Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464112 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2016, 05:51:21 PM »
Commonest meaning is shirt however it can mean jacket or sark etc

I was told dark shirt like in the translated files. SB was questioned by SY.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2016, 09:26:40 PM »
I was told dark shirt like in the translated files. ...(snip)
Have you ever looked at the original page in the files Pathfinder?
It's in portuguese. There is no english translation of it in the files.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2016, 09:43:16 PM »
My eyes are killing, so I'm not looking for the earlier record now.
What is it in the number that makes you sure there is a political connection? Surely someone would have ensured it was blacked out?
Checked all the relevant phone records and there are only 2 calls of 1h+.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2016, 12:15:13 AM »
How many times did top government peeps take time out while abroad in USA and Portugal attending important meetings, to speak on phone with an ordinary parent of a missing child like KN?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:21:25 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2016, 12:28:12 AM »
How many times did top government peeps take time out while abroad in USA and Portugal attending important meetings, to speak on phone with an ordinary parent of a missing child like KN?

That's an unfair comparison as there were no mobile phones back in those days & telephone reception from the US to UK was terrible.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2016, 12:52:54 AM »
That's an unfair comparison as there were no mobile phones back in those days & telephone reception from the US to UK was terrible.
Fair enough Misty. Next question - how many times did top government peeps take time out while abroad in USA and Portugal attending important meetings, to speak on phone with GM?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:55:14 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2016, 01:45:21 AM »
Fair enough Misty. Next question - how many times did top government peeps take time out while abroad in USA and Portugal attending important meetings, to speak on phone with GM?

Are you referring to pre-arguido or post-arguido status period?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2016, 02:08:41 AM »
Are you referring to pre-arguido or post-arguido status period?
Here's a pre-arguido example Misty
"even breaking off from important talks in Washington to telephone"

Offline misty

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2016, 02:36:58 AM »
Here's a pre-arguido example Misty
"even breaking off from important talks in Washington to telephone"

I can understand lots of pre-arguido phone calls, bearing in mind the CM connection to DM & all things governmenty. It's the post-arguido contact which would perhaps be harder to understand.
 Is being made an arguido in Portugal classed in the same way as being arrested (I think of RM & how the consulate was told not to offer him any help) which would totally restrict any type of special treatment, just provide basic advice & minimal aid (see https://www.gov.uk/help-if-you-are-arrested-abroad/y/portugal).

Are you expecting me to go through all those phone records (please..... nooooooo) when I've already seen calls to Holland, Germany, South Africa, America & can't make sense of half the phone number data?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2016, 03:01:44 AM »
I can understand lots of pre-arguido phone calls, bearing in mind the CM connection to DM & all things governmenty. It's the post-arguido contact which would perhaps be harder to understand.
 Is being made an arguido in Portugal classed in the same way as being arrested (I think of RM & how the consulate was told not to offer him any help) which would totally restrict any type of special treatment, just provide basic advice & minimal aid (see https://www.gov.uk/help-if-you-are-arrested-abroad/y/portugal).

Are you expecting me to go through all those phone records (please..... nooooooo) when I've already seen calls to Holland, Germany, South Africa, America & can't make sense of half the phone number data?
IMO RM got less consular support because of dual nationality.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2016, 05:31:06 PM »
Which is more important? Reducing nuclear arsenals, or a tapas tourist?

Offline Carana

« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2016, 05:34:27 PM »

¿Qué?

Offline misty

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2016, 06:13:48 PM »

No chance the reporter was being over-dramatic?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2016, 06:15:45 PM »
¿Qué?
A very good speech on nuclear non-proliferation was given at the Carnegie Institute on 25 Jun 2007 Carana.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:23:55 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2016, 06:23:03 PM »
No chance the reporter was being over-dramatic?
The reporter was directly quoting the words of a source close to the parents Misty.