Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137997 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1575 on: September 05, 2018, 08:26:08 AM »
Well it's certainly contrary to what I believe to be true.

Surely you don't honestly think she would have invited him into her home after they did the dirty on her and aired the doorstepping footage?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1576 on: September 05, 2018, 08:30:25 AM »
Surely you don't honestly think she would have invited him into her home after they did the dirty on her and aired the doorstepping footage?

Yes.
I believe she did.
After she drove away and the footage had been shown, Brunt later on in the day said that when she came back she contacted him and invited him into her home.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1577 on: September 05, 2018, 10:15:35 AM »
I doubt very much if the rationale behind the compilation of the dossier was revenge.  In my opinion the dossier compilers simply wanted the torrents of abuse and persecution as exemplified by the many thousands of abusive posts directed at one named family to stop.

A psychiatrist who had treated Brenda Leyland in the past gave evidence to her inquest as follows:

Dr Z - Consultant Psychiatrist (he was not treating Brenda at the time of her death, but had seen her as a patient many years ago)

Brenda did have a mental health condition of recurrent depression and certain unstable emotional personality traits. He understood they were lifelong conditions.
It would not be obvious to others that she had a mental health condition. She was a very private person with complex psychological endowment. She had very contrasting emotions and conversations.

Coroner asked - did she always have full insight into her conversations?

Dr Z - yes, she would understand consequences of her actions. In discussions I think she flirted with talk of suicide.

He said he was not aware she had tried to take her own life in the past.

I've noted "suicidal tendencies".

Coroner - "But the risk of serious harm is always there?"

I've noted "not aware of any actions; risk of serious self-harm".

Dr Z - yes. He described her as an extremely intelligent lady.
Her reaction, could not have been expected by others. And with his knowledge it couldn't have been foreseen.

Coroner - her personality would be to trigger such events?

She told Brunt that she had been thinking of suicide. What do you think he should have done with that information?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1578 on: September 05, 2018, 10:16:44 AM »
No one knew brenda had, mental health issues, apart from her family.... They are, the ones, who should have helped her....brenda was free to abuse... Sky was, free to name and shame her....

She told Brunt she had been thinking of suicide. What do you think he should have done with that information?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1579 on: September 05, 2018, 10:22:49 AM »
She told Brunt she had been thinking of suicide. What do you think he should have done with that information?
I hope he said "please don't do that".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1580 on: September 05, 2018, 10:23:48 AM »
Yes.
I believe she did.
After she drove away and the footage had been shown, Brunt later on in the day said that when she came back she contacted him and invited him into her home.

After she was doorstepped, and before it was aired, Brenda contacted her son to see if there was anything they could do to stop the footage being aired. It’s all there in the coroner’s transcript.

There’s a moral hole in anyone who knows Brenda spoke to Brunt about suicide yet still supports her despicable treatment by him.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1581 on: September 05, 2018, 10:29:00 AM »
After she was doorstepped, and before it was aired, Brenda contacted her son to see if there was anything they could do to stop the footage being aired. It’s all there in the coroner’s transcript.

There’s a moral hole in anyone who knows Brenda spoke to Brunt about suicide yet still supports her despicable treatment by him.

And there is a moral hole in anyone who hounds and posts hate against the family of a missing child.
And in my opinion that was what Brenda joined in with.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1582 on: September 05, 2018, 10:32:21 AM »
Yes.
I believe she did.

The doorstepping and interview later that day were on the 30 September.  BL telephoned Brunt on 1 October when she revealed she had been suicidal. The doorstepping footage aired on the 2 October and BL was found dead two days later.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/20/sky-news-mccann-brenda-leyland

I don't think there's much more to say really, what Sky News did was despicable for an international news organisation which supposedly exudes the highest professional standards in broadcasting.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 10:38:58 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1583 on: September 05, 2018, 10:36:09 AM »
And (from the coroners inquest)

Brenda asked "What would Sky do." Brunt replied they would almost certainly use the footage from outside the house. He asked again if she would do more.

He didn't know when the footage would be used. Brenda asked "Would Sky identify her?"

Brunt said he didn't know but it was likely that they would and Brenda accepted that. Brunt gave her his card and said if she had concerns to call him. He added "I hope I haven't ruined your day."

He said that the intention was to contact others [mentioned] in the dossier.

The coroner asked him about the process regarding using the footage. He said he went to London and spoke to Jonathon Levi and others.

Brenda rang Brunt on the afternoon of his visit asking if she would be identified (and when they'd be running the report?). He said he didn't know and that he'd keep her informed.

So Erngath you are misinformed IMO
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1584 on: September 05, 2018, 10:38:06 AM »

And there is a moral hole in anyone who hounds and posts hate against the family of a missing child.
And in my opinion that was what Brenda joined in with.

So now Angelo and Sunny have posted the proof that Brunt knew Brenda was thinking of suicide before the footage was aired, do you still think Sky should have aired the footage ?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 10:41:20 AM by Faithlilly »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1585 on: September 05, 2018, 10:43:35 AM »
The doorstepping and interview later that day were on the 30 September.  The doorstepping footage aired on the 2 October and BL was found dead two days later.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/20/sky-news-mccann-brenda-leyland

Why was it shown in two distinctive sections.
The first footage ends with her driving away.
Then later  on that day the next footage showed Brenda and Martin Brunt gong into  her house.

I reiterate all I have said before.
She chose to hound the family of a missing child.
Why?
Bullying even though it may not be criminal is morally reprehensible.
Bullying in schools is dealt with even though it may not be criminal.

The public have a right to be concerned about bullying wherever it occurs.
I regret that anyone chooses to end their life, and I think the pain the family feels must be ntolerable.
The suicide victim is at peace but their families have to cope with the pain forever.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1586 on: September 05, 2018, 10:46:10 AM »
So now Angelo and Sunny have posted the proof that Brunt knew Brenda was thinking of suicide before the footage was aired, do you still think Sky should have aired the footage ?

My opinion is not relevant.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1587 on: September 05, 2018, 10:48:10 AM »

Then later  on that day the next footage showed Brenda and Martin Brunt gong into  her house.

Why?

I regret that anyone chooses to end their life, and I think the pain the family feels must be ntolerable.
The suicide victim is at peace but their families have to cope with the pain forever.

So you choose not to answer my question.

Let me ask you Erngath. If you thought a person, no matter what your view of their behaviour, was contemplating suicide would you simply carry on in the action which you knew had a good chance of tipping them over the edge ?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1588 on: September 05, 2018, 10:50:56 AM »
So you choose not to answer my question.

Let me ask you Erngath. If you thought a person, no matter what your view of their behaviour, was contemplating suicide would you simply carry on in the action which you knew had a good chance of tipping them over the edge ?

I can't believe you would ask  anyone on this forum such an insensitive and frankly insulting question.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1589 on: September 05, 2018, 10:52:33 AM »

Why?

You'll need to ask Jonathan Levy that question as he was head of the editorial team who put the footage together.

Abuse is wrong wherever it originates so I make no excuses on that front.

Je ne regrette rien!!