Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240807 times)

Offline John

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #585 on: August 12, 2016, 02:00:47 PM »
A very pertinent question in there ... "what is happening to the Labour Party now?"  Soon perhaps to be transferred into ... "what will happen to the Labour Party under an entryist ideology?"
It may well be worth considering that.

The Labour Party should not have got itself in this mess and taking months to try and sort it out will not remedy the original ailment.  All very poor show in my opinion.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #586 on: August 12, 2016, 02:53:03 PM »
A very pertinent question in there ... "what is happening to the Labour Party now?"  Soon perhaps to be transferred into ... "what will happen to the Labour Party under an entryist ideology?"
It may well be worth considering that.

Here's an example;

The 2015 Labour leadership election in the United Kingdom was the target of a campaign by The Daily Telegraph for Conservative sympathisers to join the Labour party as £3 supporters in order to vote for the left wing candidate Jeremy Corbyn, with a view to rendering the party un-electable. [12] This strategy was labelled 'entryism' by observers
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #587 on: August 12, 2016, 03:59:21 PM »
The Labour Party should not have got itself in this mess and taking months to try and sort it out will not remedy the original ailment.  All very poor show in my opinion.

A disaster for democracy, John.
Whatever the complexion of the government there has to be the balance of effective opposition.  At least Cameron had the dignity to fall on his sword thus preventing anything like this debacle happening in the governing party.  There was no immediate clamour for his resignation among his peers.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #588 on: August 12, 2016, 04:54:59 PM »
Whatever the complexion of the government there has to be the balance of effective opposition.  At least Cameron had the dignity to fall on his sword thus preventing anything like this debacle happening in the governing party.  There was no immediate clamour for his resignation among his peers.

Merely a quiet but firm word from 'the men in grey suits' perhaps.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #589 on: August 12, 2016, 06:02:30 PM »
The amount quoted was shared between all the countries of Western Europe, it didn't all come to Britain. Much of it was loaned, the last repayment being made in 2006, and;

The loan was made primarily to support British overseas expenditure in the immediate post-war years and not to implement the Labour government's welfare reforms. British treasury officials believed they could implement the Labour government's domestic reforms without the loan if Britain withdrew from all major overseas commitments.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-American_loan
OK, so how is Jeremy going to raise £500 million, sorry BILLION pounds to implement his policies then?  Some of his policy promises put me in mind of Francois Hollande's and look how well he's doing!

Offline John

« Reply #590 on: August 12, 2016, 06:16:46 PM »

There is no doubting that Jeremy has support from certan factions but I don't think that support translates across all Labour heartlands. In my view he is simply hanging on out of his own vested interests and not for the greater good of the Labour Party.  Or to put it another way, the Party will remain divided for as long as he remains its leader.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #591 on: August 12, 2016, 07:24:48 PM »
There is no doubting that Jeremy has support from certan factions but I don't think that support translates across all Labour heartlands. In my view he is simply hanging on out of his own vested interests and not for the greater good of the Labour Party.  Or to put it another way, the Party will remain divided for as long as he remains its leader.

I don't see how it benefits Corbyn to 'hang on' as you put it. He has been subjected to hatred and ridicule, back-stabbing and disloyalty. At the moment he and Smith are touring the country setting out their visions for the future of the party. Thousands are turning out and it's not to hear Smith. If Corbyn goes so will all those who have been given hope after the despair caused by New Labour and the Conservatives. The establishment knows what it wants; centrist parties with similar policies. The people supporting Corbyn want something different.
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #592 on: August 12, 2016, 07:56:13 PM »
I don't see how it benefits Corbyn to 'hang on' as you put it. He has been subjected to hatred and ridicule, back-stabbing and disloyalty. At the moment he and Smith are touring the country setting out their visions for the future of the party. Thousands are turning out and it's not to hear Smith. If Corbyn goes so will all those who have been given hope after the despair caused by New Labour and the Conservatives. The establishment knows what it wants; centrist parties with similar policies. The people supporting Corbyn want something different.

....and how many people are there who want something different ?

i.e. a return to the good old days of the 70's ? 8)--))

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #593 on: August 12, 2016, 09:16:51 PM »

There is a school of thought that the art of debate is to pick up whatever is pitched and to run with it.  The antithesis being the petty put down.
I'm obliged to you for dealing me out of the latter scenario.   8)--))

1. That holds true provided the pitcher has pitched something of relevance to the debate.
2. Believe me it was my pleasure to do so.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #594 on: August 12, 2016, 09:52:49 PM »
"Labour was within its rights to stop new members voting in its leadership contest between Jeremy Corbyn and Owen Smith, the Court of Appeal has ruled.
It found Labour had the power "to set the criteria for members to be eligible to vote", effectively reintroducing the voting ban on nearly 130,000 members" - BBC News.
 8)><(

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #595 on: August 12, 2016, 11:22:11 PM »
I suppose they could appeal to the next court up ?
That would be rather droll.... ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #596 on: August 12, 2016, 11:31:56 PM »
....and how many people are there who want something different ?

i.e. a return to the good old days of the 70's ? 8)--))

I remember TINA, when she was leader of the opposition, in late 1970s saying a mortgage rate of 11% was unacceptable.
We found out just what she meant when her were elected.....jacked up to 15% heap quick like...... @)(++(*

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #597 on: August 12, 2016, 11:55:56 PM »

It is not a lot different from the position it was in during the "thirteen years of tory misrule".
"Gaitskellites" on one side and "Bevanites" on the other pitching against each other.
Blimey there were rifts under Ramsay MacDonald even.
Maybe it will always be the same but I doubt the present ruck is the catastrascope some are painting it to be because they don't like garden gnome lookylikies.
Does anyone seriously believe it is the end of democracy as we know it ?

Offline mercury

« Reply #598 on: August 13, 2016, 12:04:48 AM »

Its the arab spring for the labour party
Get their stolen kahunas back time
 ?>)()<

Offline mercury

« Reply #599 on: August 13, 2016, 12:28:44 AM »
It will be a long long time before a majority Labour government ever does anything again.  Corbyn may very well be a legend at his own rallies - but with the Tories at 39% and Labour at 26% I think the electorate may be trying to tell him something.
Polls have been proven to be worthless, well, most of the time