Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464995 times)

Offline misty

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2016, 12:58:16 AM »
Behind the right end of the sofa is a likely place to hide, because it is next to the only light left on, when the parents went out for a meal.
However, what if a burglar opened the child bedroom shutter and window, child ran away from that into lounge, and heard the chat just beneath the lounge window, and tried to signal for help?

If the settee was away from the window, the child would have been able to stand behind it, partly open the curtains but then discover that the shutters were down. (http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P9/09_VOLUME_IXa_Page_2309.jpg Foto 7 PJ forensics 4th May)
If the settee was very close to the window, as per the PJ crime scene photo taken that night, the child would have had to visibly disturb the curtains before accessing the window, only to discover the shutters down. In those circumstances, there was insufficient room for her to topple over & down the back. There were also no forensics to indicate blood or tissue loss relating to the child at that precise location.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2016, 01:43:05 AM »
Is there any evidence that the shutters of the lounge window were shut?

Offline misty

« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2016, 01:58:38 AM »
Is there any evidence that the shutters of the lounge window were shut?
There is no evidence they were open.
1. The shutters were photographed in the closed position the next day.
2. The curtains were photographed in an almost closed position by CSI a few hours after the disappearance. There does not appear to be any light visible through the window. It would also perhaps be unusual to draw the curtains but leave shutters in a raised position to be lowered later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2016, 11:02:52 PM »
(snip) The shutters were photographed in the closed position the next day (snip)
Do you have a link for that photo please Misty

Offline pegasus

« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2016, 11:06:03 PM »
It is probably crucial for Amaral's theory (child climbs up on back of sofa because she hears father chatting just below lounge window) that the shutter is open?

Offline mercury

« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2016, 11:09:12 PM »
It is probably crucial for Amaral's theory (child climbs up on back of sofa because father is chatting just outside lounge window) that the shutter is open?

From Amarals book and tv documentary I never got the impression his "theory" was written in stone, it was more like a possibility amongst others, just an example of what may have befallen the child

Offline pegasus

« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2016, 11:19:11 PM »
From Amarals book and tv documentary I never got the impression his "theory" was written in stone, it was more like a possibility amongst others, just an example of what may have befallen the child
I take it back, in Mr Amaral's documentary, when the child climbs on the back of the sofa, the lounge window shutter is closed. (Source: A Verdade Da Mentira film 48m17)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:31:31 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2016, 12:14:01 AM »
Do we know exact height above lounge floor of the inside windowsill of lounge window?

Offline misty

« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2016, 01:15:23 AM »
Do we know exact height above lounge floor of the inside windowsill of lounge window?

Around 36" I would say. Settee is low back, around 30", windowsill appears about 6" higher.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2016, 01:29:34 AM »
Around 36" I would say. Settee is low back, around 30", windowsill appears about 6" higher.
Around 36 inches for the windowsill is interesting Misty.

In that still from Mr Amaral's video the sofa is positioned a long way from the window, making it look like the sofa back is less high than the windowsill. IMO the sofa back is about the same height as the windowsill .

Offline misty

« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2016, 01:48:54 AM »
Around 36 inches for the windowsill is interesting Misty.

In that still from Mr Amaral's video the sofa is positioned a long way from the window, making it look like the sofa back is less high than the windowsill. IMO the sofa back is about the same height as the windowsill .

It's from the Eddie & Keela video on our forum.
(see Wilyboo has had a change of name on YouTube)
I tried using the floor tiles as a guide, that still gave a figure of about 34". My settee back is 34" & it's higher than the average modern settee.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2016, 05:31:25 PM »
(from other thread)
Going back to square one without assumptions, could the the problem be rewritten as "a child left the interior of the apartment sometime between about 7.15pm 3 May and an undetermined later time/date"?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:45:27 PM by pegasus »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2016, 06:07:29 PM »
(from other thread)
Going back to square one without assumptions, could the the problem be rewritten as "a child left the interior of the apartment sometime between about 7.15pm 3 May and an undetermined later time/date"?

I do not go with the thinking that Madeleine was missed by those who searched the apartment after the alarm was raised.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #253 on: April 06, 2016, 06:31:51 PM »
I do not go with the thinking that Madeleine was missed by those who searched the apartment after the alarm was raised.
It has happened in many other cases Brietta..

Offline Brietta

« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2016, 06:48:17 PM »
It has happened in many other cases Brietta..

A little boy's body lay under the rubbish visible in the above photograph, and for obvious reasons was not immediately seen when the premises were eventually entered.

The McCann holiday apartment was sparsely furnished and had been searched by family, friends and outsiders including the police.  There was no loft - there was no cellar and no other obvious hiding place.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....