Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138945 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1665 on: September 05, 2018, 06:57:15 PM »

The ones left behind are those who suffer the most.

I’m sure Madeleine would beg to differ.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1666 on: September 05, 2018, 06:57:55 PM »
In life Brenda was indeed denied due process due to Sky and the dossier compilers taking the law into their own hands. After her death of course she was found to have committed not criminal offence.
Had she not committed suicide maybe she could have gotten a good payout for libel.  Be like the McCanns.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1667 on: September 05, 2018, 06:58:40 PM »
Brendas mental illness... Combined with her lonliness.... The fact as, I understand she killed herself on her estranged sons birthday make me think she wanted to punish him.. All my opinion but you did ask the question

The way you read it off like a shopping list and have done more than once is why I didn't consider it compassionate Davel doesn't make be believe you care. Read my quotes by you earlier. And then think of the post earlier by me that you ridiculed.

The fact that you say you do not blame anyone but Brenda for her death and in fact want more outings of sceptics.  How do you know there will not be another suicide?

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1668 on: September 05, 2018, 06:58:54 PM »
In many cases... But not all

I know four families of suicide victims and they continually blame themselves and wonder what they could have done to help prevent their loved  one ending their life.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1669 on: September 05, 2018, 07:00:22 PM »
I think commending Brunt for his honesty is like commending a murderer for confessing. The commendation is absurd.

Nicely swerved the point of my post btw.  Why do you keep harping on when the only people who matter, the police, decided Sky and Brunt had done nothing wrong?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:06:01 PM by Eleanor »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1670 on: September 05, 2018, 07:02:40 PM »
I saw him claim it with my own eyes.
Did he see the report from FSS too?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1671 on: September 05, 2018, 07:03:49 PM »
Could anyone please show me where anyone who has only made alleged abusive posts on twitter has ever had the mass media hysteria that Brenda Leyland was forced to suffer for over 2 days before she took her own life. 

Some here think it was a final straw IMO it was the main one. 
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1672 on: September 05, 2018, 07:07:32 PM »
Could anyone please show me where anyone who has only made alleged abusive posts on twitter has ever had the mass media hysteria that Brenda Leyland was forced to suffer for over 2 days before she took her own life. 

I remember a young woman on Big Brother who used the “N” word in a good humoured chat with a black housemate and attracted mass media hysteria for several days, attracting plenty of comment from newspapers.  She got kicked off the show for it.  I remember standing up for her online and being vilified for doing so.  Ironic isn’t it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1673 on: September 05, 2018, 07:08:19 PM »

I know four families of suicide victims and they continually blame themselves and wonder what they could have done to help prevent their loved  one ending their life.
Goes to show it isn't that easy to predict.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1674 on: September 05, 2018, 07:10:51 PM »

What did her therapist think?
Moderation

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1675 on: September 05, 2018, 07:12:37 PM »
I remember a young woman on Big Brother who used the “N” word in a good humoured chat with a black housemate and attracted mass media hysteria for several days, attracting plenty of comment from newspapers.  She got kicked off the show for it.  I remember standing up for her online and being vilified for doing so.  Ironic isn’t it?

That was someone who wanted the media attention, and they got it.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1676 on: September 05, 2018, 07:15:37 PM »
What did her therapist think?

Rob were you involved in the case when Martin Brunt doorstepped Brenda? It was huge in the media and was why I became interested in the case.

I am sure that the fact it was her estranged son's birthday and the outing together proved too much for her and I am not surprised.  Without Brunt and his and others escapade then Brenda would still be here I am sure.

Some though IMO seem to be glad as at least she isn't tweeting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1677 on: September 05, 2018, 07:17:10 PM »

It isn't some here.. It's her son who thought it was the final straw... And I think hes more informed than you are

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1678 on: September 05, 2018, 07:18:57 PM »
That was someone who wanted the media attention, and they got it.
She wanted to be the nation’s pariah, and dubbed a racist?  Do you have a cite for that?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1679 on: September 05, 2018, 07:22:17 PM »
She wanted to be the nation’s pariah, and dubbed a racist?  Do you have a cite for that?

Don't put words into my mouth Vertigo Swirl. Who on earth would appear on Big Brother without wanting to be "famous".   It's what the whole programme is about for contestants IMO.