Author Topic: The Calpol claim revisited.  (Read 49268 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The Calpol claim revisited.
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2018, 01:29:39 AM »
I would have thought that Kate would have had a lot of experience taking young children on holiday, given she had 3 kids under 4 and they regularly took them away for the weekend according to the Kate herself eg family visits, Donegal, Centreparks etc.
Welcome Sunny.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 12:00:52 PM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2018, 07:41:50 AM »
I would have thought that Kate would have had a lot of experience taking young children on holiday, given she had 3 kids under 4 and they regularly took them away for the weekend according to the Kate herself eg family visits, Donegal, Centreparks etc.

You have basically supplied it yourself... The McCann's had never been on this, type of holiday where the children are so active...... All day... And get very worn out... I've seen it a lot... Toddlers in pushchairs fast asleep in noisy discos... You don't get that at centre, parcs
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 12:01:19 PM by John »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2018, 07:48:20 AM »
You have basically supplied it yourself... The McCann's had never been on this, type of holiday where the children are so active...... All day... And get very worn out... I've seen it a lot... Toddlers in pushchairs fast asleep in noisy discos... You don't get that at centre, parcs

What, so kids don't get active at Centreparks? Isn't that what the parks are for?

Are you for real?

So nothing for the kids to do here then Davel.

https://www.centerparcs.co.uk/discover-center-parcs/things-to-do.html
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2018, 07:54:25 AM »
What, so kids don't get active at Centreparks? Isn't that what the parks are for?

Are you for real?

So nothing for the kids to do here then Davel.

https://www.centerparcs.co.uk/discover-center-parcs/things-to-do.html

No kids clubs at centre parcs... I've been ti both... I've taken young children to centre parcs and to places like ocean club... Have you... There is no comparison to how tired children get...I've, seen young children that are impossible to wake up they are that tired... That is, a fact not opinion

So I'm speaking from my experience  with children...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 12:02:04 PM by John »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2018, 08:04:26 AM »
No kids clubs at centre parcs... I've been ti both... I've taken young children to centre parcs and to places like ocean club... Have you... There is no comparison to how tired children get...I've, seen young children that are impossible to wake up they are that tired... That is, a fact not opinion

So I'm speaking from my experience  with children...

Well your experience must be flawed then Davel. There is an activity creche at CP.  From the link I supplied
Creche 24 - 35 months
Activity Den
Little ones love our Crèche & Activity Den, as it’s a Center Parcs adventure all of their very own. Our professionally trained childcare staff in the Ofsted-registered facility welcome them in, gently encouraging children to learn, develop and investigate, all in a happy, safe and stimulating environment. Meanwhile, you can explore the village, enjoy the activities and adventures on offer, and rest assured your little ones are in the best-possible care.

I can see sailing, archery, football, disco, cycling, even this;

Tiny Sports Day
All Villages
Age restriction

Parent accompanied

Introduce your little one to some favourite sports, including tennis, cricket and tri-golf. Ages 3 to 5 years

Davel did you read my link?   There IS a creche and there ARE activities for unnacompanied young children. When did you go to Centreparks?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 12:02:18 PM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2018, 08:07:54 AM »
Well your experience must be flawed then Davel. There is an activity creche at CP.  From the link I supplied
Creche 24 - 35 months
Activity Den
Little ones love our Crèche & Activity Den, as it’s a Center Parcs adventure all of their very own. Our professionally trained childcare staff in the Ofsted-registered facility welcome them in, gently encouraging children to learn, develop and investigate, all in a happy, safe and stimulating environment. Meanwhile, you can explore the village, enjoy the activities and adventures on offer, and rest assured your little ones are in the best-possible care.

I can see sailing, archery, football, disco, cycling, even this;

Tiny Sports Day
All Villages
Age restriction

Parent accompanied

Introduce your little one to some favourite sports, including tennis, cricket and tri-golf. Ages 3 to 5 years

Davel did you read my link?   There IS a creche and there ARE activities for unnacompanied young children. When did you go to Centreparks?

I've taken children to both.. Have you

What I'm saying is, there is, a realistic explanation for the tired twins that does not include sedatives
If you don't want to accept reality.. Fine

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2018, 08:11:35 AM »
Presumably we are now expected to bow to your alleged experience.

Oh drat, personal experience of children on holiday in Luz.  Should I ignore mine?

In favour of your non-experience of the locale?

Hmm.   *%87
What's up, old man?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2018, 08:14:17 AM »
I've taken children to both.. Have you

What I'm saying is, there is, a realistic explanation for the tired twins that does not include sedatives
If you don't want to accept reality.. Fine

Davel but you said

No kids clubs at centre parcs... I've been ti both.

All I was saying that there is kids clubs so it was a reasonable question to ask you when you went. No I haven't been to either Ocean Club nor Centre Parks.  I have been on holiday to hotels with kids clubs but never availed myself of their services.

I didn't mention sedatives by the way. All I was saying was that there is kids/creche at CP and you said there were not.   

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2018, 08:21:48 AM »
Presumably we are now expected to bow to your alleged experience.

Oh drat, personal experience of children on holiday in Luz.  Should I ignore mine?

In favour of your non-experience of the locale?

Hmm.   *%87

I've been to lots of holiday clubs... I am giving a realistic explanation  of the twins behaviour... opinion... Children can get extremely  overtired in these environments..
If you want to ignore reality it's up to you
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:54:26 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2018, 08:24:59 AM »
Davel but you said

No kids clubs at centre parcs... I've been ti both.

All I was saying that there is kids clubs so it was a reasonable question to ask you when you went. No I haven't been to either Ocean Club nor Centre Parks.  I have been on holiday to hotels with kids clubs but never availed myself of their services.

I didn't mention sedatives by the way. All I was saying was that there is kids/creche at CP and you said there were not.   

THe thread is about calpol which amaral incorrectly claimed was a sedative..it isnt....the sleepiness of the twins is easily expalined as i have done...there were no creches at CP when i went and it is of no relevance anyway

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2018, 08:25:55 AM »
I've been to lots of holiday clubs... I am giving a realistic explanation  of the twins behaviour... Fact... Not opinion... Children can get extremely  overtired in these environments..
IYO.

Pity about Jes wandering the streets trying to get his child to sleep.
What's up, old man?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2018, 08:26:59 AM »
I've been to lots of holiday clubs... I am giving a realistic explanation  of the twins behaviour... Fact... Not opinion... Children can get extremely  overtired in these environments..

Davel you posted you had more experience of taking children on holiday than Kate. I then mentioned her taking them for weekends away to family, Donegal and CP.

You then said CP doesn't have a creche/kids club.  All I have done is show that you are incorrect in all your assertions.

I  have never mentioned calpol or kids being tired. You have.  Why are you being so obtuse?

ETA I don't believe that calpol day has any sedative properties by the way.  You took us off topic.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2018, 08:31:27 AM »
Davel you posted you had more experience of taking children on holiday than Kate. I then mentioned her taking them for weekends away to family, Donegal and CP.

You then said CP doesn't have a creche/kids club.  All I have done is show that you are incorrect in all your assertions.

I  have never mentioned calpol or kids being tired. You have.  Why are you being so obtuse?

ETA I don't believe that calpol day has any sedative properties by the way.  You took us off topic.

Why do you think Calpol is being discussed on this thread

Offline Sunny

« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2018, 08:33:16 AM »
Why do you think Calpol is being discussed on this thread

Because claims have been made about it's sedative properties but of course that has nothing to do with your having more experience than Kate of children on holiday nor wether CP has a creche/kids club or not. You brought those up and IMO you were incorrect on both points.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2018, 08:37:17 AM »
Because claims have been made about it's sedative properties but of course that has nothing to do with your having more experience than Kate of children on holiday nor wether CP has a creche/kids club or not. You brought those up and IMO you were incorrect on both points.

so the fact In was offerring an alternative expalnation to sedation for the tiredness of the twins is totally on topic...thank you