Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464877 times)

stephen25000

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #945 on: May 28, 2016, 06:38:18 PM »
Spontaneous combustion, silly ...

I thought that was the reaction of the mccanns to the recent judgement in Portugal.

Metaphorically of course. %£5&% %£5&%
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:40:23 PM by stephen25000 »

ferryman

« Reply #946 on: May 28, 2016, 06:42:29 PM »
I thought that was the reaction of the mccanns to the recent judgement in Portugal.

Metaphorically of course. %£5&% %£5&%

I think you might be mistaking that with righteous outrage.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #947 on: May 28, 2016, 06:43:07 PM »
In a holiday apartment in which there are very few electrical items in use, and no smokers present, no electrical storm and no jihadists with jets aimed at the apartment what would be the likely main cause of a fire in such a situation?
Hob left on. Child turning grill on. Hair dryer. Matches. Lighter. Electrical wiring fault. Faulty toaster. Faulty tumble dryer. Cigarette end on sofa. Arson. Phone charger.

stephen25000

« Reply #948 on: May 28, 2016, 06:46:40 PM »
I think you might be mistaking that with righteous outrage.

Nah.

You mean righteous outrage about leaving children unprotected, with infrequent visits, whilst out drinking ?

Hold on there, that was what the mccanns did.

Alfie

« Reply #949 on: May 28, 2016, 06:49:49 PM »
Hob left on. Grill. Hair dryer. Matches. Lighter. Electrical wiring fault. Faulty toaster. Faulty tumble dryer. Cigarette end on sofa. Arson. Phone charger.
Was there a hob / grill with a naked flame?  Was there a hair dryer left on?  Were there matches in the apartment?  A Lighter?  Do toasters spontaneously combust when not being used?  Was there a tumble dryer?  Did the McCanns smoke? 
Phone charger is a possibility and electrical wiring fault I'll grant you.  So, how many holiday makers staying in similar apartments have had their holidays curtailed by fires in their apartments caused by electrical wiring or phone chargers in the last 10 years? If it's a relatively high likelihood then there must be plenty of examples. 

Offline pegasus

« Reply #950 on: May 28, 2016, 06:51:40 PM »
Concrete building rated no-fire-risk by Davel
Probably started started by an electrical fault.
That is not the concrete building burning, it is the contents burning.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:55:43 PM by pegasus »

ferryman

« Reply #951 on: May 28, 2016, 06:52:54 PM »
Nah.

You mean righteous outrage about leaving children unprotected, with infrequent visits, whilst out drinking ?

Hold on there, that was what the mccanns did.

Righteous outrage.

That a book accusing Madeleine's parents of killing Madeleine, disposing of her body, concocting a ruse of 'abduction' and launching a (fraudulent) 'appeal' in their (dead) daughter's name is adjudged something (other than) libellous!

Only inhabitants of a species other than human would dissent from that analysis.   

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #952 on: May 28, 2016, 06:54:06 PM »
Concrete building rated no-fire-risk by Davel Fire Consultancy.

I have never used the words no fire risk
Looks like the McCanns have appealed despite your assertion they would not

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #953 on: May 28, 2016, 07:00:24 PM »
So what was the risk from a fire
How many fires have there been involving this sort of building in Europe and how many fatalities have there been

Offline pegasus

« Reply #954 on: May 28, 2016, 07:01:39 PM »
I have never used the words no fire risk
(snip)
Was it someone disguised as you who posted "the apartments were not a fire risk" Dave?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #955 on: May 28, 2016, 07:03:18 PM »
Was it someone disguised as you who posted "the apartments were not a fire risk" Dave?

And you have interpreted thAt as no fire risk

Offline pegasus

« Reply #956 on: May 28, 2016, 07:04:52 PM »
(snip)
Looks like the McCanns have appealed despite your assertion they would not
Yes I admit my prediction was totally wrong.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #957 on: May 28, 2016, 07:14:00 PM »
The point I am making is that the apartments seem to be made entirely of concrete with no wooden floors
The roof to 5a also seems to be solid concrete. There are therefore fewer combustible materials

Offline pegasus

« Reply #959 on: May 28, 2016, 07:19:31 PM »
The point I am making is that the apartments seem to be made entirely of concrete with no wooden floors
The roof to 5a also seems to be solid concrete. There are therefore fewer combustible materials
Any fireman would tell you that it is unsafe to leave toddlers home alone even in a concrete apartment.