Author Topic: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive  (Read 81205 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive
« Reply #585 on: October 25, 2018, 03:00:46 PM »
Skating gently over the thrice mistranslated and non verbatim haraz of a few months ago.
Where did you lay your hands on the "Original" police files?
Also skating gently over The Yard's contention of 40,000 + documents to read. Which is close to one man year in time!?
I'll leave others to join up the dots.
You are, wrong too... Read previous post... Looks like I understood the evidence better than the police you had so much faith in...

As regards the original files... They're on something called the internet.... You need a computer to access it.... Wrth a look
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:30:07 PM by Davel »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #586 on: October 25, 2018, 03:44:50 PM »
You have to climb steps to reach the patio doors, Madeleine's room window is at street level.

The stairway leading to the patio doors was lit and could be seen from the roadway; the front entrance was in total shadow and hidden by trees.

Therefore I think the front of the apartment block was the path of least resistance.  Particularly for burglars skilled in gaining entry into premises in seconds, as we have seen thanks to you, it takes only seconds to raise the bedroom shutter.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:01:03 PM by Angelo222 »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #587 on: October 25, 2018, 04:10:05 PM »
The stairway leading to the patio doors was lit and could be seen from the roadway; the front entrance was in total shadow and hidden by trees.

Therefore I think the front of the apartment block was the path of least resistance.  Particularly for burglars skilled in gaining entry into premises in seconds, as we have seen thanks to you, it takes only seconds to raise the bedroom shutter.
I see your thinking and either your pick or my pick would be choice 1 and 2. If I was a house breaker, and none of you can prove I am, I would be more inclined to go for the patio doors, not only for their notorious vulnerability, but because there's loads of stuff to obscure the view (the parapet wall, relatively dimly lit, foliage, not directly overlooked, scope to escape by jumping down). If I were to try the front door I would be looking to put my shoulder to it or take a pane of glass out, both of which would have me in the full glare of the car park and road and would make a racket.
I think we can both agree, however, that only a fool would first consider the shuttered window, which is sort of my point.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Sunny

« Reply #588 on: October 25, 2018, 04:32:41 PM »

I don't see that the side entryway was lit. Once on the steps up to the apartment I believe someone would be hard to spot unless you were actively looking up the steps.

Hopefully this photograph from 8th May 2007 shows what I mean.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline The General

« Reply #589 on: October 25, 2018, 04:40:04 PM »
I don't see that the side entryway was lit. Once on the steps up to the apartment I believe someone would be hard to spot unless you were actively looking up the steps.

Hopefully this photograph from 8th May 2007 shows what I mean.

....and that area is obviously being floodlit as part of scenes of crimes facilitation.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #590 on: October 25, 2018, 04:45:13 PM »
I see your thinking and either your pick or my pick would be choice 1 and 2. If I was a house breaker, and none of you can prove I am, I would be more inclined to go for the patio doors, not only for their notorious vulnerability, but because there's loads of stuff to obscure the view (the parapet wall, relatively dimly lit, foliage, not directly overlooked, scope to escape by jumping down). If I were to try the front door I would be looking to put my shoulder to it or take a pane of glass out, both of which would have me in the full glare of the car park and road and would make a racket.
I think we can both agree, however, that only a fool would first consider the shuttered window, which is sort of my point.

Which I have always thought makes it much more probable to have had a front door key to hand and preferably a dark recessed doorway shielded from public view.

However I believe it is thought that both techniques were in operation in the Algarve at the time ... access to keys and entry via windows ... I don't know which might have been preferred for block 5 since Mrs Fenn said window and holidaymakers said they locked their door in reference to those two previous burglaries in block 5.

Maybe Shining could help us out ... but I doubt very much if anyone installing new shutters today would install easily raised ones like those in 5A ... I think new ones will have a locking mechanism.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #591 on: October 25, 2018, 04:54:32 PM »
Which I have always thought makes it much more probable to have had a front door key to hand and preferably a dark recessed doorway shielded from public view.

However I believe it is thought that both techniques were in operation in the Algarve at the time ... access to keys and entry via windows ... I don't know which might have been preferred for block 5 since Mrs Fenn said window and holidaymakers said they locked their door in reference to those two previous burglaries in block 5.

Maybe Shining could help us out ... but I doubt very much if anyone installing new shutters today would install easily raised ones like those in 5A ... I think new ones will have a locking mechanism.

Most aluminium persianas (to give them their correct name) since being invented have had a very simple sliding bar locking mechanism attached to the bottom rail which prevents them from being lifted from the outside.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:38:53 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #592 on: October 25, 2018, 05:47:39 PM »
I wonder why the apartment now has an iron grille on the downstairs window when the shutters and window are impossible to break into.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #593 on: October 25, 2018, 06:06:23 PM »
I wonder why the apartment now has an iron grille on the downstairs window when the shutters and window are impossible to break into.

Probably to stop people interfering with the aluminium shutter and as an absolute defence against anyone climbing in through it just to make a point.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 06:08:45 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #594 on: October 25, 2018, 06:07:02 PM »
Probably to stop people interfering with the aluminium shutter.
Isn’t that impossible?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #595 on: October 25, 2018, 06:18:48 PM »
....and that area is obviously being floodlit as part of scenes of crimes facilitation.

Or media interest but yes I agree The General.   It was dark by the steps to the balcony doors as can be seen in this image.  If it was that light in the street as some seem to imply,  of course, you would wonder why Gerry McCann and Jez Wilkins failed to spot Jane Tanner strolling past.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #596 on: October 25, 2018, 06:47:56 PM »

Maybe it was because 5A seemed besieged by people who wanted to mess with them;

On 20 September, two men and a women, claiming to be from "Sky News", attempted to force open the external blinds of the front bedroom of apartment 5A and were asked to leave the area; on 25 September a three Spanish persons - again two men and a woman - were found with cameras on the patio balcony of apartment 5B. Having no identification, but being in possession of film equipment, they were believed to be journalists......

Back at 5A of the Ocean Club, on 26 September someone forced up the external blinds of the front bedroom to an oblique angle.....neither had seen any strangers other than two Canadian television journalists, a man and a woman, who had been seen at a nearby bar.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DCCB_LETTER.htm

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #597 on: October 25, 2018, 06:57:41 PM »
Maybe it was because 5A seemed besieged by people who wanted to mess with them;

On 20 September, two men and a women, claiming to be from "Sky News", attempted to force open the external blinds of the front bedroom of apartment 5A and were asked to leave the area; on 25 September a three Spanish persons - again two men and a woman - were found with cameras on the patio balcony of apartment 5B. Having no identification, but being in possession of film equipment, they were believed to be journalists......

Back at 5A of the Ocean Club, on 26 September someone forced up the external blinds of the front bedroom to an oblique angle.....neither had seen any strangers other than two Canadian television journalists, a man and a woman, who had been seen at a nearby bar.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DCCB_LETTER.htm
Oh.  They achieved the impossible then!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #598 on: October 25, 2018, 08:15:58 PM »
You are, wrong too... Read previous post... Looks like I understood the evidence better than the police you had so much faith in...

As regards the original files... They're on something called the internet.... You need a computer to access it.... Wrth a look

I would suspect the original files are in a court in Portugal. Do you know what original document means? In this context rather than in shipping where it means something totally different.
So I repeat. How and when did you access the original documents?
Did you sit there for a year reading or make multiple visits since July 2008 ?

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #599 on: October 25, 2018, 09:33:54 PM »
I would suspect the original files are in a court in Portugal. Do you know what original document means? In this context rather than in shipping where it means something totally different.
So I repeat. How and when did you access the original documents?
Did you sit there for a year reading or make multiple visits since July 2008 ?

The files were transferred to DVD for distribution by order of the Portimão court ... making your recommendation a bit archaic as well as unnecessary.
http://visao.sapo.pt/actualidade/sociedade/copias-do-processo-maddie-entregues-aos-jornalistas=f521555