Author Topic: ShiningInLuz photos of the paths around block 4  (Read 10115 times)

Offline Admin

ShiningInLuz photos of the paths around block 4
« on: August 05, 2015, 02:24:29 AM »
My better half has just left me for 3 weeks in Inglaterra with family.  This is a good time to get your photo requests in, folks.

I feel a stroll coming on.

Some great photos Shining in Luz.  Could I make a request please?

The path in front of apartment 5a has never been photgraphed at its western end, would it be possible to obtain a series of photos to show that the Ocean Club gardens and pool area cannot be accessed by that path ie it is a dead end at its furthest point?  Could you also show the path which cuts through between blocks 4 and 5 to join this path?

Thank you in anticipation.

View along path to the east and the apartments where the tapas group stayed.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:47:36 AM by Admin »

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: ShiningInLuz photos of the paths around block 4
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 02:53:45 PM »
Some great photos Shining in Luz.  Could I make a request please?

The path in front of apartment 5a has never been photgraphed at its western end, would it be possible to obtain a series of photos to show that the Ocean Club gardens and pool area cannot be accessed by that path ie it is a dead end at its furthest point?  Could you also show the path which cuts through between blocks 4 and 5 to join this path?

Thank you in anticipation.

View along path to the east and the apartments where the tapas group stayed.
It's blistering hot  again today, but I'll see if I can go down when it's a bit cooler.

Perhaps the photos/requests should be separated out into a new topic.
What's up, old man?

Offline Admin

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 05:08:04 PM »
It's blistering hot  again today, but I'll see if I can go down when it's a bit cooler.

Perhaps the photos/requests should be separated out into a new topic.

Thank you ShiningInLuz.   Your offer to take photos will be greatly appreciated by all.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 08:34:41 PM »
Thank you ShiningInLuz.   Your offer to take photos will be greatly appreciated by all.

Agreed much appreciated Shining  8((()*/
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 08:35:24 PM »
The following are in no particular order.  Luz is heaving with tourists, so it was a case of trying to get photos without looking like a journalist.

The following batch is all round block 4 and block 5.  I have split them up purely to make sure the descriptions match the photos.

All of this lot were taken around 7:45pm today, 5 Aug 2015.

Front of 4F, the ground floor apartment at the west end of block 4, next to Rua 1 de Maio.  Note gate to keep out nosey b....rs.  Note utility meters inside gate, so the reader has to enter.

Front of 4F, showing wall to car park in front, and wall to 1 de Maio on right.  It looks like less than a door width, but folks can definitely get down the W side of block 4.

Entrance of passageway to south of blocks 4 and 5.  The blocks are on the right.  The Tapas area is on the left.  The view is west.

(Scuse me while I go and upload the photos.)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:49:14 AM by Admin »
What's up, old man?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 09:10:42 PM »
Have you walked up to the dead end and see if it's possible to walk through the end garden and get to Block 4 car park? Just curious if it's possible.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Admin

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »
Thank you ShiningInLuz, it can be a bit intimidating taking photos in such a sensitive zone. 

It isnt clear from the photos you attached but did you find that it is possible to access the pool area from the end of this cul de sac or does the high wall extend the entire length of the path?

My reason for asking is to dispell the claim once and for all that you could access the childrens club via the path at the rear of block 4.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:04:38 PM by Admin »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 10:44:01 PM »
Have you walked up to the dead end and see if it's possible to walk through the end garden and get to Block 4 car park? Just curious if it's possible.
It's possible.  Photo to come.
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 10:53:56 PM »
Thank you ShiningInLuz, it can be a bit intimidating taking photos in such a sensitive zone. 

It isnt clear from the photos you attached but did you find that it is possible to access the pool area from the end of this cul de sac or does the high wall extend the entire length of the path?

My reason for asking is to dispell the claim once and for all that you could access the childrens club via the path at the rear of block 4.
There is NO way to access the Tapas area DIRECTLY from the rear of block 4.  One goes out, onto the street, down to Tapas reception, and in.  The whole area is fenced off, walled off, gated off.

Yup, I could have clambered over the wall to the north of the pool tonight.  Mind you, I would have looked like an almighty tw.. to the onlookers in block 4 and block 5. 
What's up, old man?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 11:06:07 PM »
It's possible.  Photo to come.

Thanks that is interesting. The kids went down to that end garden and I think a dog went there.

MADELEINE left [went] running to the left to the extreme opposite of the residential blocks where they were lodged, playing with the twins. That they had gone down to the furthest point away from those blocks, not knowing exactly how, the three children got into the gardens at the rear [of the blocks].

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 11:35:08 PM »
The alleyway between block 5 and block 4.

First one is outside the car park.  Block 4 is on the right.  Notice the high wall, as block 4 is above block 5.  Notice there appears to be stairs/steps from block 4 to block 5 (there are).   From this view, it takes a very sharp eye to work out that block 4 might be faced with a series of steps into the alleyway-

Second, sitting on that wall in the car park of block 4.  It looks, judging by the wall on the LHS, that the alleyway might be descending.  Is that the Tapas area in the background?

Third is a photo so fuzzy that I normally delete them on sight.  It looks from  the south of the alley to the north. What does it show us?   A set of steps that block 4, and block 5, had to navigate. I am more interested in the light on the wall in the foreground.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 11:38:49 PM by ShiningInLuz »
What's up, old man?

Offline Anna

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 11:49:49 PM »
Thanks SIL, For taking the time to take these photos. Making the pathway clear for us to see and understand  8((()*/
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 12:21:00 AM »
Great photos and that looks like the tapas outside table sitting area in the background. The last garden photo will be interesting and any photos of the bushes on the north west side of the perimeter fence around the wasteland. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:24:12 AM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Admin

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 01:16:45 AM »
The alleyway between block 5 and block 4.

First one is outside the car park.  Block 4 is on the right.  Notice the high wall, as block 4 is above block 5.  Notice there appears to be stairs/steps from block 4 to block 5 (there are).   From this view, it takes a very sharp eye to work out that block 4 might be faced with a series of steps into the alleyway-

Second, sitting on that wall in the car park of block 4.  It looks, judging by the wall on the LHS, that the alleyway might be descending.  Is that the Tapas area in the background?

Third is a photo so fuzzy that I normally delete them on sight.  It looks from  the south of the alley to the north. What does it show us?   A set of steps that block 4, and block 5, had to navigate. I am more interested in the light on the wall in the foreground.

Brilliant SiL.  We have never had these photos before and they are impossible to obtain from google maps.  I hope you dont mind us asking you to do this for us but I can assure you it is all worthwhile.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:40:01 AM by Admin »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 06:07:06 AM »
Heading into the pathway between block 5 and Tapas area.  Direction of travel is east to west. All Aug 5, 2015 a little bit before 8pm.

1. The path is wide enough to get a car on it (you'd have to reverse it out as there is no way out and no turning space.)
Block 5 is on the right, hidden by bushes.  The block you can see is block 4.  Towards the end, looks like a wall blocks the alley - it doesn't.

2.  Beside the last apartment in block 5.  The alley way narrows significantly as it goes behind block 4.  The short cut between block 5 and block 4 goes to the right.  (Join up my really fuzzy photo from earlier and you've got it.)

3.  The start of the path behind block 4.  Long, narrow, looking a bit scruffy.  What looks like a wall at the end is indeed a wall.  That's Rua Primeiro de Maio.

What's up, old man?