Author Topic: Why was Nevill Bamber in the kitchen?  (Read 18623 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Why was Nevill Bamber in the kitchen?
« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2020, 12:50:44 PM »
It seems the more you have the more you want. Interestingly Basil Cock suggested that the presumption when the order of death can't be determined is that the younger survives the elder. That seems to have been applied to Nevill and June, but what about Sheila and the twins? Sheila inherited from June, and I would have thought that would have gone to the twins had they survived. It seems Colin Caffell refrained, as their next of kin, from getting involved.

Once JB was convicted he forfeited his right to inherit.  Effectively June and NB died intestate as those named in their wills as main benefactors were either deceased or had to forfeit.  Therefore the laws of intestacy kick in based on next of kin.  But given the age, wealth and tax position of some its clear they exercised their right to forego and pass to others via a deed of variation.  Eg June's next of kin was her mother but what would be the point in an elderly woman bed ridden already wealthy in her own right and possibly liable to inheritance tax taking on more?  It would then fall to PB but I understand she said she didn't want to gain financially from the murders so it seems a deed of variation was effected to override the normal course of events eg June's mother to June's niece and nephew.

With regard to NB his next of kin was his niece and nephew: Jackie Wood and Anthony Pargeter.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2020, 10:21:30 PM »
Once JB was convicted he forfeited his right to inherit.  Effectively June and NB died intestate as those named in their wills as main benefactors were either deceased or had to forfeit.  Therefore the laws of intestacy kick in based on next of kin.  But given the age, wealth and tax position of some its clear they exercised their right to forego and pass to others via a deed of variation.  Eg June's next of kin was her mother but what would be the point in an elderly woman bed ridden already wealthy in her own right and possibly liable to inheritance tax taking on more?  It would then fall to PB but I understand she said she didn't want to gain financially from the murders so it seems a deed of variation was effected to override the normal course of events eg June's mother to June's niece and nephew.

With regard to NB his next of kin was his niece and nephew: Jackie Wood and Anthony Pargeter.

It’s quite simple, actually

After Jeremy Bamber killed June and all the family, June’s mother’s estate went to her next of kin (who she’d already named in her will) which was her other daughter, Pamela (June’s sister) and her other grandchildren, Ann and Peter.  Sheila was dead, as were her great grandchildren the twins, and her grandson, Jeremy being the murderer had lost all legal right to any of the estate.

Nevill’s estate was the same: his wife, daughter and grandchildren had been murdered, and his son, being the murderer, automatically lost all right to any monies from Nevill’s estate.
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2020, 08:35:00 PM »
It seems the more you have the more you want. Interestingly Basil Cock suggested that the presumption when the order of death can't be determined is that the younger survives the elder. That seems to have been applied to Nevill and June, but what about Sheila and the twins? Sheila inherited from June, and I would have thought that would have gone to the twins had they survived. It seems Colin Caffell refrained, as their next of kin, from getting involved.

Yes that is an interesting Point G. Colin would have been entitled to claim on behalf of his children's' inheritance- Perhaps he didn't want involved with family politics after losing his children money wouldn't have been foremost on his mind.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2020, 03:23:06 PM »
Yes that is an interesting Point G. Colin would have been entitled to claim on behalf of his children's' inheritance- Perhaps he didn't want involved with family politics after losing his children money wouldn't have been foremost on his mind.

Unlike Jeremy who immediately went to the accountant, lawyer and the bank to transfer everything into his name, and called Sotheby’s to come and value items in WHF, plus placed adverts in the local paper to flog June and Nevill’s cars — and all before the funerals!

And that’s without trying to sell the nude photos of Sheila to The Sun, clearing her flat out, searching both properties for cash, and getting his friend (possibly P/T boyfriend) Brett to flog his parent’s goods on his behalf.

The twisted evil murderer thought he was being clever when he said to one policeman before they raided WHF “Oh, Im a simple type. I’m not interested in money. A little two-bed house, a runaround car, and some cash in my pocket for a few drinks at the weekend is all I need”

He’s actually thick, IMO
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2020, 05:23:38 PM »

Unlike Jeremy who immediately went to the accountant, lawyer and the bank to transfer everything into his name, and called Sotheby’s to come and value items in WHF, plus placed adverts in the local paper to flog June and Nevill’s cars — and all before the funerals!

And that’s without trying to sell the nude photos of Sheila to The Sun, clearing her flat out, searching both properties for cash, and getting his friend (possibly P/T boyfriend) Brett to flog his parent’s goods on his behalf.

The twisted evil murderer thought he was being clever when he said to one policeman before they raided WHF “Oh, Im a simple type. I’m not interested in money. A little two-bed house, a runaround car, and some cash in my pocket for a few drinks at the weekend is all I need”

He’s actually thick, IMO

Thee is no doubt he is a despicable character.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2020, 10:22:59 PM »

He’s actually thick, IMO

Not sure whether he's a murderer, but definitely not a nice bloke, IMO.

How did he manage to sell his parents' cars and get things put into his own name before probate was granted?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2020, 11:15:12 PM »

Not sure whether he's a murderer, but definitely not a nice bloke, IMO.

How did he manage to sell his parents' cars and get things put into his own name before probate was granted?

He didn't bother with a little thing like probate.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2020, 10:44:57 AM »
He didn't bother with a little thing like probate.

Seriously?

Wasn't Basil Cocks dealing with the "official" stuff? Surely, he wouldn't have let Jeremy get away with not going through the proper channels to obtain probate?  Is there anything recorded anywhere about this?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2020, 11:19:10 AM »
Seriously?

Wasn't Basil Cocks dealing with the "official" stuff? Surely, he wouldn't have let Jeremy get away with not going through the proper channels to obtain probate?  Is there anything recorded anywhere about this?

He could only record it, if he knew about it.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2020, 11:02:54 PM »
Seriously?

Next of kin can get permission to access and run the bank accounts of the deceased before probate has gone through.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2020, 01:05:07 AM »
Next of kin can get permission to access and run the bank accounts of the deceased before probate has gone through.

Permission from whom?

I understood that when someone dies, their bank accounts are frozen until probate is obtained. 

Offline Caroline

« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2020, 01:21:33 AM »

Permission from whom?

I understood that when someone dies, their bank accounts are frozen until probate is obtained.

No one freezes the antiques scattered around the house, someone needs to do an inventory of those. The family started to do that, list the items for the BC - that's why Jeremy didn't want them there.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2020, 08:00:25 AM »

Permission from whom?

That’s true, but in certain cases banks will relax the rules.  For example, before Jeremy was discovered to be the murderer he’d have been the executor and he could have (probably did) applied for a grant of representation prior to probate. That’s why he rushed off to a solicitor for advice.

Don’t forget, probate can take months, sometimes longer, and the executor needs to run the finances of the deceased. Indeed, Jeremy DID withdraw money from Nevill’s account, but that could have been because both Nevill and Jeremy co-owned one of  Nevill’s businesses. He also needed money for the funerals, flowers, his new suit which cost £180 — that would be about £600 now?

And he also needed to access Nevill’s business account as he had to pay staff their wages: Nevill’s secretary made up the wages the next week, and Jeremy stole £100 cash out of Len’s wage packet. Len had to tell Barbara he was £100 short and she knew Jeremy must have stolen it as he’d asked for the wage packets and said he’d drop them off to staff. Even THEN he was scheming and stealing — and you don’t become a thief overnight. I bet he was always stealing cash out of June’s purse and Nevill’s wallet...

To think he even thought of stealing some of Len’s wages just days after killing everyone demonstrates what a twisted, sick, evil thing he is.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:17:30 AM by Ispywithmybigeye »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2020, 08:13:37 AM »
That’s true, but in certain cases banks will relax the rules.  For example, before Jeremy was discovered to be the murderer he’d have been the executor and he could have (probably did) applied a grant of representation prior to probate. That’s why he rushed off to a solicitor for advice.

Don’t forget, probate can take months, sometimes longer, and the executor needs to run the finances of the deceased. Indeed, Jeremy DID withdraw money from Nevill’s account, but that could have been because both Nevill and Jeremy co-owned one Nevill’s businesses. He also needed money for the funerals, flowers, his new suit which cost £180 — that would be about £600 now?

And he also needed to access Nevill’s business account as he had to pay staff their wages: Nevill’s secretary made up the wages the next week, and Jeremy stole £100 cash out of Len’s wage packet. Len had to tell Barbara’s he was £100 short and she knew Jeremy must have stolen it as he’d asked for the wage packets and said he’d drop them off to staff. Even THEN he was scheming and stealing — and you don’t become a thief overnight. I bet he was always stealing cash out of June’s purse and Nevill’s wallet...

To think he even thought if stealing some of Len’s wages just days after killing everyone demonstrates what a twisted, sick, evil thing he is.
I can hear the “Just Because” Posse firing up their cylinders:

“Just because he threw stones at water fowl and beat animals doesn’t mean he’s a murderer”
“Just because he was a thief who though nothing of stealing from his nearest and dearest doesn’t mean he’s a murderer”
“Just because he tried to sell topless photos of his dead sister to the press in the wake of her death doesn’t mean he’s a murderer”
etc etc etc
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2020, 08:30:32 AM »
I can hear the “Just Because” Posse firing up their cylinders:

“Just because he threw stones at water fowl and beat animals doesn’t mean he’s a murderer”
“Just because he was a thief who though nothing of stealing from his nearest and dearest doesn’t mean he’s a murderer”
“Just because he tried to sell topless photos of his dead sister to the press in the wake of her death doesn’t mean he’s a murderer”
etc etc etc

His vile attempt at trying to humiliate his own sister after HE’D killed her proves what a vile s..mbag he is.

He hasn’t been able to worm himself out of that one, though he did try and make out it was Colin who tried to sell them! He soon kept his trap shut when THAT lie was ridiculed.

It’s also telling that for someone who’s SO money orientated, greedy, grasping and litigious never tried to sue The Sun for publishing, what he claimed, was a lie. He tries to sue everyone, from the family to the police, prison...anyone he can. Yet not only did he not attempt to sue The Sun, but he scurried off and they never heard a peep from him again.

He’s absolutely putrid.