Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137989 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1650 on: September 05, 2018, 06:34:28 PM »
It wasn't his claim

I saw him claim it with my own eyes.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1651 on: September 05, 2018, 06:39:53 PM »
Amaral and Brenda were certainly not the only people who had no care about how much anguish they added to he McCanns.

People can’t be force to feel sorry for two entitled 30 somethings who took the safety of their children so lightly.

My granddaughter is the same age as Madeleine and it makes me shudder that they ever thought that it was an appropriate decision to make.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1652 on: September 05, 2018, 06:40:09 PM »
I saw him claim it with my own eyes.

You should have turned the sound up and listened to his words... He was reporting a claim... It wasn't his claim... He was jusrlt doing his job as he was, when he doorstepped brenda

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1653 on: September 05, 2018, 06:41:08 PM »

His honesty ? That’s like commending a murderer for confessing.

Did he say he had told Sky about Brenda’s suicide comment ?
Criminals  are commended for confessing and often receive reduced sentences for doing so.  Are you suggesting Martin Brunt is similar to a murderer?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1654 on: September 05, 2018, 06:42:59 PM »
Criminals  are commended for confessing and often receive reduced sentences for doing so.  Are you suggesting Martin Brunt is similar to a murderer?

I think your comparison is comparable.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1655 on: September 05, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »
I find your whole post laughable with no basis in fact... But IMO there's lots you misunderstand

OK No basis in fact. Who do you blame for Brenda's death then. You have said many times here that it wasn't the dossier and it wasn't Martin Brunt and the media, who is left?

Online abuse is a serious topic that needs to be addressed.... Not the tit for tat arguments between posters, but the targetting if individuals not involved with the sites.  For this, reason I applaud the action of the compilers and of Brunt and Sky and don't believe they have any responsibility  fir the death of Brenda

You say

I think what is clear how misguided someone could be.... I'm one of the most compassionate people anyone could meet... So I'm not in the slightest offended... I'm totally comfortable in my own compassionate skin

And yet

in your opinion...we dont know how they feel ...If i was one of the I certainly would not feel in any way to blame for brendas death.....if you expect compassion in times of difficulty it might be an idea to show some to others...brenda showed none

perhaps the dossier makers thought brenda deserved maximum exposure........in order to curb bullying and abuse online....I cant help but agree with them...lets have an end to abuse and bullying

brenda had no thoughts whatsoever for the  mccanns feelings...why should she expect any for herself

Regarding her taking of her own life

of course ...it a was brendas choice

I don't consider you compassionate, at least towards Brenda Leyland's death davel.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1656 on: September 05, 2018, 06:45:01 PM »
In life Brenda was indeed denied due process due to Sky and the dossier compilers taking the law into their own hands. After her death of course she was found to have committed not criminal offence.
The same could be said for named police officers in the Hillsborough tragedy, for the alleged murderers of Stephen Lawrnece, and many other examples named and shamed prior to any court case.  I presume you are equally disgusted by the way these individuals have been treated by the media?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1657 on: September 05, 2018, 06:47:40 PM »
OK No basis in fact. Who do you blame for Brenda's death then. You have said many times here that it wasn't the dossier and it wasn't Martin Brunt and the media, who is left?

You say

And yet

I don't consider you compassionate, at least towards Brenda Leyland's death davel.

Brendas mental illness... Combined with her lonliness.... The fact as, I understand she killed herself on her estranged sons birthday make me think she wanted to punish him.. All my opinion but you did ask the question

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1658 on: September 05, 2018, 06:48:29 PM »
I think your comparison is comparable.
It was your comparison, so you DO think Martin Brunt is similar to a murderer, and yet somehow despite being investigated no charges were brought.  As the police are the only people who matter (your words) that should be that, so why do you keep harping on?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:50:30 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1659 on: September 05, 2018, 06:51:02 PM »
Snipped from my earlier post with Martin Brunt's evidence to the coroner.  Brunt had originally intended to contact others mentioned in the dossier.

If he was so convinced that what he had done to Brenda Leyland was correct, why did he not do this?
He was working for someone wasn't he?  So his boss would have had a say in that.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1660 on: September 05, 2018, 06:52:28 PM »
Brendas mental illness... Combined with her lonliness.... The fact as, I understand she killed herself on her estranged sons birthday make me think she wanted to punish him.. All my opinion but you did ask the question

The ones left behind are those who suffer the most.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1661 on: September 05, 2018, 06:52:46 PM »
The same could be said for named police officers in the Hillsborough tragedy, for the alleged murderers of Stephen Lawrnece, and many other examples named and shamed prior to any court case.  I presume you are equally disgusted by the way these individuals have been treated by the media?

I really can’t explain it on any other way.

I really can’t see much difference to the way Sky acted to the actions of Tommy Robinson. Individuals being investigated are given anonymity for a reason.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1662 on: September 05, 2018, 06:54:01 PM »

The ones left behind are those who suffer the most.

In many cases... But not all

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1663 on: September 05, 2018, 06:55:11 PM »

You say

And yet

And I don't consider you compassionate,  at least towards Madeleine's family.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1664 on: September 05, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »
It was your comparison, so you DO think Martin Brunt is similar to a murderer, and yet somehow despite being investigated no charges were brought.  As the police are the only people who matter (your words) that should be that, so why do you keep harping on?

I think commending Brunt for his honesty is like commending a murderer for confessing. The commendation is absurd.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:03:39 PM by Eleanor »