Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138010 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1620 on: September 05, 2018, 04:23:15 PM »
Brunt didn't know Brenda was suicidal and he didn't air the footage,  get your facts right.

Brunt did know Brenda was suicidal. He admitted as much himself.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1621 on: September 05, 2018, 04:56:05 PM »
Brunt knew Brenda was having suicidal thoughts yet still chose to air the doorstepping footage. Do you condemn him for making such a heartless decision ? If you don’t you don’t care and it is your attitude which should be scrutinised not the poster who highlighted it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:40:25 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1622 on: September 05, 2018, 04:57:21 PM »
Let's be clear then.
You are accusing Davel of not caring that a woman ended her own life.

By the way I said objectionable not disappointing.

He has made it abundantly clear that he blames her death entirely on herself and has shown no care at all. Read his posts on the subject and I suppose I could say I find Davel's attitude regarding her death objectional, Erngath.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1623 on: September 05, 2018, 05:02:54 PM »
I think what is clear how misguided someone could be.... I'm one of the most compassionate people anyone could meet... So I'm not in the slightest offended... I'm totally comfortable in my own compassionate skin
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:40:57 PM by John »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1624 on: September 05, 2018, 05:09:06 PM »
He has made it abundantly clear that he blames her death entirely on herself and has shown no care at all. Read his posts on the subject and I suppose I could say I find Davel's attitude regarding her death objectional, Erngath.

I've followed his posts and  believe he has attributed much of her difficulties to her own personal life situation.
He believes that it was correct that the bullying and hounding of the parents of Madeleine should have been reported both to the police and the media.
You have chosen to interpret this as his  not caring that a woman ended her own life.
I feel you have no right to make such a presumption.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1625 on: September 05, 2018, 05:13:40 PM »
I think what is clear how misguided someone could be.... I'm one of the most compassionate people anyone could meet... So I'm not in the slightest offended... I'm totally comfortable in my own compassionate skin

However if a sceptic had been the subject of such accusations...........
You can only imagine the ensuing objections.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1626 on: September 05, 2018, 05:15:38 PM »
I've followed his posts and  believe he has attributed much of her difficulties to her own personal life situation.
He believes that it was correct that the bullying and hounding of the parents of Madeleine should have been reported both to the police and the media.
You have chosen to interpret this as his  not caring that a woman ended her own life.
I feel you have no right to make such a presumption.

Brunt knew Brenda was having suicidal thoughts yet chose to show the footage anyway. Anyone who doesn’t roundly condemn that choice doesn’t care what befell Brenda as a result.

You do seem inordinately interested in defending such a callous decision.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1627 on: September 05, 2018, 05:24:20 PM »
The discussion was Did Brenda Leyland have the right to due process. The answer is yes. Did she receive it ? The answer of course is no.

Conclusion: supporters ( including the dossier compilers ) insist on due process for the McCanns while denying it to Brenda Leyland.
Was this the finding of the inquest? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1628 on: September 05, 2018, 05:29:54 PM »
I think that is a heartless question to ask Rob.

I also am intrigued that yourself and none of the supporters who have replied to my previous post have mentioned the final part of my quote by Claire Hardacre

Ultimately, individuals who troll or become obsessed with conspiracy theories can be driven by many factors – boredom, loneliness, a need for validation – and we cannot discount the possibility of mental health problems. At times, their behaviour may border on loathsome, but a news team with a high-profile journalist at the helm is not the way to bring about justice.

Claire Hardacre agreed with me that "a news team with a high-profile journalist at the helm is not the way to bring about justice". Do you and others think it was the right way?

Brietta, whether or not Brenda had suicidal tendencies was almost certainly unknown to Brunt, the rest of the media that piled in to call her a trxll and also those who created the dossier. 

The result of the dossier and Martin Brunt (and the daily Mail story), led to a witch hunt on a massive scale that I cant remember seeing before and all because one woman made some tweets.  I do not deny they were abusive and deeply unpleasant but I believe that murders appear to get less media coverage than Brenda did.

I suppose all supporters are following Gerry McCanns' stance

“I’m glad to see the law around this area is being reviewed, but I do think we need to make examples of people who are causing damage.”

Personally I wish that Martin Brunt had found someone to make and "example of" one of who had posted the alleged threats to the family rather than a woman in her 60s who lived alone who did not.

Martin Brunt of course claims to be devastated by Brenda's death but it seems the supporters by and large on here were not (one in particular).
Bsically what you and Claire want is for the media to consider and research the mental health of everyone they write stories on before publishing them.  Perhaps that too should be extended to everyone who passes a personal opinion on another person in a public place. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #1629 on: September 05, 2018, 05:30:31 PM »
May well be...abuse such as brenda was part of needs to be stopped... Although you seem to disagree

I concur with that Dave but using the press and media is not how it will be stopped. If anything, the Brenda Leyland case should be a lesson to all that there is a right and a wrong way of doing these things.  Had the police bothered to speak to her I am quite sure that would have been enough to end the nonsense but clearly they were too busy with other things to get involved. I always found that a word in someone's ear or even being cautioned usually had the desired effect.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:34:23 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1630 on: September 05, 2018, 05:32:21 PM »
They deserve the same fate as BL who also broke no laws.
So lthough you think what the dossier compilers and sky did was reprehensible, you want them to receive the same treatment as Brenda.  And what if Brunt or a dossier compiler killed themselves, would that be justified as suitable retribution in your view?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1631 on: September 05, 2018, 05:32:29 PM »
All very poor excuses. She had confided in Brunt that she was extremely upset and had thought about ending it all yet Sky still went ahead and aired the footage.  For me that was an extremely callous thing to do.

I don't think it was... Brunt didn't take her remark seriously... As I have said... Why didn't her son ring Brunt... Brenda had his number

You have your opinion I have mine... I don't attach any blame to the compilers... Brunt... Or Sky... They had information  that need to be acted on

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1632 on: September 05, 2018, 05:33:28 PM »
I concur with that Dave but using the press and media is not how it will be stopped. If anything, the Brenda Leyland case should be a lesson to all that there is a right and a wrong way of doing these things.  Had the police bothered to speak to her I am quite sure that would have been enough to end the nonsense but clearly they were too busy with other things to get involved.

I suggested some time ago the police should have spoken to her

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1633 on: September 05, 2018, 05:35:43 PM »

I find your whole post laughable with no basis in fact... But IMO there's lots you misunderstand

Offline John

« Reply #1634 on: September 05, 2018, 05:36:35 PM »
I don't think it was... Brunt didn't take her remark seriously... As I have said... Why didn't her son ring Brunt... Brenda had his number

You have your opinion I have mine... I don't attach any blame to the compilers... Brunt... Or Sky... They had information  that need to be acted on

They are journalists or at least that's what they call themselves, they report news, they don't create it.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.