Author Topic: Shrien Dewani loses High Court bid to stop extradition.  (Read 10642 times)

Offline John

Shrien Dewani loses High Court bid to stop extradition.
« on: January 31, 2014, 10:31:50 AM »
It has just been confirmed that Shrien Dewani has lost his final High Court attempt to block his extradition to South Africa to face trial for the murder of his wife Anni.

Lawyers acting for Dewani had argued that his mental health was such that he is unfit to stand trial.  I am quite sure that Anni's family will welcome the news which will hopefully see Dewani extradited to South Africa in the near future.

Anni Dewani was a Swedish-born ethnic Indian Lohana Hindu woman who, while on her honeymoon in South Africa, was kidnapped and then murdered whilst taking a taxi on a slum tourism trip through Gugulethu township near Cape Town on 13 November 2010.

Taxi driver Zola Robert Tongo later admitted guilt on the charges of murder in a plea bargain, and was sentenced on 7 December 2010, to 18 years in jail. Two further defendants, Xolile Mnguni, 23, and Mziwamadoda Qwabe, 25, face charges of murder, aggravated robbery and kidnapping.

In his admission of guilt statement, Tongo alleged that Dewani's husband, British national Shrien Dewani of Bristol, had offered him a sum of 15000 rand to murder his wife.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 10:37:28 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Redblossom

Re: Shrien Dewani loses High Court bid to stop extradition.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 10:11:08 PM »
Gosh two bad news legally in one day, knox  and dewani

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 12:07:19 AM »
Gosh two bad news legally in one day, knox  and dewani

Why is this bad, red?

Offline puglove

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 12:24:01 AM »
Why is this bad, red?

It's looking seriously dodgy for Foxy Knoxy (silly girl to have lied at the start) but hopefully the Shrien Dewani farce will be sorted. At bloody last.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Outlook

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 12:42:23 AM »
I am afraid the statement "I have passed a polygraph test which proves I am innocent." makes me feel that the felon should be immediately beaten to death with a shovel.

Likewise statements such as:  "I am an innocent man."  "27 psychologists have declared me sane." "My ex-girlfriend is a scorned woman."  "That is for you to prove."  "If the glove don't fit you must acquit."  "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."  "I must be innocent as I was out of my head on coke at the time."  "I could not do this crime because I was 40 miles doing another crime."  I find totally unconvincing along with the endless series of press interviews featuring weeping, bald-headed, heavily tattooed, serial step-step-step-dads calling for the return of the little girl who they lurv so much and cannot imagine who could have taken her.

I have no sympathy for Dewani and people like him.  They commit a hideous crime and then start whining about their human rights.  Anyone, even if innocent, would want resolution of the crime and the truth to come out and would do everything they could to help the police.  But in most cases their first thought is to leave the scene, fly home, plead human rights and hire Max Clifford.

Knox and Co are exactly the same.  Run off to Daddy, hire lawyers, write a book and start the publicity machine.  Everyone is focused on the DNA evidence and avoiding the heaps of bizarre circumstantial evidence against them, such as why the sudden passion for cleaning and buying bleach after the crime?

Offline Myster

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 05:50:19 PM »
You two have got 性交 on the brain !!!... LOL.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Redblossom

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 07:39:46 PM »
Why is this bad, red?

I meant two judgements in one day thats bad news for the people concerned, ie Knox and Dewani...others will welcome the decisions

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 07:44:10 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 10:05:06 PM »
I am afraid the statement "I have passed a polygraph test which proves I am innocent." makes me feel that the felon should be immediately beaten to death with a shovel.

Likewise statements such as:  "I am an innocent man."  "27 psychologists have declared me sane." "My ex-girlfriend is a scorned woman."  "That is for you to prove."  "If the glove don't fit you must acquit."  "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."  "I must be innocent as I was out of my head on coke at the time."  "I could not do this crime because I was 40 miles doing another crime."  I find totally unconvincing along with the endless series of press interviews featuring weeping, bald-headed, heavily tattooed, serial step-step-step-dads calling for the return of the little girl who they lurv so much and cannot imagine who could have taken her.

I have no sympathy for Dewani and people like him.  They commit a hideous crime and then start whining about their human rights.  Anyone, even if innocent, would want resolution of the crime and the truth to come out and would do everything they could to help the police.  But in most cases their first thought is to leave the scene, fly home, plead human rights and hire Max Clifford.

Knox and Co are exactly the same.  Run off to Daddy, hire lawyers, write a book and start the publicity machine.  Everyone is focused on the DNA evidence and avoiding the heaps of bizarre circumstantial evidence against them, such as why the sudden passion for cleaning and buying bleach after the crime?

This is Dewani in a nutshell.

Very nice post, Outlook.

Offline Outlook

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 11:23:11 PM »
I am not totally without sympathy and welcome the opportunity for people to have a fair trial and demonstrate their innocence.  However, I have no sympathy with people who play the publicity and human right cards and impede the course of justice.

Victims and their families have the right to justice in the same way that the accused do.

However, I cannot help but feel there is something exceptionally unusual about the Dewani case and it desperately needs to be explored in a fair court.  I think Anni Dewani's family have behaved in an exemplary and patient manner throughout this protracted case.

Offline Outlook

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 11:27:07 PM »
You two have got 性交 on the brain !!!... LOL.
Damn, there is always someone who can read Chinese.

Redblossom

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 12:14:07 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:05:41 PM by Redblossom »

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 10:54:07 AM »
I am not totally without sympathy and welcome the opportunity for people to have a fair trial and demonstrate their innocence.  However, I have no sympathy with people who play the publicity and human right cards and impede the course of justice.

Victims and their families have the right to justice in the same way that the accused do.

However, I cannot help but feel there is something exceptionally unusual about the Dewani case and it desperately needs to be explored in a fair court.  I think Anni Dewani's family have behaved in an exemplary and patient manner throughout this protracted case.

Yes a very good post.

The thing is this, i lived in Africa and if you were robbed there would be no WITNESSES left no way, no how. We were always warned IF you get car jacked, give them your valuables dont argue with them and keep your head down. You would have a chance of survival JUST.

I cant believe this guy is dragging his heels, it would be better to get it over with if your INNOCENT you want to stand up for yourself, not skulk away in a physch ward....

I think Anni Dewanis family know the truth....what a waste though of a beautiful women. What was it all for.

Offline Outlook

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 05:00:11 PM »
This is Dewani in a nutshell.

Very nice post, Outlook.
Thank you!

I am _ _ _ _ LOCKED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utwenXbh9hA

Otherwise known as "The Woman."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:29:50 PM by Outlook »

Offline Carana

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 12:37:49 PM »

I'd agree with most of this in a normal world. However, when the sensationalist press lynchmob latches onto a story, often in cahoots with the police or other public officials who are supposed to be discreet, the result is a trial by media before the case even gets to court.

In some cases, there are the initial victims, and the secondary victims are the alleged perpetrators if, indeed, they are innocent.

How do you neuter that without help? How can fair trials be assured in the Internet era with a largely irresponsible press?

Offline Outlook

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 10:39:38 PM »
I'd agree with most of this in a normal world. However, when the sensationalist press lynchmob latches onto a story, often in cahoots with the police or other public officials who are supposed to be discreet, the result is a trial by media before the case even gets to court.

In some cases, there are the initial victims, and the secondary victims are the alleged perpetrators if, indeed, they are innocent.

How do you neuter that without help? How can fair trials be assured in the Internet era with a largely irresponsible press?
Quite so.  But it works both ways.  As saying goes:  “Justice delayed is justice denied.”  If the accused flees and engages a publicist you end up with Julian Assange or Snowdon, Dewani and Knox.  All making their case of innocence with their lawyers and publicists, weeping on Oprah, undermining the evidence before it is even presented in court.  It all depends on whether you believe everyone in jail or “on the run” is totally innocent and fitted up by corrupt police or State.

A very good example is the early days of the Bamber trial when police thought they were looking at 4 times murder-suicide with wonderful male fantasy of a naked, boob-enhanced, model firing a machinegun from the hip.  Every journalist's fantasy piece.   All the early tabloid stories focused on “Psycho model kills family and self.”  It was only much later that Bamber’s bizarre behaviour was picked up.

In the “age of the internet” it is common to deny the Holocaust, to accuse the CIA or MI6 of 9/11 and London Bombings all on the strength of a few clumsy “photoshop” images.  These days every social inadequate with a keyboard can publicize their most weird fantasies.

A large part of this site is based entirely on peoples own bias and bigotry.  The pain of someone’s loss is happily turned into amusement by the masses.  It is not really the media that drives these things.  It is the public hungry for entertainment.  The press very soon found out that a picture of Diana or Madeleine sells an extra 30,000 copies.  Hence the endless succession of "new" evidence and "imminent" arrests to keep sales going.