Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1465074 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #660 on: May 08, 2016, 02:39:37 PM »
You must have missed a lot of posts Angelo:

Here's one I made earlier on the subject:-

It seems to me that 'time allowed to search' is the obvious discrepancy between searches of anything McCann related - and other searches.

It's plain from the videos that the dogs do not always go in and immediately identify and make a beeline for a place or object that has been contaminated.    If that was the case then surely Eddie would have immediately alerted to Cuddlecat - and Keela would have alerted to the white curtains on her first search - and Eddie would have alerted to the keyfob on his first encounter with the Renault.

The dogs obviously need time.   

The longest time spent on any of the other cars was around 30 seconds - and no alerts were made.   After the same amount of time i.e. 30 seconds was spent on the Renault  -similarly  - no alerts were made.   It was only after being given a lot more time and encouragement regarding the Renault that Eddie finally alerted.     What would have happened if all the other cars had been given the same amount of time and attention?

IMO it's highly likely that other alerts would have occurred, because (as with the apartments) it's hard to believe that no alertable material had ever been deposited in those 9 cars - either in the factory while they were being built - or by their subsequent owners/families/friends.    The same goes for the apartments.

An excellently succinct post Benice which covers everything. 

It would have been impossible for the dogs not to have encountered traces of blood (both alert to blood) in none of the other residences they visited had they been given time.

On record in apartment 5A were two bloody incidents over a short period of time.  Logic dictates that 5A could not have been the only apartment in Luz where similar events had occurred.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #661 on: May 08, 2016, 02:45:29 PM »
Eddie goes in first to find evidence of death odour. If he doesn't find any the blood dog ain't used.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #662 on: May 08, 2016, 02:58:05 PM »
Eddie goes in first to find evidence of death odour. If he doesn't find any the blood dog ain't used.

Eddie alerted to blood, sometimes from the living ~ along with other scents of human putrefaction.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #663 on: May 08, 2016, 02:59:20 PM »
Eddie alerted to blood, sometimes from the living ~ along with other scents of human putrefaction.

No blood was found at Eddie's first alert by Keela nor on clothes etc. Keela can detect blood that has been cleaned off murder weapons etc.

Check this out:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:04:52 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #664 on: May 08, 2016, 03:17:43 PM »
No blood was found at Eddie's first alert by Keela nor on clothes etc. Keela can detect blood that has been cleaned off murder weapons etc.

Check this out:

We came to this from the point being made that the only places in Luz that Eddie alerted in was related to the McCanns and the exaggerated time given to inspecting those places in comparison to others.

The alerts in the garage were ruled out by forensics ... therefore zero alerts there.

No reliance can be placed on a dog which failed to alert to substances which must be present in every residence in Luz even or particularly new build.

People bleed ... sometimes profusely ... sometimes not a lot.

Eddie alerted to blood.  It is illogical that he only alerted in the McCann apartment to the exclusion of all others. 

That certainly needs some explanation.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #665 on: May 08, 2016, 03:27:19 PM »
We came to this from the point being made that the only places in Luz that Eddie alerted in was related to the McCanns and the exaggerated time given to inspecting those places in comparison to others.

The alerts in the garage were ruled out by forensics ... therefore zero alerts there.

No reliance can be placed on a dog which failed to alert to substances which must be present in every residence in Luz even or particularly new build.

People bleed ... sometimes profusely ... sometimes not a lot.

Eddie alerted to blood.  It is illogical that he only alerted in the McCann apartment to the exclusion of all others. 

That certainly needs some explanation.

Cadaver dogs alert to blood but they first go into crime scene's to detect cadaver odour strangely enough how they get their name  @)(++(*

Offline Admin

« Reply #666 on: May 08, 2016, 03:32:29 PM »
Posters are reminded to keep comments amiable otherwise the big delete stick will come out.

Admin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #667 on: May 08, 2016, 03:38:53 PM »
Cadaver dogs alert to blood but they first go into crime scene's to detect cadaver odour strangely enough how they get their name  @)(++(*

The point is though ... sometimes there is no cadaver to be found ... sometimes the odour is found as in the Shannon Matthews case ... but thankfully continuing the search resulted in her being found alive and well.

stephen25000

« Reply #668 on: May 08, 2016, 04:02:00 PM »
The point is though ... sometimes there is no cadaver to be found ... sometimes the odour is found as in the Shannon Matthews case ... but thankfully continuing the search resulted in her being found alive and well.

Dogs have no agenda.

They are trained for specific tasks and that is just what Eddie and Keela did.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #669 on: May 08, 2016, 04:09:34 PM »
Dogs have no agenda.

They are trained for specific tasks and that is just what Eddie and Keela did.

Precisely.
They did what they were trained to do and found or did not find what they were trained to.  But their use most certainly did not resolve what happened to Madeleine McCann.

Part of that was that it was not understood by the senior investigator just exactly what their role in the investigation was nor did he have a grasp of forensics associated with that role.

stephen25000

« Reply #670 on: May 08, 2016, 04:11:45 PM »
Precisely.
They did what they were trained to do and found or did not find what they were trained to.  But their use most certainly did not resolve what happened to Madeleine McCann.

Part of that was that it was not understood by the senior investigator just exactly what their role in the investigation was nor did he have a grasp of forensics associated with that role.

I was not aware Amaral was a forensic  scientist.

Offline jassi

« Reply #671 on: May 08, 2016, 04:12:21 PM »
Precisely.

And yet OG didn't reject the idea that Madeleine might not have left 5A alive. Where did they get that idea from?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #672 on: May 08, 2016, 04:23:11 PM »
I was not aware Amaral was a forensic  scientist.

You are possibly quite correct in that assumption however it is usual for the police to seek the advice of experts in fields in which they have no expertise or knowledge and he had the advantage of having Portugal's top forensics scientist Francisco Corte-Real to advise when necessary.
All he had to do was, ask, listen and apply.  I am sure Corte-Real who was in close contact with the FSS throughout would have kept him informed, whether he understood the information being given is less sure.

stephen25000

« Reply #673 on: May 08, 2016, 04:26:02 PM »
You are possibly quite correct in that assumption however it is usual for the police to seek the advice of experts in fields in which they have no expertise or knowledge and he had the advantage of having Portugal's top forensics scientist Francisco Corte-Real to advise when necessary.
All he had to do was, ask, listen and apply.  I am sure Corte-Real who was in close contact with the FSS throughout would have kept him informed, whether he understood the information being given is less sure.

Yet his thesis of accidental death has not been disproved.

Amaral also remains a fixation of McCann supporters, even more highlighted since the recent judgement.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #674 on: May 08, 2016, 05:00:20 PM »
Yet his thesis of accidental death has not been disproved.

Amaral also remains a fixation of McCann supporters, even more highlighted since the recent judgement.

Are you suggesting Mr Amaral is not pivotal to Madeleine's case?