Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138000 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1350 on: September 03, 2018, 07:09:05 PM »
This is currently the top tweet on the #mccann tag, ie the most liked and retweeted presumably

@xxMichelleSxx English cemetery in Spain, a short drive from Portugal. The McCanns were seen 10 minutes away from it by a witness #McCann
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #1351 on: September 03, 2018, 07:10:59 PM »
Sounds as if supporters are not winning your propaganda war if this is a daily occurrence
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 07:20:58 PM by John »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #1352 on: September 03, 2018, 07:18:25 PM »
I dint think anyone on here, wants people to commit suicide but I don't think being outed is what caused brendas suicide... The fact she killed herself on her estranged sons birthday points to other causes... As her other son confirmed.. There, were other factors at play with the outing only playing a small part

So it was all one big unfortunate coincidence then and Ben Leyland was misinformed when he stated his mother had been 'destroyed' by Sky's conduct?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1353 on: September 03, 2018, 07:19:59 PM »
Sounds as if you supporters are not winning your propaganda war if this is a daily occurrence
LOL, the propaganda war was won on twitter years ago, by “your side”, a dedicated little army of obsessives with their hate and their fake news ans photoshopped pics.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #1354 on: September 03, 2018, 07:22:10 PM »
No personal gibes please such as 'you supporters' or 'you sceptics'.

I previously warned that there would be consequences if the personal insults continued so I suggest that if anyone has made any since I last edited this thread, that they are removed pronto.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 07:25:03 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1355 on: September 03, 2018, 07:36:19 PM »
So it was all one big unfortunate coincidence then and Ben Leyland was misinformed when he stated his mother had been 'destroyed' by Sky's conduct?

I think we need to look at his whole quote...rather than a snippet... What do you think hemeans by the final straw and why does he mention it. We know brenda had been treated by a psychiatrist... That indicates a more, severe condition than would be treated by a psychologist... We know she had attempted suicide before..we know she was estranged from her son and committed suicide on his birthday... I think it's clear that there us a lot more going on there  than be outed by sky... You and others can blame sky but it's just opinion... Without the full facts we don't know why she committed suicide... I don't put the blame at sky's door... Neither did the coroner

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1356 on: September 03, 2018, 08:16:20 PM »
The battle cry of the hardcore “sceptic”tweeter

“The #mccann s might of getting away with what they have done, but by god we wont let them forget, their kids grankids and future generations of theirs will know what they have done through social media WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP and nor will our kids”.

NEVER SURRENDER!!!
 @)(++(*

(&^&
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1357 on: September 03, 2018, 09:17:34 PM »

(&^&
"“The #mccann s might of getting away with what they have done, but by god we wont let them forget, their kids grankids and future generations of theirs will know what they have done through social media WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP and nor will our kids”."   Wouldn't  be out of place in the Old Testament.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1358 on: September 03, 2018, 09:37:52 PM »
"“The #mccann s might of getting away with what they have done, but by god we wont let them forget, their kids grankids and future generations of theirs will know what they have done through social media WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP and nor will our kids”."   Wouldn't  be out of place in the Old Testament.

Or more likely The Beezer. "It's them thar Hillies and Billies a fightin' an' a feudin' again".

Or if you prefer real stuff the Campbells and MacDonalds.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1359 on: September 03, 2018, 11:08:28 PM »
That's how I read it . In the context of the dossier, only the police mattered.

That’s exactly how I meant it but I’m sure Vertigo Swirl knew that.

In the context of the dossier the only decision that mattered was that of the police. Anything else is vigil[ censored word]m.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 10:58:19 AM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1360 on: September 03, 2018, 11:18:34 PM »
That’s exactly how I meant it but I’m sure Vertigo Swirl knew that.

In the context of the dossier the only decision that mattered was that of the police. Anything else is vigil[ censored word]m.
Is vigil[ censored word]m against the law?  I know it is frowned upon but is it legal if handled within bounds?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 10:58:53 AM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1361 on: September 03, 2018, 11:50:29 PM »
It’s a warped view that considers taking your concerns about online abuse to the media as vigil[ censored word]m, IMO.   Presumably, therefore every time a member of the public goes to the press whether it be to shine a light on malpractice in a hospital, child grooming gangs, sexual harassment, abuse by members of the priesthood,  racism within the police force, MPs expenses, etc then that too is vigil[ censored word]m. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1362 on: September 04, 2018, 12:18:24 AM »
It’s a warped view that considers taking your concerns about online abuse to the media as vigil[ censored word]m, IMO.   Presumably, therefore every time a member of the public goes to the press whether it be to shine a light on malpractice in a hospital, child grooming gangs, sexual harassment, abuse by members of the priesthood,  racism within the police force, MPs expenses, etc then that too is vigil[ censored word]m.

The press should be a last resort when all other channels of highlighting the issue have been exhausted. It should never be the first port of call.

But let’s be clear. This was never about justice. This was about ritual humiliation. Humiliation that would discourage further negative comment on the case. As Voltaire wrote in his novel Candide "In this country, it is wise to kill an admiral from time to time to encourage the others."
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1363 on: September 04, 2018, 12:19:57 AM »
Certainly any form of protest against those issues could be considered vigil[ censored word]m, more so in certain societies.
In NZ we protest all manner of issues, in fact our own area has citizen patrols. The police even respond to drivers phoning in issues when reported (that I find a bit bizarre as how do they separate that out from a case of prejudice).
At least they have words with the "offenders".
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1364 on: September 04, 2018, 12:27:55 AM »
The press should be a last resort when all other channels of highlighting the issue have been exhausted. It should never be the first port of call.

But let’s be clear. This was never about justice. This was about ritual humiliation. Humiliation that would discourage further negative comment on the case. As Voltaire wrote in his novel Candide "In this country, it is wise to kill an admiral from time to time to encourage the others."
That might be your opinion as to the order things get handled in, but who is the real judge of that?  I read that the police determined there were no illegal tweets in the ones they looked at.  OK I find that surprising, but I too appreciate the problem they'd have if they started stepping down on abusive tweets.  The police are used to being taunted by the low lifes.  Maybe they were a bit too hardened to be the judge of what is acceptable to the public.
Moderation