Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138021 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1590 on: September 05, 2018, 10:56:59 AM »
You'll need to ask Jonathan Levy that question as he was head of the editorial team who put the footage together.

Abuse is wrong wherever it originates so I make no excuses on that front.

It still seems a strange way of broadcasting if everything had been recorded beforehand.
To split the footage into two separate incidents and to make both appear to be live broadcasts is most peculiar..
Agreed, abuse is wrong.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1591 on: September 05, 2018, 11:03:58 AM »

Your personal experience may have been with a school which  has failed in its duty to help children who are being bullied but many schools here have good anti bullying policies.
In the past schools have not dealt well with bullying but now most schools have adopted strong anti bullying practices.
If not, then they will incur strong criticism from HMI.
Good luck. I've been through the mill. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:27:24 AM by John »
What's up, old man?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1592 on: September 05, 2018, 11:08:36 AM »
I can't believe you would ask  anyone on this forum such an insensitive and frankly insulting question.

But that is at the core of this debate.

And it is a very simple question. I myself can categorically say that no matter what the person had done if I thought by my actions that they may take their own life I would not take those actions.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:21:56 AM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1593 on: September 05, 2018, 11:09:53 AM »

In your opinion of course.
Because you have been unfortunate enough not to have experienced what happens in a well -run and caring school community, does not mean that everyone has the same unfortunate experience.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:28:11 AM by John »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1594 on: September 05, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »
But that is at the core of this debate.

And it is a very simple question. I myself can categorically say that no matter what the person had done if I thought by my actions that they may take their own life I would not take those actions.

No I would do my very up most to make sure a loved one committed suicide.
You have no idea of whether I have had to cope with or been involved with this situation in my real life.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:26:52 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #1595 on: September 05, 2018, 11:32:28 AM »
This is a sensitive subject which has raised several questions of a moral and legal nature. There is sufficient scope foir debate without resorting to personal comments or goading remarks.  And that includes using the name Alfie to provoke a response from another member.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:34:58 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1596 on: September 05, 2018, 11:51:34 AM »
No I would do my very up most to make sure a loved one committed suicide.
You have no idea of whether I have had to cope with or been involved with this situation in my real life.

It’s surprising that you are asking me to consider what you have coped with in your life when you give no thought to what Brenda had had to cope with.

So from your answer above can I take it that you think Brunt was wrong to air the footage when he knew Brenda was suicidal ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1597 on: September 05, 2018, 11:52:23 AM »
Brunt said he didn't think the remark was made, seriously... Did anyone contact sky... Her son fir instance and explain the situation.... It appears not

People  want to blame sky.. Brunt... or the compilers... They all acted reasonably IMO... The problem started with the, abusive tweets... They were the cause of the situation  arising... Anyone posting anything on line should have the decency only to post that which they are prepared to publicly acknowledge... Posting abuse anonymously is, rank cowardice

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1598 on: September 05, 2018, 11:54:07 AM »
Brunt said he didn't think the remark was made, seriously... Did anyone contact sky... Her son fir instance and explain the situation.... It appears not

People  want to blame sky.. Brunt... or the compilers... They all acted reasonably IMO... The problem started with the, abusive tweets... They were the cause if the situation  arising... Anyone posting anything on line should have the decency only to post that which they are prepared to publicly acknowledge... Posting abuse anonymously is, rank cowardice

Did Brunt say he thought her suicide remark was not serious ? Do you have a cite ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1599 on: September 05, 2018, 11:54:57 AM »
Did Brunt say he thought her suicide remark was not serious ? Do you have a cite ?

Yes he said he thought it was a throw away remark

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1600 on: September 05, 2018, 11:55:53 AM »

Then presumably  you do not support the abuse by brenda

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1601 on: September 05, 2018, 12:01:08 PM »
Statement by the coroner... Who knows more, about the case than anyone here..

Recording a verdict of suicide, Mason said she did not think that anyone could have known that Leyland had made a decision to take her own life.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1602 on: September 05, 2018, 12:05:23 PM »
Yes he said he thought it was a throw away remark

Do you have a cite ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1603 on: September 05, 2018, 12:07:00 PM »
Do you have a cite ?

Before I provide the cite... Are you really not aware of it... If you are not I will be glad to provide it

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1604 on: September 05, 2018, 12:27:52 PM »
It’s surprising that you are asking me to consider what you have coped with in your life when you give no thought to what Brenda had had to cope with.

So from your answer above can I take it that you think Brunt was wrong to air the footage when he knew Brenda was suicidal ?

You can think what you like.
I've had quite enough of your style of posting for today.
Even in this post you can say that I "give no thought to what Brenda had had to cope with"
Yet another example of you deciding  how I feel and/or think.
Never have I given any indication that this is how I feel.