Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239393 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2019, 11:48:47 AM »
Please note that 'it remains one of the foundation of sceptic beliefs' in your opinion. I'm one of those you have named a sceptic and I accept that some people turn to religopn in times of trouble so it's definitely not a sifnificant matter in my opinion.
When not liking something ... for example, the subject of this thread ... the old deflection card is played as your post illustrates.

I don't recall 'naming' you as anything ... so that definitely requires a cite.

Even had I done so ... why would you object being called a sceptic?

To the topic ...
Nothing which isn't true is of itself of any significance ... it is the sum of the whole which gives the lie significance enough to feature in a police interrogation.

Question 24: Did you ask for a priest?

Which suggests the the Portuguese police did indeed find it of significance as have a legion of sceptic believers in the twelve years since.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2019, 11:57:29 AM »
I'd have adopted the same system for anyone thrusting themselves into public life and who adopted a similar approach to having an evidence less based theory stuffed down my throat, at a cost to the public (me being one) of £12 million. Until they started spending my money, I didn't have a system. I didn't give a shit about them then.
I'm not entirely sure if you are aware of it but I think your posts illustrate in concise detail many of the shibboleths held dear in the sceptic belief system.

I also think it illustrates the belief that Madeleine isn't really worth looking for if it has and is costing the British taxpayer money.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:37:27 PM by Angelo222 »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2019, 12:00:55 PM »
@)(++(*  Several witnesses saw Murat acting suspiciously on the night of the abduction.  Evidence against him too.  I guess he is not cleared then, and is still a suspect.
The difference is that those witnesses appear in the files ... I think Amaral's book and documentary are polluted with those who are nought but a figment of his imagination.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2019, 12:10:03 PM »
there's lots of evidence that supports abduction....those with a closed mind cant see it....Redwood actually said ..based on teh evidence when he talked of abduction
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:38:37 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2019, 12:21:32 PM »
If there is, why are the police not acting on this evidence?
And as the years and years of police investigation continues without any indication that the McCanns are suspects, what does keep you and other sceptics so convinced that there is such evidence?

I’m sorry but how do you know what they are acting on ? An answer to a question put to Rowley two years ago, an question that could not be answered in any other way if details of the investigation were to be kept confidential.

Do you agree that if the parents were being investigated that we wouldn’t be told about it until they were arrested or charged ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2019, 12:26:32 PM »
I’m sorry but how do you know what they are acting on ? An answer to a question put to Rowley two years ago, an question that could not be answered in any other way if details of the investigation were to be kept confidential.

Do you agree that if the parents were being investigated that we wouldn’t be told about it until they were arrested or charged ?

Well they've not acted so far!
I'm fairly sure that if the McCanns were being investigated, it would be very difficult to carry out that investigation without a hint of such a sensational move being leaked.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2019, 12:37:28 PM »
It at the moment as far as the police are concerned.
Unless you know otherwise.

You seem to believe that the police tell the public the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. There is evidence that they don't even do that in a court of law. I'm pleased to see you acknowledge that things can change. What is true at one moment isn't necessarily true for evermore.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2019, 12:47:26 PM »
According to some Believers the McCanns have been under investigation for nigh on 9 years.  What aspects of the McCanns have the police been investigating in those 9 years I wonder...?  *%6^
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2019, 12:53:25 PM »
You seem to believe that the police tell the public the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. There is evidence that they don't even do that in a court of law. I'm pleased to see you acknowledge that things can change. What is true at one moment isn't necessarily true for evermore.

No, I don't believe that the Police tell the public the truth at all times.
Why would the police conceal the truth about the McCanns?
Of course things can change!
I assume that is the thought which keeps sceptics hopeful?
It's taking a while to change though, in spite of both police Investigations.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2019, 12:56:40 PM »
I really wasn't interested in them before the investigation began, that's the truth. It's was only when they began to use my money I decided to look at the case at all.

Do the McCanns have access to your bank account now too?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 09:26:02 PM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2019, 01:05:28 PM »
When not liking something ... for example, the subject of this thread ... the old deflection card is played as your post illustrates.

I don't recall 'naming' you as anything ... so that definitely requires a cite.

Even had I done so ... why would you object being called a sceptic?

To the topic ...
Nothing which isn't true is of itself of any significance ... it is the sum of the whole which gives the lie significance enough to feature in a police interrogation.

Question 24: Did you ask for a priest?

Which suggests the the Portuguese police did indeed find it of significance as have a legion of sceptic believers in the twelve years since.

How can you accuse me of deflecton when I replied to your post? You posted your opinion of 'sceptic' beliefs as if it was a fact. I pointed out that as one of those percieved as a sceptic that wasn't true of me.

(The 'you' referred to supporters in general, not you in particular btw. I appreciate it that you've refrained from labelling me as others have)

The reason for my dislike of labels is that they tend to group people together and ignore their differences. Then, as on this thread, they are all accused of holding similar opinions.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2019, 01:07:46 PM »
How can you accuse me of deflecton when I replied to your post? You posted your opinion of 'sceptic' beliefs as if it was a fact. I pointed out that as one of those percieved as a sceptic that wasn't true of me.

(The 'you' referred to supporters in general, not you in particular btw. I appreciate it that you've refrained from labelling me as others have)

The reason for my dislike of labels is that they tend to group people together and ignore their differences. Then, as on this thread, they are all accused of holding similar opinions.
Sceptics DO all hold the same position.  They are all sceptical of the McCanns' version of events and think they are hiding something. 

Online Eleanor

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2019, 01:12:44 PM »
I simply don't understand why some people are so determined to believe that The McCanns are guilty when two Police Forces have failed to do so.

This has to involve mindless hatred that is completely beyond me.  It totally lacks logic of any kind and only ever relies upon conspiracy theories, all absolutely unproven.  Where is the justice in this?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2019, 01:15:41 PM »
No, I don't believe that the Police tell the public the truth at all times.
Why would the police conceal the truth about the McCanns?
Of course things can change!
I assume that is the thought which keeps sceptics hopeful?
It's taking a while to change though, in spite of both police Investigations.

Thank you. Hopefully your future posts will acknowledge that what the police say can't be quoted as if it was evidence. I don't think I suggested that the police are concealing the truth about the McCanns, but if they were investigating them you can be sure they wouldn't tell them or the general public.

The only reason anyone remains interested in this case is to see if it ever reaches any conclusions.
Result = happy posting.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2019, 01:18:10 PM »
The old taxman does, that makes the McCann affair everyone's business whether people like it or not.
I don't even hate paying tax on the whole, but it does make me angry spending it to promote inequality in missing person's cases.
 &^&*%

If only.