Author Topic: Documentaries & Articles for Discussion  (Read 205168 times)

stephen25000

Re: Documentaries & Articles for Discussion
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2015, 06:40:06 PM »
Lety's not forget where Correia, the mnan hired by the mccanns, thought Madeleine was.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2015, 12:44:06 PM »
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 12:48:32 PM by pegasus »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2015, 01:04:16 PM »
What's up, old man?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
I wonder how the GNR officer got in.
That's easy. Through a different window.

Offline Carana

« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2015, 01:39:43 PM »
http://youtu.be/DwjI1RVGZSU?t=3m43s  dog enters 5J

Thanks Pegasus.

Just watching that @ 3.51, the blind was being raised from the inside - therefore someone must have found a key (unless there was a warrant to force the lock).

Offline pegasus

« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2015, 01:46:41 PM »
Thanks Pegasus.

Just watching that @ 3.51, the blind was being raised from the inside - therefore someone must have found a key (unless there was a warrant to force the lock).
They did not have a key and did not force the door open. The door is deadlocked shut unopenable from out or in. That's why they put dog in through that window (which they opened from inside).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 01:50:19 PM by pegasus »

Offline Carana

« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2015, 02:32:46 PM »
They did not have a key and did not force the door open. The door is deadlocked shut unopenable from out or in. That's why they put dog in through that window (which they opened from inside).

Sorry, Pegasus, I really don't follow.

If a blind is seen to be being raised with no visible means of someone doing so from the outside,  wouldn't that indicate that someone was raising it from the inside?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »
Sorry, Pegasus, I really don't follow.

If a blind is seen to be being raised with no visible means of someone doing so from the outside,  wouldn't that indicate that someone was raising it from the inside?
Yes. The police got in through a different opening Carana, video coming ....
13:00-13:05 http://youtu.be/fTXM5DCV4jU?t=13m

"More than a dozen officers climbed over balconies and through windows ... they appeared to be targeting flats left unoccupied and locked up" (SunNewspaper 11 May 2007)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:02:27 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2015, 10:07:21 PM »
Johan Selle, the director of operations at iJet, the US firm that managed the Find Madeleine phone line, revealed that for a year nobody even asked his company if they could listen to any of the calls received.
Mr Selle said his operators, in Annapolis, Virginia, had answered 'hundreds of calls', but the information seemed wasted - possibly squandering valuable leads.
He said: 'We delivered Oakley a report with a summary of the calls and said if they wanted to come back they could listen to the recording, but nobody did.
'For someone with an understanding of the case it would be very easy for some to say that maybe 80 or 90 per cent of the calls were hogwash, but there may be a percentage where one would say maybe we should listen to this one or listen to that one. But our understanding is that this never took place.
'We are not sure whether Halligen provided our report to the family or to the trust or to those working with them or to the teams working after him, because no one came back to us.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1231757/Madeleine-McCann-investigator-didnt-listen-ANY-tip-offs-given-hotline--squandered-500-000.html

Did people at the Madeleine Fund never wonder for a whole year whether anyone was calling the hotline their donators were paying for?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2015, 10:26:55 PM »
25 October 2007 ... Later, the McCanns said the phone line, which is manned by private detectives and targeted at Spain, Portugal and north Africa, had drawn "a very good response".
However, they would not comment on the number of calls made to the +34 902 300213 number or whether any new leads had developed.
Mr Mitchell said: "I can confirm we have already had a very good response to our confidential, anonymous phone line in Spain".
http://news.sky.com/story/548793/kate-mccanns-tv-tears-hint-at-madeleine-grief

This is presumably the hotline handled by a call centre in the US see the Mail article I posted above?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:30:07 PM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2015, 11:39:13 PM »
Perhaps instead of handing over half a a million pounds (allegedly) to PIs who they didn't know from Adam, (I wondered who recommended them?), they could have had a phone line manned by "real people" preferably a group they "trusted" and then have any info passed onto the "PIs".

After the alledged debacle, there was nothing stopping them doing some appeal to ask those who had called in to call again on a newly set up number. It's not as if the money for it wasn't there. And it wouldn't be the first time the Mccanns asked people in a public appeal to get in touch with them even IF they had "already" called the police.

Leaving no stone unturned doesn't seem to have materialised in reality past the soundbite.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2015, 02:08:50 AM »
Yes. The police got in through a different opening Carana, video coming ....
13:00-13:05 http://youtu.be/fTXM5DCV4jU?t=13m

"More than a dozen officers climbed over balconies and through windows ... they appeared to be targeting flats left unoccupied and locked up" (SunNewspaper 11 May 2007)
I watched the video - actually quite interesting.

I'm still unclear as to what the 'different opening' is - and knowing the answer to that would be very interesting.
What's up, old man?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2015, 02:35:15 AM »
I watched the video - actually quite interesting.

I'm still unclear as to what the 'different opening' is - and knowing the answer to that would be very interesting.
They bravely climbed from the balcony of another apartment, and got in through a window that wasn't locked. Then inside but still unable to open the front door, they unlocked and opened the only dog-accessible window. It's the only possible solution.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2015, 03:31:43 PM »
They bravely climbed from the balcony of another apartment, and got in through a window that wasn't locked. Then inside but still unable to open the front door, they unlocked and opened the only dog-accessible window. It's the only possible solution.
Since you have obviously spent more time on this than I have, I would appreciate your view as to whether the following layout is correct or not.

I though 5J was somewhere near the middle but this is putting it as the extreme W end.

That would narrow the method of entry to going into 5I and nipping across the roof to an open window.

If they chose that route it suggests it was easier than trying to get in via a locked front door or a front window that was not open.

Which in turn suggests that getting through a locked front door or a locked front window on 5A was not the easiest route. Unless one had a key.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2015, 03:51:01 PM »
Since you have obviously spent more time on this than I have, I would appreciate your view as to whether the following layout is correct or not.

I though 5J was somewhere near the middle but this is putting it as the extreme W end.

That would narrow the method of entry to going into 5I and nipping across the roof to an open window.

If they chose that route it suggests it was easier than trying to get in via a locked front door or a front window that was not open.

Which in turn suggests that getting through a locked front door or a locked front window on 5A was not the easiest route. Unless one had a key.

I think 5J is at the far end of the block: according to the cleaner it seems to be one of the few properties not operated by the holiday company.  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/5A_CLEANER.htm

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....