly on a forum which is concerned with miscarriages of justice.   When it comes to expressions of moral outrage, those who do so on behalf of Brenda win 1st prize IMO.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1345 on: September 03, 2018, 06:31:55 PM »
no he doesnt...he confirms she had some much greater problems,,,and that the outing was  a minor point that tipped the balance

Without she would probably still be alive.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1346 on: September 03, 2018, 06:33:58 PM »
Without she would probably still be alive.
Iyo... We don't know that
What we do know... According to her son... Is she had a lot of other problems apart from the outing..

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1347 on: September 03, 2018, 06:36:49 PM »
If the police are the only people whose views matter in this case then both sides need to accept that neither side behaved in a criminal manner.  Each side however believes the other side behaved in a disgusting and immoral way.  We can all keep on reiterating this until the cows come home but it won’t bring Brenda back and it won’t stop [ censored word ]s hating.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1348 on: September 03, 2018, 06:56:50 PM »
This is a post which is positively Alfie-esque.

Nothing solid to support it.  Just lots of rhetoric.

The volume? What volume?

The sheer nastiness of many sceptics?  What nastiness?  How many sceptics?

Which sadly Brenda chose to align herself with?  Did she actually align herself with anyone?

Go to twitter.com. put #mccann into the search field.  Read.  All will become clear.

ETA: I have just done this myself and within 20 tweets I have read the McCanns being referred to as “c..ts” and “b........s”. That’s just a timy snapshot on a Monday evening over 11 years after Madeleine went missing.  Now try scaling that up.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 07:02:31 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1349 on: September 03, 2018, 07:06:40 PM »
The battle cry of the hardcore “sceptic”tweeter

“The #mccann s might of getting away with what they have done, but by god we wont let them forget, their kids grankids and future generations of theirs will know what they have done through social media WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP and nor will our kids”.

NEVER SURRENDER!!!
 @)(++(*