Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138001 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1935 on: October 29, 2018, 05:13:08 PM »
When you see the almost universally negative comments under every newspaper article about the McCanns, comments from individuals some of whom would be asked to do jury duty, can you honestly say the parents would get a fair trial ? Just out of interest why do you think the parents would get a fair trial here but not in Portugal?

Coz imo they has all been told to say so on the basis of no evidence but alot of belief and mythology.
After eleven years of "study and research" they still haven't the first clue about the Portuguese legal system other than "it must be bent and everywhere else isn't"
Key:
They = Supporters
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 10:00:27 AM by Angelo222 »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1936 on: October 29, 2018, 05:20:42 PM »
If there was no evidence in Portugal to charge anyone with any type of offence in relation to Madeleine's disappearance ... let alone bring anyone to trial ... don't you think it is a bit presumptive of you to lust after a trial in England?

It’s a hypothetical scenario to illustrate a point. Google it....I’m sure Wikipedia will explain.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #1937 on: October 29, 2018, 05:45:12 PM »
Do you or anyone else have evidence of this other name that Brenda is alleged to have used? I have read a lot of information about her but never heard of that.

I would appreciate  information and a cite on this if it is indeed true.

I have had a very quick shufty and I cant find the page that I skimmed over, late one evening, in the wee small hours.  The name was something like Bruiser, but I think I must have mistaken it being Brenda, perhaps they, Bruiser and another unpleasantly named poster, were talking about her ?     Dunno now.

Anyway i will delete the offending bit.

Thanks for alerting me.  I really shouldn't research when exhausted ! 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1938 on: October 29, 2018, 05:48:12 PM »
When you see the almost universally negative comments under every newspaper article about the McCanns, comments from individuals some of whom would be asked to do jury duty, can you honestly say the parents would get a fair trial ? Just out of interest why do you think the parents would get a fair trial here but not in Portugal?
How’s about breaking the habit of a lifetime and doing me the courtesy of answering my question first before posing one of your own?  Happy to reply once you have.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1939 on: October 29, 2018, 05:54:36 PM »
How’s about breaking the habit of a lifetime and doing me the courtesy of answering my question first before posing one of your own?  Happy to reply once you have.

When you ask question after question after question without an input then it’s difficult to ask you a question. Perhaps you can break the habit of a lifetime and answer a question without demanding anything in return ? Novel idea I know......!
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1940 on: October 29, 2018, 06:03:30 PM »
When you ask question after question after question without an input then it’s difficult to ask you a question. Perhaps you can break the habit of a lifetime and answer a question without demanding anything in return ? Novel idea I know......!
Your first sentence makes no sense.  I have answered all your questions save the last one unless you can provide a cite to show otherwise.  You, on the other hand... Tell me why I should do your bidding when you ignore mine?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 06:05:38 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline sadie

« Reply #1941 on: October 29, 2018, 06:11:48 PM »
Coz imo they has all been told to say so on the basis of no evidence but alot of belief and mythology.
After eleven years of "study and research" they still haven't the first clue about the Portuguese legal system other than "it must be bent and everywhere else isn't"
Key:
They = Supporters

I resent that. 

Nobody has Ever told me what to say

And I am pretty sure that nobody else on our side has been told what to say either.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1942 on: October 29, 2018, 06:25:11 PM »

I resent that

Nobody has Ever told me what to say

And I am pretty sure that nobody else on our side has been told what to say either.

Well your "side" as you call it uses the same arguments and in some instances the same syntax.

Amos 3.3
QED
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 10:02:22 AM by Angelo222 »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1943 on: October 29, 2018, 06:29:11 PM »
It’s a hypothetical scenario to illustrate a point. Google it....I’m sure Wikipedia will explain.

What hypothesis are you illustrating?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1944 on: October 29, 2018, 06:38:29 PM »
I have had a very quick shufty and I cant find the page that I skimmed over, late one evening, in the wee small hours.  The name was something like Bruiser, but I think I must have mistaken it being Brenda, perhaps they, Bruiser and another unpleasantly named poster, were talking about her ?     Dunno now.

Anyway i will delete the offending bit.

Thanks for alerting me.  I really shouldn't research when exhausted !

Many thanks sadie. I have had another look and not found anything.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1945 on: October 29, 2018, 06:40:54 PM »
Many thanks sadie. I have had another look and not found anything.

I'm waiting for a cite from you on another thread.  Please oblige or amend your post.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #1946 on: October 29, 2018, 06:52:51 PM »
Well your "side" as you call it uses the same arguments and in some instances the same syntax.

Amos 3.3
QED

QED Rubbish!

Some of us have independantly worked out that  Amaral was wrong, misunderstanding the lack of dog evidence and other things.

No-one has shown any criminal intents or criminal history with any of the Tapas group.  There are plenty of other things that we have all independantly noticed.

The arguments are there and in our own words we are going to use them.  That is what people do. 

Offline sadie

« Reply #1947 on: October 29, 2018, 07:04:00 PM »
I'm waiting for a cite from you on another thread.  Please oblige or amend your post.

I am waiting for a cite too, which never came.  But it was few weeks ago now and I have let it rest.

I do find it strange, nay hypercritical, that someone who supports cites so vigorously on their signature, fails to give cites themselves, despite demanding them of other people all the time.

I am glad that you noticed my error on the Brenda Layland name and caused me to relook at the situation.  Thank you for asking for that cite. 

However Sunny, i do think that generally you overdo the demanding of cites; it disrupts the flow of the forum tbh.
No offence meant.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1948 on: October 29, 2018, 07:17:32 PM »
I am waiting for a cite too, which never came.  But it was few weeks ago now and I have let it rest.

I do find it strange, nay hypercritical, that someone who supports cites so vigorously on their signature, fails to give cites themselves, despite demanding them of other people all the time.

I am glad that you noticed my error on the Brenda Layland name and caused me to relook at the situation.  Thank you for asking for that cite. 

However Sunny, i do think that generally you overdo the demanding of cites; it disrupts the flow of the forum tbh.
No offence meant.

I do try to only ask for ones that feel are important. Sadie could you tell me which cite you are waiting for. I must have forgotten about it as I thought I was up to date.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline sadie

« Reply #1949 on: October 29, 2018, 07:33:30 PM »
I do try to only ask for ones that feel are important. Sadie could you tell me which cite you are waiting for. I must have forgotten about it as I thought I was up to date.

I wish I could, but I haven't a clue now.  I let it go.   If you really want to find it, may I suggest that you wade thru my posts.  It was a short time before you got your new signature IIRC ... cos that sig. made me smile !

Now I must go.  Fish and chips from the chippy tonight.  Yum yum!