Author Topic: The Sun claims Madeleine McCann was kidnapped during a botched burglary.  (Read 232921 times)

Offline pegasus

Oh, this is going to be OGs defense then for closing the case without finding her/finding out what actually happened...blame the Portuguese police, how original  *&*%£
I have more faith in OG.
IMO the Mail and Sun are talking rubbish, and the "final lead" of OG is something rather different.

Offline pegasus

its what I would suggest
Very good suggestion of yours Davel.
A £100,000 reward for info leading to arrest and conviction of the perp.
None of the so-called rewards have ever offered a penny for that.

Offline Brietta

do you think the PJ want SY to solve the case where they have not

I don't know if it is the PJ and their pride which is the stumbling block or if it is the magistrates they are accountable to, but I think if the PJ felt inclined to make a case and pushed it the magistrates would accept their representation.

I think there may be an element of the PJ not wishing to lose face, if there is and that is what is blocking SY from investigating further it is criminal.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

They probably have watertight alibis.

They've had nearly nine years to work on them, John, so wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

Note the report does not have a date, nor does it attribute to an author.

Just as well.  It has gone from Crimewatch, Oct 2013, where two men were heard talking very loudly in Rua Primeiro de Maio, and upon being noticed by an observer, quietened down and moved off, TO ...

Two of the men were seen rowing intensely on a balcony. 

What utter baloney.  As is much of the rest of the article.

There are those who are lapping it up with a spoon.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

I don't know if it is the PJ and their pride which is the stumbling block or if it is the magistrates they are accountable to, but I think if the PJ felt inclined to make a case and pushed it the magistrates would accept their representation.

I think there may be an element of the PJ not wishing to lose face, if there is and that is what is blocking SY from investigating further it is criminal.

You do realise don't you Brietta that this story originated in the same publication who stated categorically, on their front page that Liverpool supporters urinated on the bodies of the dead at Hillsborough ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Admin

By Natasha Donn
28 April 2016

For now, British media is reinforcing the ‘botched burglary’ theory, carried out says the Mirror today by three ‘key suspects’ all of whom have been interviewed at least twice before and freed without charge.

Calling the theory “new” the Mirror claims it could give police “renewed hope they can solve the mystery”.."

http://portugalresident.com/new-maddie-book-claims-to-have-nugget-police-have-been-waiting-for#sthash.AIc24R2H.dpuf

Offline Brietta

The small difference is SY did not interview Murat, check him out thouroughly, or search his home because they had no jurisdiction to do so.

This is a Portuguese police force and perhaps they did check these people out, and rule them out. They did re interview them in front of the SY so what more can be done?

If Kate can refuse to be  re interviewed,refuse to answer basic questions, and do a no show for a reconstruction then why should any one else who may not have been involved be dragged screaming to account for THEIR whereabouts etc.

I would have thought it self evident that if Scotland Yard require further information to assist in a missing child investigation it is reprehensible if they are deliberately obstructed from doing so.

Offline pegasus

The Sun claims
"3. Text messages were sent from this spot between José Carlos da Silva and Ricardo Rodrigues"
and the Sun's map shows point 3 = tapas restaurant.

The Sun have teleported one of their so-called abductors to the tapas restaurant to falsely make him seem more suspicious.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7113465/Revealed-Brit-cops-know-who-snatched-Maddieand-think-they-have-questioned-him-already.html
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:38:41 PM by pegasus »

Offline Alice Purjorick

I would have thought it self evident that if Scotland Yard require further information to assist in a missing child investigation it is reprehensible if they are deliberately obstructed from doing so.

This is true but what evidence is there of same apart from a rerun of an old story in The Sun ?
Are you seriously suggesting that you consider The Sun to be a reliable source?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

The Sun has named the three men and effectively labelled them child abductors.  I would think they have an extremely good case for libel against the Sun assuming of course that they are innocent?

Has The Sun gone too far this time?

Maybe they are inviting a libel suit?

Offline Admin

If any of this turns out to be remotely true, The Sun by its actions will have put the liklihood of a prosecution in dire jeopardy simply for the sake of a cheap story.  Whichever way one looks at it, British journalism at its best...NOT!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:45:12 PM by Admin »

Offline ChloeR

if they panicked...nothing was taken...evidence of break in ....open window...small one goes in via the window then opens the front door for the other two
...except a child?!

If you were burgling somewhere and a kid wakes up and starts shouting, you get out of there immediately, not decide to take the child with you...

Sorry I really find this theory ridiculous and I don't really believe our police would come out with such garbage either.

Offline faithlilly

Maybe they are inviting a libel suit?

From who ?  Are you honestly suggesting the three'suspects' would have the finances to sue the Sun ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Admin

...except a child?!

If you were burgling somewhere and a kid wakes up and starts shouting, you get out of there immediately, not decide to take the child with you...

Sorry I really find this theory ridiculous and I don't really believe our police would come out with such garbage either.

I must say I have to agree.  It is too ridiculous for words.