Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1465054 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #900 on: May 27, 2016, 07:47:47 PM »
Martin Grime.

Martin Grime said in his other report

...in over 200 [case searches [/b]the dog has never alerted to meat based and
specifically pork foodstuffs designed for human consumption.

It is rather obvious MG was not talking about individual police cases, but the number of searches the cadaver dog had done. If people call them cases or investigations, it matters not a jot, GA did not lie, neither did he lie that MH said in his report if the dogs alerted a body may have been removed. They were police investigating a mssing chld case, did you expect them to not think the obvious or did you expect them to make a long list of, "it could have been this, it could have been that" ie discarded bloody plasters, mushrooms and gardeners wet boots! Especially when the elephant was for them in the room, or should I say just the one room amngst many. Please do not forget that Portugal had had no experience at the time with cadaver dogs so they would go where they were led by their more experienced foreign colleagues.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #901 on: May 27, 2016, 09:28:51 PM »
(snip)... If the flat had caught fire I have no doubt that they would have been in attendance within 60 seconds, assuming the apartments contained working fire alarms, which I believe is a statutory requirement of such apartments.
How would they have heard the firealarm? That lounge balcony door looks double-glazed.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:31:04 PM by pegasus »

Offline jassi

« Reply #902 on: May 27, 2016, 09:31:00 PM »
With the amount of noise that the Tapas bar would have been generating, they may not have heard any alarm - at least not at first.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #903 on: May 27, 2016, 09:36:08 PM »
a few   seven

New world record Afie claiming McCanns could be there in 60 seconds. wow, it's not like I don't believe you or anything ( I don't) but how would they 'see' this fire if it was in the childrens room or just out side blocking the enterance to the room. smoke inhilation...

Do I hear 'damage limitation' being used -well there was no fire and only one child was 'abducted' could have been much worse it could have been all three...

The sad truth is  the parents could not see the apartment or hear their children crying from where they were sitting.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline pegasus

« Reply #904 on: May 27, 2016, 09:38:52 PM »
Intent ???

Leaving the children ALONE, REPEATEDLY, whilst they drank free wine and ate.
Wine, beer, sangria, and almond liqueurs, if you read the rogs Steve

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:41:17 PM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #905 on: May 27, 2016, 09:46:56 PM »
A waiter destroying many statements

Offline pegasus

« Reply #906 on: May 27, 2016, 09:49:07 PM »
With the amount of noise that the Tapas bar would have been generating, they may not have heard any alarm - at least not at first.
If a fire started in the kitchen it would only take a few minutes to spread to the lounge and then it would be visible from the restaurant so what's all the fuss about?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #907 on: May 27, 2016, 09:51:26 PM »
If a fire started in the kitchen it would only take a few minutes to spread to the lounge and then it would be visible from the restaurant so what's all the fuss about?

Agreed, what's a bit of smoke between friends.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #908 on: May 27, 2016, 09:53:28 PM »

The apartments are mainly concrete
Where the fire risk

Offline pegasus

« Reply #909 on: May 27, 2016, 10:01:06 PM »
The apartments are mainly concrete
Where the fire risk
Last time I checked, sofas and mattresses and bedclothes and people are not made out of concrete Davel.

Offline mercury

« Reply #910 on: May 27, 2016, 10:05:07 PM »

If a fire started it would probably be anyone seeing it seeing as the tapas group werent eye fixed on the flats all night if at all

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #911 on: May 27, 2016, 10:08:21 PM »
Last time I checked, sofas and mattresses and bedclothes and people are not made out of concrete Davel.

All these are fire retardent

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #912 on: May 27, 2016, 10:11:55 PM »

When the alarm sounds the idea is to get out not go running to. Sixty seconds could prove to be just in the nick of too late.

https://www.gov.uk/workplace-fire-safety-your-responsibilities/fire-safety-and-evacuation-plans

http://www.firesafe.org.uk/fire-emergency-evacuation-plan-or-fire-procedure/

Before some smart arse says "you are quoting work place" yeah well spotted that's because it is the nearest relevant.
In private residences you have no legal restrictions on how you can you can kill yourself.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

« Reply #913 on: May 27, 2016, 10:14:21 PM »
All these are fire retardent
If you were  in a concrete building and there was a fire inside your apartment would you silence the alarm and ignore the flames and continue posting, safe in the knowledge that you are fire-retardant Davel?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #914 on: May 27, 2016, 10:16:08 PM »
If you were  in a concrete building and there was a fire inside your apartment would you silence the alarm and ignore the flames and continue posting, safe in the knowledge that you are fire-retardant Davel?

The point you want to ignore is that these apartments seem to be a very low fire risk