Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1465110 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #360 on: April 21, 2016, 02:25:30 AM »
Madeleine's case was unprecedented ... not even Ben's came close to what we now know had been happening in Portugal ... but bet your bottom dollar the Brit diplomats did.
It's a bit odd if top people spent as long on the phone to GM as they did to world leaders.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #361 on: April 21, 2016, 03:11:15 AM »
It's a bit odd if top people spent as long on the phone to GM as they did to world leaders.

I neither know nor do I care ... it is water under the bridge.

I do not subscribe to the huge government conspiracy seen by Mr Amaral and others.  I have my own opinion why there was British government input into Madeleine McCann's case.  They had feet on the ground and knew the situation in Portugal. If I may say so on this wonderful off topic thread ... we have had a perfect example of the vagaries of Portuguese justice only this week.

It is a bit of a topsy turvy situation where one person's right to expression supersedes another's right not to be libelled.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Benice

« Reply #362 on: April 21, 2016, 10:14:58 AM »
The source for this is a comment under
http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/04/the-strange-case-of-gordon-brown-and-the-mccanns/
I believe that this is not simply hypothesising, but a statement of direct knowledge. It helps to confirm the statement by Sr Amaral that that the UK government's secret service did indeed "have a quiet chat with"  one of the UK operatives as he returned to the UK.

IMO if our Secret Service had had a quiet chat with anyone at all  - we would not know a single thing about it.  The clue being in the word 'secret'.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #363 on: April 21, 2016, 11:16:56 AM »
IMO if our Secret Service had had a quiet chat with anyone at all  - we would not know a single thing about it.  The clue being in the word 'secret'.

That doesn't make any sense. They are normal people like us not invisible. Get real.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #364 on: April 21, 2016, 11:21:50 AM »
And, of course, Special Branch were involved in chauffeuring services when the McCanns fled Portugal.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Benice

« Reply #365 on: April 21, 2016, 11:30:24 AM »
That doesn't make any sense. They are normal people like us not invisible. Get real.

The whole point of a Secret Service is that their actions are carried out in secret and are not privy to the general public.  Not much point in having one otherwise.

imo.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #366 on: April 21, 2016, 12:01:37 PM »
I neither know nor do I care ... it is water under the bridge.

I do not subscribe to the huge government conspiracy seen by Mr Amaral and others.  I have my own opinion why there was British government input into Madeleine McCann's case.  They had feet on the ground and knew the situation in Portugal. If I may say so on this wonderful off topic thread ... we have had a perfect example of the vagaries of Portuguese justice only this week.

It is a bit of a topsy turvy situation where one person's right to expression supersedes another's right not to be libelled.
One phonecall between a Foreign Secretary and GM exceeded an hour in length.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #367 on: April 21, 2016, 12:05:11 PM »
The whole point of a Secret Service is that their actions are carried out in secret and are not privy to the general public.  Not much point in having one otherwise.

imo.
How do you know that there is a secret service?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #368 on: April 21, 2016, 12:07:37 PM »
And, of course, Special Branch were involved in chauffeuring services when the McCanns fled Portugal.
Who provided chauffeuring within Portugal in the early days?

Offline jassi

« Reply #369 on: April 21, 2016, 12:13:32 PM »
Who provided chauffeuring within Portugal in the early days?

Surely not Embassy or FCO staff ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Benice

« Reply #370 on: April 21, 2016, 12:14:16 PM »
How do you know that there is a secret service?

Errm  - my reference to a 'secret service' was in response to your own post making that very claim.  You said:-

It helps to confirm the statement by Sr Amaral that that the UK government's secret service did indeed "have a quiet chat with"  one of the UK operatives as he returned to the UK.
unquote.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #371 on: April 21, 2016, 12:27:09 PM »
Errm  - my reference to a 'secret service' was in response to your own post making that very claim.  You said:-

It helps to confirm the statement by Sr Amaral that that the UK government's secret service did indeed "have a quiet chat with"  one of the UK operatives as he returned to the UK.
unquote.

Presumably he meant S.I.S [Secret Intelligence Service aka MI6] the UK not having a secret service and all. The Americans have a Secret Service, it's job is to guard the President.
Now you know that I'll have to kill you  8(>((
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

« Reply #372 on: April 21, 2016, 12:30:47 PM »
Did the UK experts write the dog result documents before or after flying back to UK from Faro?

stephen25000

« Reply #373 on: April 21, 2016, 12:30:52 PM »

Why would there have been any need for the secret service to be involved ????

Offline misty

« Reply #374 on: April 21, 2016, 12:35:45 PM »
Did the UK experts write the dog result documents before or after flying back to UK from Faro?

The written report from Grime is merely dated Aug. 2007. Omitted for a specific reason?
 Link to file page not currently accessible.