Author Topic: Mark Alexander  (Read 41669 times)

Offline lane99

Re: Mark Alexander
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »
Obviously the evidence demonstrates to any reasonable person that he is guilty.  And it's a pity that bogus claims of innocence like his muddy the waters for those people who have been genuinely wrongfully convicted.

Offline John

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 05:10:21 PM »
Another few questions for you Daisy.

A simple means of checking if someone is still alive is by looking at their banking, telephony and online activities.

It was accepted by both the defence and the prosecution that Sami Alexander was an oddball, a bit of a recluse who used multiple aliases when using internet sites.  My question is simple, when his internet accounts were checked did the activity cease on or around the 5th September 2009, this being the day Mark left home?

Did Sami withdraw any money from his bank accounts or buy anything online after the 5th Sepotember 2009?

We know that Mark Alexander made sizeable withdrawals from his fathers account to fund his own lifestyle. Did Sami use his bank cards locally or in London?

Did Sami make any telephone calls from a mobile or a landline.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/thames_chiltern/cps_thames_and_chiltern_news/son_found_guilty_of_murdering_his_father_gets_life_sentence_/

http://www.mojuk.org.uk/MOJUK%202015/Mark%20Alexander.html
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 05:21:20 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 05:33:07 PM »
I notice that in June 2011 Mark Alexander went to the Appeal Court claiming that his ‘cantankerous dad' had provoked him and this should have been put to the jurors.

'However, three senior judges, sitting at London’s Court of Appeal dismissed the claim as ‘speculation’ and upheld the conviction. Mr Justice Walker told the court Samuel Alexander used ‘brutal and callous treatment’ in bringing up his son after the boy’s mother left. He said the father was proud that Mark was reading English and French law, and told neighbours his son planned to study at Paris’ prestigious Sorbonne University in his third year. But the court heard Alexander wanted to change his course and live with his girlfriend in London.'

This suggests that Mark Alexander has now accepted his fate and is introducing excuses for his behaviour.  This is not the actions of an innocent man but a guilty man now pleading mitigating circumstances.

Read more at: http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/crime/killer-provocation-claim-thrown-out-1-2809130
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 05:35:21 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2016, 05:46:54 PM »
Obviously the evidence demonstrates to any reasonable person that he is guilty.  And it's a pity that bogus claims of innocence like his muddy the waters for those people who have been genuinely wrongfully convicted.

I agree, the evidence albeit circumstantial does point to his culpability. I found it interesting that he talks of an alibi when in reality he could have slipped back to the fathers house any time he wished and would most probably never have been seen by the neighbours.  When he was seen and challenged by concerned neighbours he told them his father had gone to stay with friends in London.  When checked out by police this was found to be a total fabrication.  The lies had found him out!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:34:00 AM by John »

Offline Daisy

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 01:51:39 PM »
Here is a link to Mark Alexander's twitter and Facebook accounts which are run by his friends on the outside

https://twitter.com/MA_Campaign?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

It is worth noting that he is supported by Terry Waite and other influential people.  I do not think they would be supporting someone who is guilty.

Please stop quoting articles from the papers and accepting them as fact.  Come on you lot you are more intelligent than that.  This is why I joined this forum and not the Blue.

One matter I must reiterate is that Mark did not use his father's money to fund his lifestyle.  Please don't keep quoting this.  His father had very little money.  The police recovered two of Mark's chequebooks and he has sent me evidence of these.  He had accounts at Lloyds, Natwest and HSBC.  Mark was a wealthy young man having his own IT company and making a lot of money.  I have seen records of cheque book stubs which the police found and a total of £26,000 was paid by Mark into his father's account.  Many of the claims in the press relating to the case had in fact been retracted at trial - but it made a good story anyway.

I will be answering all your questions when I have trawled through his letters but any I cannot answer I will ask him directly and be reporting back.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 08:32:49 PM »

What a nasty judgmental person you are.  I hope you are never called for jury service.  You would have the defendant banged up just because you don't like the way he looks.  You haven't seen any of the case files so you are not qualified to make such a sweeping statement.

Offline Myster

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 09:12:15 PM »
You asked for people to comment, Daisy, so you can't blame them if they don't agree with your point of view, especially when you haven't seen any case files yourself but have been corresponding with Mark Alexander for a year.

Why would Sarah Prentice, a neighbour, say that there was a smell of decomposition coming from the property if it wasn't true? Mark Alexander couldn't have missed that when he was at home. Or similarly, Wendy Preston who was taken aback on being told that his father was living in London, when in her words "he clearly was not"?

Surely the alarm bells rang for you on learning that he sent out Christmas cards from Samuel, while keeping up the pretence that his dad was living in London.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 09:53:07 PM »
You asked for people to comment, Daisy, so you can't blame them if they don't agree with your point of view, especially when you haven't seen any case files yourself but have been corresponding with Mark Alexander for a year.

Why would Sarah Prentice, a neighbour, say that there was a smell of decomposition coming from the property if it wasn't true? Mark Alexander couldn't have missed that when he was at home. Or similarly, Wendy Preston who was taken aback on being told that his father was living in London, when in her words "he clearly was not"?

Surely the alarm bells rang for you on learning that he sent out Christmas cards from Samuel, while keeping up the pretence that his dad was living in London.

Really? For your information Mark sent me the case files a month ago, so I know what I am talking about. In time you will know as much as me. Last year one of my neighbours was found dead in his house. When he stopped answering the phone to relations they called the police who broke in. He had been dead for six weeks! There was no smell coming from the property at all. We were all totally shocked when we found out even though he was a recluse. Don't forget the neighbours in Mark's case gave statements under the persuasion of two police officers who lived in the village. Identify a suspect and make him fit the crime.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 03:40:03 AM »
I have read the account on the MoJ site and find it persuasive.  It annoys me considerably when I hear about important factors not being revealed at trials, and when police "overlook" what could be important evidence and we only hear one side of the story.  Trials which rely on "circumstantial" evidence only are asking to be found dodgy.

As for newspaper reports, they are sometimes inaccurate, and often very one sided and sensationalised.

It seems that there is a lot we don't know about Samuel, and the life he led-----and, apparently, even Mark did not know a lot of this,   Samuel had enemies:  have these people been found and questioned????  There is a lot we don't know about where he went, whom he knew, and who might have had motive to murder him.

On the other hand, it is clear that Mark was badly treated by his father and this could well have provided him with a motive to murder.  If it is true that he sent Christmas cards to people and signed them as being from Samuel, we need to know why he did this.  If he told neighbours that Samuel was living in London , we need to know why he said this. Was he covering up a murder, or did he really believe this?

So, there is a lot more I need to read about this case, and I look forward to Daisy putting more questions to Mark.

Offline John

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 12:42:05 AM »
Here is a link to Mark Alexander's twitter and Facebook accounts which are run by his friends on the outside

https://twitter.com/MA_Campaign?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

It is worth noting that he is supported by Terry Waite and other influential people.  I do not think they would be supporting someone who is guilty.

Please stop quoting articles from the papers and accepting them as fact.  Come on you lot you are more intelligent than that.  This is why I joined this forum and not the Blue.

One matter I must reiterate is that Mark did not use his father's money to fund his lifestyle.  Please don't keep quoting this.  His father had very little money.  The police recovered two of Mark's chequebooks and he has sent me evidence of these.  He had accounts at Lloyds, Natwest and HSBC.  Mark was a wealthy young man having his own IT company and making a lot of money.  I have seen records of cheque book stubs which the police found and a total of £26,000 was paid by Mark into his father's account.  Many of the claims in the press relating to the case had in fact been retracted at trial - but it made a good story anyway.

I will be answering all your questions when I have trawled through his letters but any I cannot answer I will ask him directly and be reporting back.

Thank you Daisy, it is well established that the media embellish stories to suit their own ends. The following comment appeared in a Telegraph article.  Are you saying that this is untrue?

"Buckinghamshire Council's social services department continued to pay £945 into Mr Alexander's bank account every month to cover the cost of carers they thought he employed.

It was later discovered payments, of £100 or £240 at a time, continued to be withdrawn from the Nationwide account on a regular basis after Mr Alexander was murdered."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7990744/Student-guilty-of-killing-controlling-father-and-burying-him-in-concrete.html
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:46:39 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 12:58:15 AM »
Lets look at the facts.

Mark Alexander told everyone who enquired that his father Samuel had gone to stay with friends in London. If this is true who are these friends?  If what he claimed was totally false why did he lie?

Mark Alexander sent out Christmas cards to his neigbours in his father's name.  Why did he do that?

Mark Alexander took delivery of concrete and had it laid over the exact spot where his father had been buried. Is that a coincidence too far?

If Samuel Alexander had gone off on his own accord why did Mark Alexander not contact the police to report the matter?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:28:53 PM by John »

Offline Daisy

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 01:53:37 PM »
What has happened to Forestlands and his questions?

I will be online later to post answers to as many of your questions as I can.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2016, 05:03:57 PM »
I have read the account on the MoJ site and find it persuasive.  It annoys me considerably when I hear about important factors not being revealed at trials, and when police "overlook" what could be important evidence and we only hear one side of the story.  Trials which rely on "circumstantial" evidence only are asking to be found dodgy.

As for newspaper reports, they are sometimes inaccurate, and often very one sided and sensationalised.

It seems that there is a lot we don't know about Samuel, and the life he led-----and, apparently, even Mark did not know a lot of this,   Samuel had enemies:  have these people been found and questioned????  There is a lot we don't know about where he went, whom he knew, and who might have had motive to murder him.

On the other hand, it is clear that Mark was badly treated by his father and this could well have provided him with a motive to murder.  If it is true that he sent Christmas cards to people and signed them as being from Samuel, we need to know why he did this.  If he told neighbours that Samuel was living in London , we need to know why he said this. Was he covering up a murder, or did he really believe this?

So, there is a lot more I need to read about this case, and I look forward to Daisy putting more questions to Mark.

Thank you Daisy for bringing this to our attention for discussion. I wholeheartedly agree with the above post.

I am, at this point, undecided about my opinion of guilt or innocence based on the information you have provided.

I am never convinced that circumstantial evidence is enough to convict for murder, I always assumed it had to be proved beyond reasonable doubt- that concerns me here.

The other point is about the mobility of Samuel, if he was in receipt of high level care allowance, how did he manage to 'disappear' off the radar so regularly? Who , if anyone assisted him getting to and from this 'other place' and what is the reasons behind him using aliases, was he up to no good ,involved in a criminal activity?
I believe the police did a shoddy job, and the prosecutors naming a death date without providing any factual evidence is really unacceptable.

Let's assume Mark is guilty, The very least I would expect is for some kind of hard evidence to show motive, means, and opportunity. Guessing dates and trying to fit a person to the crime is indeed an injustice.
Having said that, I a interested in reading answers to the questions posed by John and others on here.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 07:32:36 PM »
This is a really interesting case Daisy with lots of members showing an interest so if you can provide answers direct from Mark as promised I will give the case its own board on the home page which will allow new topics to be created.

Could you develop the introduction a little giving a brief account of what occurred.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:58:28 PM by John »

Offline Daisy

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2016, 08:10:24 PM »
This is a really interesting case Daisy with lots of members showing an interest so if you can provide answers direct from Mark as promised I will give the case its own board on the home page which will allow new topics to be created.

Could you develop the introduction a little giving a brief account of what occurred.

I am now online and preparing my answers after reading all Mark's letters.  Thank you so much John for giving this matter so much space.  I am sure with lots of questions and different ideas we will be able to uncover the truth.  I am sure you would be better at doing the introduction drawing information from the MOJUK website as you have far more experience than me.