Author Topic: Where were Jez and Gerry standing when they did their talking? Ideas solutions  (Read 67592 times)

Offline G-Unit

So would it back his statement?  He says he returned home at 9:30 PM.  Would he be able to do enough pathways to fill in the required amount of time?   Would he become a suspect if there was a large amount of unaccounted time.  Someone estimated the walk he did is only 15 minutes at tops so how did he fill in and hour to an hour and a quarter?

I don't think Jes gave a time for arriving home did he?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

That is Gerry undermining Jane.  If he did not see her how would he know?

Jane told Gerry about the sighting that night (read her rog). SB was also confused when Jane explained it.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

Detailed examination of all the statements reveals that Gerry and Jez chatted just yards down from the gate to 5a.

Amaral claimed that Jane might have seen the men chatting when she exited the tapas mini reception but turned left into the walkway so never passed them thus explaining why they never saw her.  Could it be that it was later that she saw a man carrying a child in his arms but due to the wine and all the confusion unintenionally created a false memory of the event?

To be honest, we have looked at this previously and in some detail. The possibility that she would have been able to pass so close by the two men completely unseen would appear very remote.

Good idea John.  However there are reasons why they might not have seen Jane pass which I have detailed on another thread.  I dont intend to go over it all again.

Personally I doubt even Jane, who seems a very brave woman, would have cared to go up that alleyway on her own after/as darkness fell

Offline sadie

The McCanns statements on the 4 May 2007 said Jane saw the man from much further away - probably meaning on leaving the secondary reception entrance she saw him crossing.

It is emphasised that one of the members of the group, Jane, at about 21.10 - 21.15 when she was going to her apartment to check on her children, she saw from the back, at a distance of about 50 metres, on the road bordering the club, an individual  carrying a child, wearing pyjamas, Jane will be able to clarify this situation.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN.htm

"A cerca da cinquenta metros."

50 metres?

That is pretty obviously a big mistake (in translation?) or a typo, because it is only about 47 metres all the way from the Tapas Reception exit to where Tannerman was sighted by Jane.

Personally, i think that can be ignored as a mistake.

Offline misty

50 metres?

That is pretty obviously a big mistake (in translation?) or a typo, because it is only about 47 metres all the way from the Tapas Reception exit to where Tannerman was sighted by Jane.

If you used feet rather than metres as the translation I guess that would have been a more accurate reflection.

Offline sadie

If you used feet rather than metres as the translation I guess that would have been a more accurate reflection.
I think 50 feet is probably stretching the distance too.  IIRC, in one of the satements it says 5 metres, so maybe 50 metres was just a typo

Offline Robittybob1

I don't think Jes gave a time for arriving home did he?
He might not but in Bridget's writings I think 9:30 is implied.  From "Madeleine witness breaks her silence: 'I am certain that Kate McCann is innocent'"

"Ms O'Donnell told how she and her partner were in their holiday apartment when Madeleine was discovered missing at 10pm on 3 May by Mrs McCann."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann
"They discussed the babysitting dilemmas at the resort and Gerry said that he and Kate would have stayed in too, if they had not been on holiday in a group. Jes returned to our apartment just before 9.30pm. We ate, drank wine, watched a DVD and then went to bed.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:01:33 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

50 metres?

Ignoring a bit of evidence just because it doesn’t agree with your narrative is never a good idea.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

He might not but in Bridget's writings I think 9:30 is implied.  From "Madeleine witness breaks her silence: 'I am certain that Kate McCann is innocent'"

"Ms O'Donnell told how she and her partner were in their holiday apartment when Madeleine was discovered missing at 10pm on 3 May by Mrs McCann."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann
"They discussed the babysitting dilemmas at the resort and Gerry said that he and Kate would have stayed in too, if they had not been on holiday in a group. Jes returned to our apartment just before 9.30pm. We ate, drank wine, watched a DVD and then went to bed.

That was most helpful of his wife, wasn't it? Despite Jes's stubborn refusal to give a time, she enabled us to work it out for ourselves. If her time was correct then Jes did meet Gerry at the time Gerry and Jane said he did. No speculation needed.

His wife, of course, was writing a story for a newspaper, not giving evidence to the police. When Jes was officially interviewed again a few months later he still refused to be pinned down to a time.

As stated in my original deposition, I believe that I left the apartment around 20h30. I calculate that I met Gerry on the road between 20h45 and 21h15. I am aware of the importance of this hour and am also aware that the media announced our meeting time as 21h05. Even if this were correct, I have no idea from where such information originated. It is not possible to give you a more exact time.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm

The subject has, of course, been discussed previously;
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7844.0
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

That was most helpful of his wife, wasn't it? Despite Jes's stubborn refusal to give a time, she enabled us to work it out for ourselves. If her time was correct then Jes did meet Gerry at the time Gerry and Jane said he did. No speculation needed.

His wife, of course, was writing a story for a newspaper, not giving evidence to the police. When Jes was officially interviewed again a few months later he still refused to be pinned down to a time.

As stated in my original deposition, I believe that I left the apartment around 20h30. I calculate that I met Gerry on the road between 20h45 and 21h15. I am aware of the importance of this hour and am also aware that the media announced our meeting time as 21h05. Even if this were correct, I have no idea from where such information originated. It is not possible to give you a more exact time.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm

The subject has, of course, been discussed previously;
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7844.0

Do you think Bridget O'Donnell wasn't interviewed independently by the police?  Maybe her questionnaire from Leicestershire Police got lost in the post.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

50 metres?

I don't think they had a tape measure with them. Some may think the distance from the secondary reception to the man crossing is about 50 metres when it is in fact 30.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Carana

I don't think they had a tape measure with them. Some may think the distance from the secondary reception to the man crossing is about 50 metres when it is in fact 30.

I haven't double-checked, but I'm happy to assume that your correct on that for the moment.

Jane was apparently already legging it up from the reception when she noticed him, so I don't see how it could have been 50 m away.

For the moment, I agree with Sadie on that point - it probably was a typo.

Offline pathfinder73

A typo? It's fifty in Portuguese (cinquenta).  It's a more credible theory than Jane passing Gerry and Jez within feet without neither being aware of her. Take a long hard look at the location. No reconstruction would prove that happened.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 06:14:19 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Robittybob1

OK I think I might have figured it.  Did Gerry really think that Jez and Gerry were talking down near the reception gate not his side entrance gate?  I'll tackle it later.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline John

OK I think I might have figured it.  Did Gerry really think that Jez and Gerry were talking down near the reception gate not his side entrance gate?  I'll tackle it later.

Its such a clear and glaring discrepancy, one wonders what else he potentially got wrong?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.