Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138006 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1500 on: September 04, 2018, 08:05:17 PM »
Or even to be offended on behalf of others.

seems there are a lot offended on behalf of brenda

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1501 on: September 04, 2018, 08:06:16 PM »

Davel do you think the dossier collectors went to the media with the dossier because the police had already said a law had not been broken?

You seem to think the media is the only way to go not to the police.

If the police had had a quiet word with Brenda she probably would have gone away so to speak and could well be still alive.  Or didn't that suit the dossier makers purpose?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:50:38 AM by Angelo222 »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1502 on: September 04, 2018, 08:09:48 PM »
Absolutely not.  Going to the press ended in her death.
Some people commit suicide when their partners end their relationship.  Does that mean no one should ever end a relationship for fear it might end in a death, and that breaking up with someone is reprehensible and immoral behaviour? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1503 on: September 04, 2018, 08:12:28 PM »
Davel do you think the dossier collectors went to the media with the dossier because the police had already said a law had not been broken?

You seem to think the media is the only way to go not to the police.

If the police had had a quiet word with Brenda she probably would have gone away so to speak and could well be still alive.  Or didn't that suit the dossier makers purpose?

perhaps the dossier makers thought brenda deserved maximum exposure........in order to curb bullying and abuse online....I cant help but agree with them...lets have an end to abuse and bullying

brenda had no thoughts whatsoever for the  mccanns feelings...why should she expect any for herself

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1504 on: September 04, 2018, 09:01:32 PM »
The field was full of people... Make your mind up...
Brendas tweets, were offensive.. You agreed... The only way to stop them was by going to the press

They stopped one person. They can pat themselves on the back for that I suppose. I'm surprised they didn't abandon their anonymity to receive the thanks of a grateful public in their own names. Remaining hidden makes it seem like they were ashamed in my opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1505 on: September 04, 2018, 09:03:33 PM »
They stopped one person. They can pat themselves on the back for that I suppose. I'm surprised they didn't abandon their anonymity to receive the thanks of a grateful public in their own names. Remaining hidden makes it seem like they were ashamed in my opinion.

in your opinion...we dont know how they feel ...If i was one of the I certainly would not feel in any way to blame for brendas death.....if you expect compassion in times of difficulty it might be an idea to show some to others...brenda showed none

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1506 on: September 04, 2018, 09:05:32 PM »
The McCanns are innocent in the eyes of the law.

Brenda Leyland was innocent in the eyes of the law.

Their hounding was wrong.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:54:57 AM by Angelo222 »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1507 on: September 04, 2018, 09:07:41 PM »
The McCanns are innocent in the eyes of the law.

Brenda Leyland was innocent in the eyes of the law.

Their hounding was wrong.

Brendas hounding was absolutely wrong...the mccanns didnt hound brenda...she hounded the mccanns...im glad you agree

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1508 on: September 04, 2018, 09:18:48 PM »
Brendas hounding was absolutely wrong...the mccanns didnt hound brenda...she hounded the mccanns...im glad you agree

Yes Brenda’s hounding was wrong.

Brenda was  morally wrong to tweet some of the things she did.

The McCanns were morally wrong to leave three under 4s in an unlocked apartment.

Neither Brenda’s or the McCanns actions were criminal.

Both contributed to their own predicament.

Neither deserved to be hounded.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1509 on: September 04, 2018, 09:25:54 PM »
Yes Brenda’s hounding was wrong.

Brenda was  morally wrong to tweet some of the things she did.

The McCanns were morally wrong to leave three under 4s in an unlocked apartment.

Neither Brenda’s or the McCanns actions were criminal.

Both contributed to their own predicament.

Neither deserved to be hounded.

The question still remains of why Brenda and others felt the need to hound the McCanns.
The why remains a puzzle.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1510 on: September 04, 2018, 09:36:21 PM »
Brenda did not contact the McCanns. You cannot hound someone you have no contact with.

Martin Brunt and supporters directly hounded Brenda both on Twitter and through the media.

There is a difference.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:56:55 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1511 on: September 04, 2018, 09:37:34 PM »
Brenda did not contact the McCanns. You cannot hound someone you have no contact with.

Martin Brunt and supporters directly hounded Brenda both on Twitter and through the media.

There is a difference.

Brenda hounded the McCann's.. Stop making excuses for her abusive behaviour

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1512 on: September 04, 2018, 09:39:51 PM »
The question still remains of why Brenda and others felt the need to hound the McCanns.
The why remains a puzzle.

The McCanns were hounded by the press. Brenda and others tweeted rather nasty opinions. They did not hound them as the McCanns were unaware of their comments.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1513 on: September 04, 2018, 09:44:56 PM »
The McCanns were hounded by the press. Brenda and others tweeted rather nasty opinions. They did not hound them as the McCanns were unaware of their comments.
Brenda wrote abusive tweets addressing the McCanns directly which suggests she hoped her hateful messages would reach them.  She also actively engaged in the intimidation and bullying of a woman she believed to be Amy Tierney.  No more excuses please.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1514 on: September 04, 2018, 09:47:05 PM »
Brenda hounded the McCann's.. Stop making excuses for her abusive behaviour

I’m making no excuses. Brenda tweeted some nasty comments about the McCanns. They did not see them so couldn't possibly feel hounded by them.

Brenda tweeted some nasty opinions. She was however innocent in the eyes of the law.
The McCanns left three babies alone in an unlocked apartment. They are however innocent in the eyes of the law.

Their position is comparable. Both were morally wrong but legally innocent.

Neither deserved to be hounded by the press for their failures.