Author Topic: Madeleine McCann: Mari Luz Cortes connection, fact and fiction.  (Read 20839 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Madeleine McCann: Mari Luz Cortes connection, fact and fiction.
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2018, 10:15:01 AM »
They are, in cases, where suspects do not speak english

You will, of course, have a cite for that. If true, then those who don't speak English have an advantage over those who speak it but can't read it.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2018, 10:24:48 AM »
No... The fault lies with the PJ... The statements should have been recorded
Unless you can show a legal requirement, in Portugal, in 2007, to record such statements, you are simply misinforming the forum.

Was there such a requirement?
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2018, 10:36:51 AM »
Unless you can show a legal requirement, in Portugal, in 2007, to record such statements, you are simply misinforming the forum.

What does the European Court say about it in 2007?  If it says so ... I imagine that would cover Portugal's obligation.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2018, 10:50:50 AM »

I'm misinforming no one.... The PJs method of recording statements for non Portuguese speakers is woefully inadequate..... .as Sutton pointed out and is a recipe for error

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2018, 11:39:35 AM »
I'm misinforming no one.... The PJs method of recording statements for non Portuguese speakers is woefully inadequate..... .as Sutton pointed out and is a recipe for error
So you have presented your opinion as fact, knowing there was no such requirement?

That's not misinformation.

It's worse.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2018, 12:01:35 PM »

It is acceptable in Portugal, which is what matters. The opinions expressed by anyone else are irrelevant.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2018, 12:13:45 PM »
It is acceptable in Portugal, which is what matters. The opinions expressed by anyone else are irrelevant.

Except maybe to the key board warriors who make something out of nothing.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2018, 12:51:17 PM »

the whole board is mostly opinion...so the whole board is irrelevant...but its a discussion forum and we discuss opinions
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 03:10:39 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2018, 01:08:01 PM »
No we don't... We have a non verbatim account of her statement written by Murat

Davel you originally said we didn't have copies of the rogatory statements so couldn't be certain they were correct then you said this

you still dont understand...the translations of the portuguese files are fairly accurate....we can check them. we cannot check the statemnts of the tapas or pennington.. because we dont have the original statements

Charlotte Pennington's statement has an original DVD image for you to see. It is in the link I attached.

Now you are changing the goalposts which will therefore make ALL the statements possibly innaccurate in your book, and certainly when it suits you.  All IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2018, 02:58:32 PM »
Davel you originally said we didn't have copies of the rogatory statements so couldn't be certain they were correct then you said this

you still dont understand...the translations of the portuguese files are fairly accurate....we can check them. we cannot check the statemnts of the tapas or pennington.. because we dont have the original statements

Charlotte Pennington's statement has an original DVD image for you to see. It is in the link I attached.

Now you are changing the goalposts which will therefore make ALL the statements possibly innaccurate in your book, and certainly when it suits you.  All IMO.

you seem to still misunderstand.......the Rogs are in english...and therefore may be reliable although the source from which they came is not reliable...what we cannot rely on is statements given in english in portugal which we do not have a record of....the amateur tarnslators...Murat for instance...have just given a non verbatim summarry of the stateemnt

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2018, 04:04:57 PM »
What does the European Court say about it in 2007?  If it says so ... I imagine that would cover Portugal's obligation.

Something like:
In various Member States not only the prosecution, but also judges and competent courts are charged with seeking both inculpatory and exculpatory evidence. Member States which do not have an adversarial system should be able to maintain their current system provided that it complies with this Directive and with other relevant provisions of Union and international law.

I would imagine.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2018, 04:10:09 PM »
Something like:
In various Member States not only the prosecution, but also judges and competent courts are charged with seeking both inculpatory and exculpatory evidence. Member States which do not have an adversarial system should be able to maintain their current system provided that it complies with this Directive and with other relevant provisions of Union and international law.

I would imagine.

so it doesnt address that particular problem.....The ECHR does guarantee the right to a fair trial so being coerced into signing something you dont understand may well be covered there

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2018, 04:12:25 PM »
Then on the other hand the discussion needs to be carried on incognisance of [this is UK legislation]:

"When you cannot produce a witness statement as evidence.
A written witness statement is not admissible on its own as evidence at trial if
the defence do not agree with the evidence that has been written within it.
How the statement is used in court
The statement will be read out at the hearing, only if it has been agreed by both the
prosecution and defence. This allows for evidence to be given without having to call
the witness to attend. If there is no agreement, the statement will not be read out in
court.
A witness may refer to specific documents in a statement and these documents or
items of evidence will be ‘produced’ as exhibits in the case. Any document or object
referred to as an exhibit and identified in the statement will be treated as if it has
been produced by the person who made the statement.

It screws up the armchair keyboard tecs but ensures justice works reasonably.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2018, 04:13:35 PM »
so it doesnt address that particular problem.....The ECHR does guarantee the right to a fair trial so being coerced into signing something you dont understand may well be covered there

Have you read the entire directive?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2018, 04:27:51 PM »
Have you read the entire directive?

i domt need to...the right to a fair trial is guaranteed