Author Topic: ShiningInLuz photos of the paths around block 4  (Read 10118 times)

Offline Admin

Re: ShiningInLuz photos of the paths around block 4
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 06:45:05 AM »
That narrow path would appear intimidating to a three-year-old kid and especially at night with that high wall on one side.  From what I can see from the photos there is no lighting along the main path and only a solitary wall light on the southern end of the path between blocks 4 and 5.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:53:32 AM by Admin »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 06:50:01 AM »
I see the attachments carry numbers, so I am swapping to those.

10.  Rear of block 4.  The wall at the end is now quite clear.

11. The end is nigh.  Nowhere to go that way. Rua Primeiro de Maio rules.

12.  Rear of apartment 4F.  Please join up to photo 2 in this thread to see 4F from the front.  The rear is as per Kate's book.  You can get into it from the front, then you think, hello, I'm in someone's garden.

[attachment deleted by admin]
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 07:33:31 AM »
Last photos from 5 Aug 2015.

13.  From as far west as one can get on the alley south of block 4, facing east.  There is a tree overhanging this, so the photo was taken from about navel level.  It does not look so grim when you stand up.  4F gate is poking up onto the left.

14.  Behind block 4 to Tapas Bar/Restaurant to Luztur.  The photo was taken a few minutes before 8pm on a blazing hot day in August, so a lot of adjustments need to be made for 3 May.

15.  Just to polish off, kid's pool, kid's play area, tennis courts.

I think I need to go back after dark and have a squizz at what you can see then.

[attachment deleted by admin]
What's up, old man?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 07:42:59 AM »
Excellent shots Shining  8((()*/ You said it was possible to get to the Block 4 car park passing through the end garden? I think taking the middle path to block 4 car park and exit to the wasteland is the most probable route.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 01:09:15 PM »
Some great photos Shining which have certainly given me a new perspective on the layout behind the trees.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline pegasus

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 06:42:21 PM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6520.0;attach=5412
In garden next to end of alley is a small garden tool shed - white plastic/fibreglass with green stripe
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:44:51 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 06:43:31 PM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6520.0;attach=5412
At end of alley a fit adult can climb over the end wall onto Rua 1 Maio

Offline jassi

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 06:45:48 PM »
At end of alley a fit adult can climb over the end wall onto Rua 1 Maio

Can they do it while carrying a small child?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2015, 07:11:19 PM »
Can they do it while carrying a small child?

If they have an accomplice; or lay the child on the wall coping while shunting over the wall, then pick up the child again when on t'other side?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline sadie

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 11:01:38 PM »
The alleyway between block 5 and block 4.

First one is outside the car park.  Block 4 is on the right.  Notice the high wall, as block 4 is above block 5.  Notice there appears to be stairs/steps from block 4 to block 5 (there are).   From this view, it takes a very sharp eye to work out that block 4 might be faced with a series of steps into the alleyway-

Second, sitting on that wall in the car park of block 4.  It looks, judging by the wall on the LHS, that the alleyway might be descending.  Is that the Tapas area in the background?

Third is a photo so fuzzy that I normally delete them on sight.  It looks from  the south of the alley to the north. What does it show us?   A set of steps that block 4, and block 5, had to navigate. I am more interested in the light on the wall in the foreground.
Fabulous photographs.  Thank you Shining.

The middle one

05 IMG_20150805_195020.jpg

In this you ccan see the tapas restaurant straight ahead.  This could have been a good spot to watch from !  Although it might have been tricky looking to see if the person leaving the restaurant actually went up the steps to the patio entrance to 5A.

If sometime, no rush, you could go back to that alleyway between block 4 and block 5.  Then could you possibly go to the tapas end of it and from a hidden spot, without actually going into the long alleyway, take a look-see and notice whether the steps up to 5A and the patio are visible from there.   Without actually stepping into the long east / west alleyway, I doubt that the Jez / Gerry chat corner would be visible.

I doubt anyone intent on evil deeds would want to step forward into the long alleyway, where peeps sitting on balconies might see him.

What do you think?

Offline mercury

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 11:23:00 PM »
In garden next to end of alley is a small garden tool shed - white plastic/fibreglass with green stripe

handy for garden  tools? brooms etc?

8)-)))

Offline pegasus

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 11:27:30 PM »
@ShiningInLuz Many thanks for the good photos.
Have they built anything yet in the very north end of the empty plot (straight over Rua 1 Maio from the alley cul-dee-sac)? Or is it still trees and bushes?
A big omission of search expert MH to ignore this which is the closest wasteland to the apartment and was also hidden from view.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:37:02 PM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2015, 11:34:41 PM »
You couldn't see anybody on the dark path where they were sat.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 12:02:53 AM »
You couldn't see anybody on the dark path where they were sat.

I agree where the alleyway between block 4 and block 5 comes out, it would be pitch black. 

Unless there was a street lamp behind the watcher on Rua Agostinho da Silva.   Even then i doubt he would be outlined cos there is a run of bushes/ treeheads going northwards from the little alleywat, which would have blocked any lamplight that may have been.

To be fair, I dont think that these images taken after dark can be trusted, cos it is so easy to alter things by changing the exposure time or the prints.

Offline mercury

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2015, 12:07:10 AM »
I agree where the alleyway between block 4 and block 5 comes out, it would be pitch black. 

Unless there was a street lamp behind the watcher on Rua Agostinho da Silva.   Even then i doubt he would be outlined cos there is a run of bushes/ treeheads going northwards from the little alleywat, which would have blocked any lamplight that may have been.

To be fair, I dont think that these images taken after dark can be trusted, cos it is so easy to alter things by changing the exposure time or the prints.

the watcher? you talk like its a fact, it isnt, as is neither the "abduction"