Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137992 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1995 on: November 08, 2018, 07:01:05 AM »
Both do extremely well in 2018, given the constant goading they receive - wouldn't you agree?  8)--))

Arbiter

Definition of arbiter. 1 : a person with power to decide a dispute : judge The mayor will act as the final arbiter in any dispute between board members.9 Oct 2018
Arbiter | Definition of Arbiter by Merriam-Webster

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/arbiter

Now explain please Vertigo Swirls power of arbitration on this forum.  I am sure you know what I was actually referring to.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1996 on: November 08, 2018, 07:31:19 AM »
Arbiter

Definition of arbiter. 1 : a person with power to decide a dispute : judge The mayor will act as the final arbiter in any dispute between board members.9 Oct 2018
Arbiter | Definition of Arbiter by Merriam-Webster

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/arbiter

Now explain please Vertigo Swirls power of arbitration on this forum.  I am sure you know what I was actually referring to.
@)(++(* oh dear, were you by any chance accusing us of somehow being complicit in Brenda’s death? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1997 on: November 08, 2018, 07:50:28 AM »
Although it's not a phrase I would use there are some things which arouse 'moral outrage' in everyone. The myrder of an innocent child, for example.

At the other end of the scale are things which arouse 'moral outrage' only in some people. Monty Python's Life of Brian, for example.

So some things outrage everyone and there are usually laws prohibiting these things. The things which don't outrage everyone are not against the law. It;s a natter of opinion and no-one's opinion can be allowed to dominate.

One man's meat is another man's poison, as they say. 

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1998 on: November 08, 2018, 07:56:40 AM »
Although it's not a phrase I would use there are some things which arouse 'moral outrage' in everyone. The myrder of an innocent child, for example.

At the other end of the scale are things which arouse 'moral outrage' only in some people. Monty Python's Life of Brian, for example.

So some things outrage everyone and there are usually laws prohibiting these things. The things which don't outrage everyone are not against the law. It;s a natter of opinion and no-one's opinion can be allowed to dominate.

Not an IMO in sight.... Contrary to what you think there are things that outrage some which are against the law

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1999 on: November 08, 2018, 08:24:07 AM »

Setting all personalities aside, writing spiteful, bitchy, accusatory, judgemental, untrue things publicly on line about alleged victims of crime and their immediate families tends not to be “meat” to most people.  IMO, most people view such behaviour as poison. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 03:57:54 PM by Admin »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2000 on: November 08, 2018, 08:43:06 AM »
As if I’d ever come running to you ever, for anything!

I think Alice was joking, Vee.  He's really good at obscure jokes.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2001 on: November 08, 2018, 08:45:09 AM »
I think Alice was joking, Vee.  He's really good at obscure jokes.
Arggh, don’t call me Vee, they’ll think I’m that ghastly paedo!!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2002 on: November 08, 2018, 08:49:45 AM »

So much for my Perceptions.

PS.  Which ghastly Paedo?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2003 on: November 08, 2018, 09:02:14 AM »

Why would we think that?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2004 on: November 08, 2018, 10:01:59 AM »
So much for my Perceptions.

PS.  Which ghastly Paedo?
Vee8
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2005 on: November 08, 2018, 10:22:36 AM »
Setting all personalities aside, writing spiteful, bitchy, accusatory, judgemental, untrue things publicly on line about the IMO victims of crime and their immediate families tends not to be “meat” to most people.  IMO, most people view such behaviour as poison.

The problem arises when one person sees something as spiteful, bitchy, accusatory, judgemental or untrue and another person doesn't. It's just competing opinions.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2006 on: November 08, 2018, 10:26:45 AM »

Was he always ghastly or only after he was exposed? I read some of his stuff and it was definitely  spiteful, bitchy, accusatory, judgemental or untrue in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2007 on: November 08, 2018, 10:46:19 AM »
Vee8

Thank You, Rob.  Very silly of me.  Sorry.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2008 on: November 08, 2018, 11:02:58 AM »
What if they haven’t broken the law?  Does society (includng the media) not have the right to name and shame people who behave in a morally repugnant way, sending out the message that such behaviour whilst not technically illegal, is still not acceptable?

No.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2009 on: November 08, 2018, 11:09:12 AM »
Please tell us what you understand by the term “due process”.  My understanding is that it relates to the judicial system, so in what way was Brenda denied due process and what would have been the ramifications of this denial of due process on Brenda had she lived, in your opinion?

The dossier was handed to the Met. If they had found criminal behaviour by Brenda she would have been arrested, charged and tried. That is due process. Brenda was denied this basic right under English law and anyone who condones this has no respect for the law.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?