Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 242199 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #705 on: April 11, 2019, 02:17:08 PM »
Hmmm ... you don't read comments under Mccann articles?  Good choice, actually.

Better than your's, it would seem.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #706 on: April 11, 2019, 02:22:15 PM »

Likewise - I fail to see to see how you have compassion to the mcs.

... and it is sentiments like that which epitomise sceptic opinion. 
That has to be fuelled from somewhere and I suggest it is the beliefs spouted unashamedly and uncritically on social media.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #707 on: April 11, 2019, 03:04:20 PM »
All other leads have come to nowt for good reason - truth doesn't change!

And you know "the truth".?
Which lead has not "come to nowt" ?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #708 on: April 11, 2019, 03:20:57 PM »
Truth is an absolute. Only its perception is open to question.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline The General

« Reply #709 on: April 11, 2019, 03:55:17 PM »
  ... and it is sentiments like that which epitomise sceptic opinion. 
That has to be fuelled from somewhere and I suggest it is the beliefs spouted unashamedly and uncritically on social media.
You keep doing that, as if there aren't degrees of scepticism and as if one speaks for all.
If I'm your 'sceptic', then this poster doesn't speak for me.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Erngath

« Reply #710 on: April 11, 2019, 04:07:53 PM »
Truth is an absolute. Only its perception is open to question.

Best tell that to Pathfinder.!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 04:10:33 PM by Erngath »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #711 on: April 11, 2019, 04:36:41 PM »
The early appeals by the parents. They didn't trigger disbelief, they just didn't trigger belief. I rhen forgot about it. The next time I took any notice was when they were made arguidos. It didn't surprise me because of my initial impression pf them.

I don't recall taking any other interest in the case for years. Then one day I was asked for my opinion on it and my reply was that I didn't know. I began to research the case in 2014 in order to be able to answer that question. It soon dawned on me that it was necessary to read the PJ files, because so much of what I read was opinion or rumour. My conclusion was that, based on the evidence, it was impossible to be certain what happened to Madeleine.

If the early appeals didn't trigger either belief or disbelief what did they trigger?
Any emotion or feeling?
It maybe impossible to say with certainty what happened to Madeleine but your reading of the files seems to have  influenced your disbelief rather than belief in the parent non involvement.
Both police investigations will be very aware of the files and both have said the McCanns are not suspects.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #712 on: April 11, 2019, 04:38:05 PM »
If I may, I will also answer this question - my trigger was the interview when Gerry was asked if he had sedated his kids and he say '....of course we never sedated the children'. Can't remember the actual interview and with whom. But his whole body language was screaming LIE - his words were totally incongruent with all of the signals he was putting out.
I had my doubts, but this remains pertinent for me, even in the context of press persecution / constant barrage of questions / mental exhaustion / grief / anxiety.

Your doubts are based on body language?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #713 on: April 11, 2019, 05:15:26 PM »
If the early appeals didn't trigger either belief or disbelief what did they trigger?
Any emotion or feeling?
It maybe impossible to say with certainty what happened to Madeleine but your reading of the files seems to have  influenced your disbelief rather than belief in the parent non involvement.
Both police investigations will be very aware of the files and both have said the McCanns are not suspects.

And both investigations are covered by judicial secrecy so won’t be able to tell the public even if the parents were suspects.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #714 on: April 11, 2019, 05:17:09 PM »
I have an unshakeable belief in the right of individuals to the right to the presumption of innocence ... it is the hallmark of a civilised society.

As you have noticed my posts respect not just that one but all human rights.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope we all agree with all the rights people are enttled to; including freedom of expression.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #715 on: April 11, 2019, 05:28:53 PM »
And both investigations are covered by judicial secrecy so won’t be able to tell the public even if the parents were suspects.

You believe that after two lengthy investigations by both Police Forces, this is still a possibility?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #716 on: April 11, 2019, 05:33:17 PM »
I hope we all agree with all the rights people are enttled to; including freedom of expression.

With freedom of expression or 'freedom of speech' comes responsibility.  That is where morality comes in.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #717 on: April 11, 2019, 05:36:37 PM »

You believe that after two lengthy investigations by both Police Forces, this is still a possibility?

It's infinitely more likely that Maddie was taken by a dead tractor driver who preferred kidnap to employment tribunals.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #718 on: April 11, 2019, 05:37:26 PM »
You keep doing that, as if there aren't degrees of scepticism and as if one speaks for all.
If I'm your 'sceptic', then this poster doesn't speak for me.

Describing all sceptics in terms of the most extreme or ill-onformed of them is just an attempt to paint all sceptcs with the same brush. Otherwise it would have to be acknowledged that there are sceptics who aren't sad, lonely, ill-educated trolls who hate the McCanns because they're jealous of them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #719 on: April 11, 2019, 05:50:08 PM »

It’s a fact not a possibility.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?