Author Topic: New search of reservoir near Silves  (Read 7424 times)

Offline Brietta

New search of reservoir near Silves
« on: May 22, 2023, 12:38:36 PM »
Police looking for Madeleine McCann’s body are about to begin a major search of a remote Algarve reservoir suspect Christian Brueckner used to visit.

Officers are expected to start closing off roads leading to the man-made dam near the town of Silves ahead of the official start of the search tomorrow.

Scotland Yard detectives are understood to have travelled to the area but only with a ‘watching brief.’

German police will be leading the search as investigators believe Brueckner, 45, killed Madeleine after abducting her from a holiday apartment.

https://observador.pt/2023/05/22/caso-maddie-mccann-pj-faz-novas-buscas-na-barragem-do-arade-a-50-quilometros-da-praia-da-luz/

https://metro.co.uk/2023/05/22/police-investigating-madeleine-mccann-case-to-begin-search-of-reservoir-18823376/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 11:27:18 AM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: New search of reservoir near Silves
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 12:44:21 PM »
Police looking for Madeleine McCann’s body are about to begin a major search of a remote Algarve reservoir suspect Christian Brueckner used to visit.

Officers are expected to start closing off roads leading to the man-made dam near the town of Silves ahead of the official start of the search tomorrow.

Scotland Yard detectives are understood to have travelled to the area but only with a ‘watching brief.’

German police will be leading the search as investigators believe Brueckner, 45, killed Madeleine after abducting her from a holiday apartment.

https://observador.pt/2023/05/22/caso-maddie-mccann-pj-faz-novas-buscas-na-barragem-do-arade-a-50-quilometros-da-praia-da-luz/

https://metro.co.uk/2023/05/22/police-investigating-madeleine-mccann-case-to-begin-search-of-reservoir-18823376/
This reservoir was named years ago as a likely body disposal site - was it not searched then by the PJ? 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 11:27:38 AM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 12:53:25 PM »

Already seems to have been mocked on talk tv by Kevin O'Sullivan.

Even mentioned the German evidence as I will believe it when I see it.

Seems to me anyway ....the case is left wide open to who is responsable.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 11:27:56 AM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 12:56:23 PM »

Who is Kevin Sullivan

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 01:04:51 PM »
Who is Kevin Sullivan

Kevin O'Sullivan ....a factual presenter on talk tv.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 01:05:21 PM »
Who is Kevin Sullivan

Some know it all journalist and TV presenter I expect
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 01:07:25 PM »
Kevin O'Sullivan ....a factual presenter on talk tv.
Perhaps you could supply a link to him....he isn't in possession of all the facts in this case...so can't be factual..

Offline kizzy

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 01:11:14 PM »
Perhaps you could supply a link to him....he isn't in possession of all the facts in this case...so can't be factual..

A TV station where they say it as it is. on any subject without fake news.

you can see what he said on Catch up the last 10 minutes.

It just struck me as odd ..daring shall I say to have a negative opinion on the search and jerman suspect.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2023, 01:13:33 PM »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2023, 01:14:12 PM »
A TV station where they say it as it is. on any subject without fake news.

you can see what he said on Catch up the last 10 minutes.

It just struck me as odd ..daring shall I say to have a negative opinion on the search and jerman suspect.

You need to understand he's giving his opinion...not facts.
The news shows the German investigation is not stalled

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2023, 01:15:27 PM »
You need to understand he's giving his opinion...not facts.
The news shows the German investigation is not stalled

Yes, they're just taking almighty stabs in the dark now.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2023, 01:18:37 PM »

I mean, they've tried searching Brueckner's homes, abandoned factories, vehicles & places of work. Nothing of note found there. One last roll of the dice by having a quick sweep of a reservoir he visited a couple of times.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2023, 01:23:00 PM »

That's mature of him. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Myster

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2023, 01:24:01 PM »
This reservoir was named years ago as a likely body disposal site - was it not searched then by the PJ?
Not by Peter Faulding and his towfish though.  Where is he when you need him!
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2023, 01:27:42 PM »
That's mature of him.

I know, finally, someone man enough to actually insinuate it seems it's all a farce....on a public forum with massive viewing figures.

Im sure you will have seen Talk TV