Author Topic: Should the Maddie enquiry be expanded?  (Read 10520 times)

Offline John

Re: Should the Maddie enquiry be expanded?
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2018, 06:25:45 PM »
I don't think it could be extended much more than it has been already and I'm not sure it is necessary anyway.

The deafening silence from the investigations suggests to me that there is evidence being firmed up ... or even negotiation to get Madeleine back ... but the lack of information in the public domain does not in my opinion equate with lack of action.

In my opinion SY have failed to delver any results despite the digs near the beach in Praia da Luz and despite interviewing several other potential suspects.  Given the propensity of this particular enquiry to leak like a sieve I believe we would have heard about it long ago if SY had come up with anything positive.

I think it should be expanded though and all those silent whispers put to bed for good.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 06:27:48 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2018, 06:50:00 PM »
In my opinion SY have failed to delver any results despite the digs near the beach in Praia da Luz and despite interviewing several other potential suspects.  Given the propensity of this particular enquiry to leak like a sieve I believe we would have heard about it long ago if SY had come up with anything positive.

I think it should be expanded though and all those silent whispers put to bed for good.

Expanded in what way

Offline John

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2018, 08:48:17 PM »
Expanded in what way

Expanded to investigate other potential criminal ongoings naturally.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2018, 08:55:44 PM »
Expanded to investigate other potential criminal ongoings naturally.

surely not to be investigated by SY.....its surely the job of the PJ....IF there is anything to investigate.

Offline John

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2018, 08:58:04 PM »
surely not to be investigated by SY.....its surely the job of the PJ....IF there is anything to investigate.

I doubt very much if SY have the appetite to expand any investigation so you are right, it will be down to Portugal to do it.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2018, 11:51:15 PM »
I doubt very much if SY have the appetite to expand any investigation so you are right, it will be down to Portugal to do it.
So basically it won't get done, is that how you think of it?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2018, 11:52:48 PM »
I don't think it could be extended much more than it has been already and I'm not sure it is necessary anyway.

The deafening silence from the investigations suggests to me that there is evidence being firmed up ... or even negotiation to get Madeleine back ... but the lack of information in the public domain does not in my opinion equate with lack of action.
That would be amazing.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2018, 02:18:31 AM »
That would be amazing.
The fact we don't know what is going on doesn't mean that nothing is and I prefer to think of the positive solutions to that rather than the negative ... but I think there could also be negatives which would definitely widen the scope for expansion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2018, 02:22:09 AM »
The fact we don't know what is going on doesn't mean that nothing is and I prefer to think of the positive solutions to that rather than the negative ... but I think there could also be negatives which would definitely widen the scope for expansion.
Everyday I'm looking forward to when Madeleine is found - Just the thought of someone thinking the same is rather amazing for me.
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2018, 03:09:27 AM »
Everyday I'm looking forward to when Madeleine is found - Just the thought of someone thinking the same is rather amazing for me.
I think there may be a lot of us optimists around and given that we know of nothing to indicate otherwise I see absolutely no harm in hoping for the best for her.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2018, 10:15:06 AM »

Surely it would be that SY are the servants and PJ are the masters of this investigation. If SY find any definitive information which was strong enough to charge someone then they would alert the PJ. However, if the perpetrators were on mainland UK they can be charged  and convicted in this country. Looking at the cases of 'Gary Glitter' and other paedophiles who go abroad to molest/ harass and rape children, they are arrested on their return.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:38:32 AM by Angelo222 »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline kizzy

« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2018, 10:23:06 AM »

The deafening silence - could also mean they are no further on...imo

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2018, 10:24:17 AM »

The deafening silence - could also mean they are no further on...imo
That's right we just don't know.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2018, 11:17:16 AM »
Anyone know who's official mouthpiece now that Rowley has retired ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2018, 11:19:41 AM »
Anyone know who's official mouthpiece now that Rowley has retired ?

"friends of McCanns" etc...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin