Author Topic: Could the Rettendon Two be a potential MoJ.  (Read 165576 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Could the Rettendon Two be a potential MoJ.
« Reply #435 on: March 11, 2019, 10:25:41 AM »
As is often the case there appears to be a lot of froth about John Marshall.  In the following it states he dealt in high performance cars and was well on his way to being a millionaire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Y5T2UI4gA

If he was dealing in high performance cars why was he buying parts for a Fiesta and a car from a salvage yard?  A millionaire by what measure? 

If he was a successful business person what was he doing carrying all his business related docs around in a sports holdall?  Which incidentally he had with him when he went missing and were gone when he was found. 

I will have to go back and check but I don't believe the firearm used was a shotgun.  It's unlikely the murder weapon used on Rolfe, Tate and Tucker would be retained by perps for obvious reasons.  It would be securely disposed of.  Marshall was shot once in head and once in torso.  Police believe 2 people involved due to the fact his body was bundled into the back of his Range Rover and he was a big guy. 

His family claim his murder wasn't drug related.  According to Marshall's brother his greatest crimes were avoiding the taxman and smoking cannabis.  Marshall was an associate of Tate's through car dealing.  It appears Marshall sold Noye a car with false papers (the car he was diving when he murdered Stephen Cameron) and Tate met Noye in prison when Noye was serving time for his part in the Brinks Mat robbery. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #436 on: March 11, 2019, 11:29:32 AM »
Connections and similarities between murders of Rolfe, Tate and Tucker with the murder of John Marshall

- Marshall and Tate were at one time business associates through car dealing.

- Tate met Noye in prison and there's talk Noye put up some money to fund a drug deal Tate was involved in

- Marshall apparently sold Noye car with false papers etc

- Marshall's vehicle, Range Rover, found with his body in was found to contain 5k cash

- Rolfe, Tate, Tucker were found in Range Rover with 1.1k cash between them

- Rolfe, Tate, Tucker last heard/seen alive 6.48pm.  They then went off the radar with mobile calls unanswered and failing to turn up for appointments.  Bodies recovered inside Range Rover circa 8.30am the following day.

- Marshall last heard from/seen alive around midday.  Then went off the radar with mobile calls unanswered and failing to turn up for appointments.  Body recovered inside Range Rover circa 1 week later.

- Rolfe, Tate and Tucker murdered by gunshots.  Rolfe sustaining 2 gsw's. Tate sustaining 3 gsw's and Tucker sustaining 3 gsw's 1 of which may have come from Tate. 

- Marshall sustained 2 gsw's.

- Rolfe, Tate and Tucker found near location which sold hay/straw.

- Marshall found with his body in Range Rover covered in hay or straw. 

- Marshall last seen alive in Pitsea by car salvage operator.

- Rolfe, Tate and Tucker last seen alive at Cranes Farm Road/East Mayne roundabout by Andrew Reynolds from Basildon Tyres.  Last few days pre murders the trio had visited Basildon Tyres numerous times ostensibly to have worked carried out on girlfriends' cars. 

- The difference between the above 2 places in distance is 2 miles/3 minutes driving.

- The above 2 locations and last seen by involve car parts and those who deal in them.

- Crimewatch prog has Rolfe's Range Rover driving away from Lakeside at 6pm but no knowledge of whether this was eye witness testimony or cctv?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhZkHbFz-5Q

- The following has Marshall's Range Rover crossing QE2 bridge time ? but no knowledge of whether this was eye witness testimony or cctv?

http://www.unsolved-murders.co.uk/murder-content.php?key=2244&termRef=John%20Marshall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Y5T2UI4gA&t=181s
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Chud

« Reply #437 on: March 11, 2019, 11:44:19 AM »
&%%6 so you can see why Nicholls became a 'supergrass'.   The police no doubt initially had him very much in the frame for murder? 

This was one of my very early questions ie what happens when voice mails are left and from what you've said it would appear they are routed through a cell tower nearby to where the sender leaves a voicemail; then when the recipient retrieves the message it is routed through a nearby tower as opposed to being routed through the nearest tower at the time it was left.   In effect it is voicemail retrieval that determines cell location not the mobile phones whereabouts at the time messages are left.  Hope that makes sense!

Ok so when he dials his voicemail to retrieve message when it connects to the messaging service the location of the cell tower he connects to locally or wherever he is is recorded on the itemised billing.. In some cases (i'm trying to work out why) the cell tower is not recorded in the billing but a generic Orange Network reference is used for both the A and B end of the call. With respect to that particular call it is suggesting when he made the call to pick up voicemail it was initially routed through the Rettendon cell tower making the assumption he was in the vicinity of Rettendon.  Oddly enough, one of the points Nicholl's make is that the reception was crap at the Wheatsheaf pub and so he moved on although he made a connection off the Rettendon tower and the experts are suggesting that area was served very well for Orange customers.  hope that makes sense..

Offline Chud

« Reply #438 on: March 11, 2019, 12:08:04 PM »
With reference to the above post about nicholl's becoming a supergrass... apparently one of Nicholl's first convictions was for trying to sell undercover police counterfeit money.. he was the victim of a police sting.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #439 on: March 11, 2019, 01:20:17 PM »
Ok so when he dials his voicemail to retrieve message when it connects to the messaging service the location of the cell tower he connects to locally or wherever he is is recorded on the itemised billing.. In some cases (i'm trying to work out why) the cell tower is not recorded in the billing but a generic Orange Network reference is used for both the A and B end of the call. With respect to that particular call it is suggesting when he made the call to pick up voicemail it was initially routed through the Rettendon cell tower making the assumption he was in the vicinity of Rettendon.  Oddly enough, one of the points Nicholl's make is that the reception was crap at the Wheatsheaf pub and so he moved on although he made a connection off the Rettendon tower and the experts are suggesting that area was served very well for Orange customers.  hope that makes sense..

Yes I believe that's how it works eg someone in John O'Groats with mobile who receives a voicemail but does not retrieve the message until they arrive in Lands End will show they  dialed into voice mail in Lands End.  Is it the same whether phone is switched on/off as opposed to phone on but diverting to voice mail?  I don't know.

Good point about expert opinion that Orange was well served from Rettendon.  If Nicholls dialed into voice mail at 18.48 and then received phone calls from Whomes at 18.59 is it possible Nicholls was in the area of Rettendon at 18.48 and then travelled towards Basildon where his 2 calls were routed through the Basildon cell tower?  The difference between these 2 places is 9.5miles/15 mins. 

There's no doubt in my mind Nicholls, Steele and Whomes were in the area on drugs business but I'm doubtful about their involvement in the murders.  Given the 3 of them lived and worked outside South Essex there was no reason for them to be there and tales of collecting broken down cars and trailers do not stack up imo.

We know for a fact the trial did not cover all the drugs importations.  We know this from the trial of Russell Tate.  It's possible a drug importation took place around 5th/6th Dec with Rolfe, Tate and Tucker exchanging drugs with Nicholls, Steele and Whomes for cash.  The murdered trio then met a.n other(s) intending to sell the drugs on but were murdered instead with the perps relieving them of their drugs. 

Drugs will be like any commodity, legal or illegal, whereby those dealing in them will want to maximise gain and minimise risk.  This will mean a quick turnover.  Criminals with large quantities of drugs have a problem ie other criminals and the police.  Plus what use a large quantity of drugs other than for own use?  If Rolfe, Tate and Tucker completed a drug deal with Nicholls, Steele and Whomes they would then want to sell these drugs on asap.   Why bother storing them in a 'safe' house with multiple trips there and out again with all the associated risks if you can arrange to take them off the suppliers ie Nicholls/Steele/Whomes and then within a few mintues/short car journey sell them on to others?  Afaik Steele only dealt in cannabis and I don't believe this was the sort of drug clubbers used mid-90's ie it wasn't something Tucker would sell through the nightclubs he managed security for? 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #440 on: March 11, 2019, 01:24:24 PM »
I wonder why mobile phone expert David Bristowe didn't comment on Nicholls 18.48 retrieved voice mail through the Rettendon tower?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #441 on: March 11, 2019, 01:40:17 PM »
With reference to the above post about nicholl's becoming a supergrass... apparently one of Nicholl's first convictions was for trying to sell undercover police counterfeit money.. he was the victim of a police sting.

I knew it was counterfeit money but didn't realise it was a police sting! 

In a book he helped produce, probably Bloggs 19 I can't remember now as I've only read online excerpts, he said his first crime was breaking into phone boxes all over Essex to steal the cash.  Apparently he found a way to do this from knowledge he gained as a trained BT engineer along with some other scam whereby he was able to divert calls. 

We know police officers Bird/Stimpson were charged/investigated over stealing cannabis from police custody.  Bird being Nicholls handler.  Is it possible one of the trio knowingly or unknowingly lured the murdered trio to soc where they were murdered by a.n. other(s)?  I say murdered by a.n other as it seems unlikely Bird, Stimpson and Nicholls were capable of carrying out the murders given their brutal efficiency. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #442 on: March 11, 2019, 02:19:11 PM »
Post From Poster On The Other Forum

Holly seriously, just give up already. You thought the investigation and prosecution was all “cherrypicked” evidence. When in reality it was your own sloppy research and assumptions giving you that impression.

Your attempts to link the “real killers” to an unsolved crime that was committed while Steele and Whomes were in police custody, based purely on perceived similarities sounds rather desperate IMO.

Back in January you spoke about writing to Mick Steele. I hope you haven’t got yourself emotionally invested in this.

My Response

If the phone evidence at trial wasn't cherry picked then perhaps you could provide details about all the calls made/received by Nicholls/Steele and Whomes on day of murders which would either support or dent Nicholls testimony. 

My sloppy research and assumptions.  This is from the guy who thinks experts can't link shotguns with cartridges because all shotguns are smooth bore.  Wrong not all shotguns are smooth bore and shotguns can be linked with cartridges through firing pin impressions as happened in this case. 

This poster believes Steele/Whomes are guilty based on testimony from Nicholls, a known criminal, and Donna Jaggers, who aided and abetted Rolfe in very serious crimes.   Both were in deep trouble with the police and looking at long custodial sentences but ended up getting off scot-free in exchange for 'assisting' the police. 

This poster believes silly theories invented by Insp Dribley about carrying out a recce of a snow covered field during the hours of darkness for a plane drop of cocaine.  Only an incompetent police officer would think of such a silly theory.  The area was popular with dog walkers.  Rolfe and Tucker had dogs.  All they needed to do was go along in broad daylight when the area was free of snow with one or both dogs.   

Emotionally invested in Steele?  An old man of 75/76 yoa who has spent the last 20 odd years in prison  &^^&*
Now, according to you, not only do I suffer from Alzheimer's and alcoholism but I'm also fond of old men behind bars  &^^&*

This poster shows time and time again traits of misogyny as he would not ask a male poster the same question ie are you emotionally invested. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #443 on: March 11, 2019, 04:31:07 PM »
To The Poster On The Other Forum

If you are so convinced about Steele/Whomes guilt perhaps you could answer the following questions:

1.  Provide cell site analysis for all calls made/received by Nicholls/Steele/Whomes and Rolfe/Tate and Tucker from at least midnight 5th Dec to midnight 7th Dec.

2.  Explain why Steele/Whomes trial for murder included the drugs importations the Crown alleged they were involved in during Aug, Sep and Nov '95 but not the drug importations the Crown alleged they were involved in during Apr and May '96?

3.  Is the reason for 2 above because officially Nicholls became a police informant during January 1996 which involved a corrupt relationship with DC Bird who himself was accused of stealing cannabis from police custody. 

3a.  Nicholls was caught with a boot load of cannabis during May '96, I assume from Steele's importation scheme which was carried out during May.

3b.  Brother of Patrick Tate, Russell Tate, was also involved with the importations during April/May '96. 

4.  All lay prosecution witnesses had reasons to want to ingratiate themselves with the police.  Nicholls was caught red-handed with a boot load of cannabis and retrieved voice mail messages from an area close to soc at a time it is considered the trio were murdered.  Donna Jaggers had at least 2 council properties registered in her name at a time she was living full-time with Rolfe in a property he owned.  One of the council properties was found with a machine gun in the loft possibly linking her and Rolfe to it forensically.  According to her wit stat she also accompanied Rolfe on drug deals.  This might well be the tip of the iceberg.  Why did the prosecution witnesses get off scot-free?

5.  John Marshall was an associate of Tate's.  He was a car dealer.  If his business was all above board and he was only car dealing what was the motive for murder?  He went missing and was murdered a few hours after Nicholls, Steele and Whomes were arrested and Nicholls provided police with info re police corruption.  Imo Marshall either knew something and/or he was in possession of a large quantity of drugs bearing in mind Steele et al imported a large quantity of drugs shortly before they were all arrested.  Law abiding car dealers are not routinely brutally murdered by gsw to head and torso and left in their car boot buried under hay/straw. 

6.  If the following article is true and an aeroplane followed a boat (Steele) using a thermal imaging camera then why wasn't this used against Steele/Whomes at trial?

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/5539245.man-dealt-with-his-brothers-killer-court-told/

7.  By all accounts Patrick and Russell Tate had a normal brotherly relationship.  If Russell Tate suspected Steele of murdering his brother then why continue doing business with him?  And if he didn't suspect Steele then what does this tell you?

8.  Explain how/why Steele had been involved in crime pretty much all his adult life.  He mixed with undesirables ie the criminal fraternity and those prepared to use violence to further their ends but afaik he had never been involved in any aggression or violence himself?  At the time of the murders he was 55 yoa to suddenly turn to pre-meditated murder x 3 would be a massive leap.  What evidence do you have that Steele or Whomes for that matter ever resorted to aggression/violence other than the crimes they were convicted off which they have always denied?

The police on the ground ie foot soldiers, were under pressure from the hierarchy to bring someone to account.  They came up with a theory and went about finding and fabricating evidence to support the theory and obtain a conviction.  Case closed!  Bearing in mind Insp Dribley wanted to clear his desk for his forthcoming retirement. 

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 04:48:29 PM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #444 on: March 11, 2019, 11:39:43 PM »
Another gem from the poster on the other forum

A diagram as attached.

My response

Who else made/received mobile calls through these towers around these times?

Where's the cell site analysis for Nicholls, Steel, Whomes and Rolfe, Tate and Tucker for 12 hours before and after they were last seen/heard from? 

The poster is falling into the same trap as Insp Dribley in placing too much emphasis on a small number of calls over a limited period of time.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #445 on: March 12, 2019, 04:56:38 PM »
To The Poster On The Other Forum:

Here's an excerpt from Judge Hidden's summing up re some of the phone evidence.  Why are they speculating about all these calls when Nicholls and Steele made/received numerous calls during the day over much greater geographical distances than the calls made/received from 18.44 to 18.59 with the potential of providing some meaningful data if the cell site analysis had been made available.  Why wasn't it made available. 

Nicholls claimed he left his home in Braintree Essex early morning 6th Dec to travel to work at or around Heathrow.  Early noon he claims he left and went to a pub in Rayne nr Braintree.  He then claims he met Steele at Marks Tey between 5pm - 6pm and the pair travelled to South Essex. 

Steele claimed he was at home for most or all of the day.  Home being Great Bentley, Essex.  He then claimed he travelled to Bulphan, South Essex late afternoon with his partner Jackie Street. 

Whomes also made mobile calls during the day and late afternoon at or around the time Nicholls had him at Marks Tey.  Lets see where the cell site analysis places the mobiles. 

The location of the phone box where someone made calls to the mobiles of Tate, Tucker and Nicholls is Suffolk.

The following is an extract from Judge Hiddens summing up of Steeles evidence, whilst under cross examination.

He was asked about the bottom call on that page, 2044, from the Sorrel Horse Public House, the call at 14:29 from that phone box to the Tucker mobile. He said it was not him making it. Over the page to 64, the second entry at 2046, 3 minutes later at 1432, another call to the Tucker mobile, and the next call, 2047, the call with the same timing of 1432 from that phone box to another phone box at Timber Log Lane in Clayhill Road Basildon connected with Tate. It was put to him that those were calls to first Tucker and then Tate.He said the phone calls from the Sorrel Horse were not made by him. He gave the same answer to the call at 2050, 1452, 20 minutes later, the call to Nicholls' mobile. That is a call from the payphone to Nicholls' mobile 288. Again Mr Steele said the calls were not made by him. He said, "I think Nicholls was at the Sorrel Horse, Barham. I know full well Nicholls had sought to phone me. I'm suggesting it is possible Nicholls may have been there at the phone box." In the light of that answer he was asked to look again at 2050 which is the phone box phoning Nicholls' mobile, 288. He still said he thought it was Nicholls using that box. He was not in the Sorrel Horse phone box.

He was asked to look at phone calls on page 73. We come back to 4 (a), members of the jury, at page 73, for those same calls on that time. The document I want you to go to I am afraid is actually 4(a)(3). Those calls are set out in the top set of calls in the calls on the Sorrel Horse pay phone. Again he said they were not him. That at 73 he was asked about the calls at 13:57, 14:00, 14:11 and 15:06. 14:00 is to Nicholls' mobile for 25 seconds, 15:06 is to Nicholls' messages for 14 seconds. He said he did not arrange to meet Nicholls at Marks Tey and then drive together with him to the A128 then swap him into Wholmes' vehicle. He accepted that at 18:03 and 18:09 he made two calls to Wholmes' mobile. He was asked about the call to Tate's mobile at 18:44 and said, "I was never in the vehicle, in the Range Rover with Tate, Rolfe and Tucker. Wholmes and I did not shoot them dead." Again he was asked about his interview 203(a) and he said he was willing to correct the customs officers when they were wrong but that was a natural reaction.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6020.msg511119#msg511119

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #446 on: March 15, 2019, 08:40:33 AM »
The poster on the other forum has posted up the following image of what appears to be an old white Renault which he claims police found on property belonging to Whomes and Steele.  I wasn't aware that Whomes and Steele shared any jointly owned property? 

Afaik Nicholls claimed Whomes was driving a VW Passat and Steele was in his Toyota truck so no idea where a white Renault fits in?

I said the car above (image) is a Renault when it fact it's a Citroen.  Either way horrible French cars.  And in any event according to Nicholls the car he drove on the night of the murders was a BEIGE VW Passat. 

Offline Myster

« Reply #447 on: March 15, 2019, 09:19:14 AM »
I said the car above (image) is a Renault when it fact it's a Citroen.  Either way horrible French cars.  And in any event according to Nicholls the car he drove on the night of the murders was a BEIGE VW Passat.

No they're not!!!  Stan Jones drove a quirky Citroen 2CV.  Good old Stan... What a star!  LOL!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roNorjYSl0o

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #448 on: March 15, 2019, 09:39:27 AM »
Here is an extract from a police statement made by Darren Nicholls.

I went through Rettendon the latter part of 1995. I remember an occasion when I was there with other people, they were Jack Whomes and Michael Steele, I remember that day. I was at work that day, I was working at Sunbury on Thames, my mobile was with me. Michael Steele rang me that day, he wondered where I was and would like to meet me, we did not discuss where we would meet because I was at work, I agreed to meet him later on that day, at Ron Parkinson’s motorcycles, Marks Tey at 5 o’clock, I drove to Marks Tey, in I think my Golf Convertible, I have been to Ron Parkinsons before, it sells motorcycles. When I arrived I parked in the flats opposite, Mr Steele wasn’t there when I arrived. When I arrived I went into the motorbike shop, I bought something for my old motorbike it was either a battery or a light bulb, I then put it in my car.

Whilst I was walking back to my car I saw Mick, I waved to him I said I was just putting something in my car, and then I got in his pick up truck. The pick up truck was a red Toyota it was an M registration I think. When I got in I sat in the passenger seat, he said they were going down to do a deal with Pat him and Jack I said “where is Jack”, he said “he’ll be here in a minute,” I don’t recall anything else he said, then I noticed Jack had pulled up behind us. Jack was in a beige Volkswagen, it was a B registration, I had sold the car to Michael Steele. When he pulled up he got out and spoke to Mick I don’t recall what was said, then he got back in his car, then we pulled off onto the A12 heading towards London. I was with Mick in his Toyota and Jack behind us in his Volkswagen. I can’t recall exactly what was said, but he said we would meet Pat and there was going to be a drug deal or we were having a drug deal I can't remember.

At that time I didn't know where we was going. Mick said Jack would show me where the deal was going to be he said did I know this place but I'm not sure, he said don't worry Jack would show you where to go. Nothing happened on the journey just normal chat, he told me I was going to swap cars and I was to get in the car with Jack and he was going to meet Pat on his own. We stopped in a lay-by near the Halfway House, which is a pub restaurant on the A127. When we stopped in the lay-by I got in the car with Jack, Mick was going to the Halfway House with Jack. We got to the far end of the lay-by gates, we swapped drivers.

Jack was to swap the number plates. I got my feet wet, Jack was wearing overalls and wellies, I remember the wellies more than the overalls because they were new. When we stopped Jack got out to stick the new number plates over the existing plates but they wouldn't stick as it was too wet. I saw the number plates he was trying to stick, they were B registration as well and they were brand new. When the plates couldn't be stuck they were put in the back of the car, and he said drive down to the Halfway House pub. I had been to the pub only as a child or driving past on the way to Southend.

When we got to the pub jack told me to park at the back as far away from the A127 as possible which I did. I could see Mick's Toyota parked in front of us to the left, after we parked Jack changed his mind and said no dont park here park as close to the A127 so I moved the car. I could still see the hi-lux which was in front again but to my right. Then we had to leave the car running because the windows were misting up because of the weather, I said shall we have a drink and Sack said no. Then he said we were waiting for Pat to arrive and go to a meeting point, shortly after that he said right go.

I saw a dark coloured Range Rover when he said that, the Range Rover drove and parked next to Micky's hi-lux, I couldn't see who was in the Range Rover. Jack then told me to drive off and up the slip road by the pub and back down the A127 to Southend, that is what I did. then he gave me directions down the A127 and on to the A130 to Chelmsford I think, which I am familiar with. A130 goes from the A127 all the way to Chelmsford, but we went to the Rettendon Turnpike, which is a roundabout with traffic lights on it. I went straight over to carry on towards Chelmsford, on the other side of Rettendon turnpike and up the hill and back down hill and out the other side.

Jack then said slow down and take the next right, which I did, it was a lane not a road, then I turned left into a gap to turn the car round, the head lamps were facing the road back towards the A130. Jack told me he would ring me when he wanted picking up, I had my mobile with me, he got out had a bag and a coat from the back, the bag I think was a canvass sausage shape bag, I didn't notice it in the car before, I might have done but it didn’t register. He told me he would ring me when he wanted me to pick him up, so I pulled off and went right towards Chelmsford, I drove down the road to the first point I could turn round to a petrol station, then I drove back up the road and parked in a pub on the left hand side of the road. I left the engine running and checked my phone to see I had a lousy signal so I moved to get a better signal up the road.

The pub I was in had a bright pink Morris Minor, the next pub I parked in past the lane and up the hill and took the first left turn, went up that road turned around and first left up there, then came up and parked outside the first house on my left and waited for him to ring. I didn’t wait there very long, my phone rang, Jack said come and pick us up and hung up I think I might have said ok. I turned right went back down the road, and had to wait for a few cars to go past so I could turn right into the lane, then turned the car round to face the road again. I didn’t see anyone and after a short period of time the back opened and Jack got in. I didn’t notice the interior light come on.

I said “where’s Mick” he said he won’t be a minute he’s dropped something. Jack was sitting between the back seats talking to me then Mick opened the passenger door of the car and the interior light came on. When the light came on I was looking at Jack, I notice he had surgical gloves and I saw something on them like blood, Mick said turn the interior light off, Mick had shut the door about the same time, then he said “lets get going,” he said go left towards Rettendon turnpike, so I pulled out, something clicked in my mind something had happened.

I pulled out in front on a car, Mick asked if I was ok, I said yes I was and as we drove up the road towards turnpike, Mick said they wont f..k us about no more, and Jack said yeah it was quite funny cause when Mick had shot one of them the gun fell apart, he kept asking me if I was ok several times. I realised what happened but not to who, so I said I hope I don’t fall out with you two, Mick said no you wont fall out with us. Micks started to hand over to Jack parts of the gun, I saw the barrels. I dont know the names of the other parts, I definitely saw the barrels. I was driving I was a bit confused at the time.

From the Rettendon turnpike we went back down the A130 to Southend, then at Rawreth traffic lights I turned left, straight to the bottom of that road, we turned right and then took another right turn on or two roads later. As we went up the road there was a pub on the right, the Hungry Horse or Hungry Hippo something like that. I drove into the car park of the pub and parked next to Mick’s Toyota which was on the left and stopped the car. They got out and I was still sitting there.

Mick had opened up his Toyota he told me to go and get in the Toyota which I did, then they were getting changed sort of thing, Mick was taking off his wellies and overalls off over his wellies, then slipping his shoes on, boiler suit and wellies were put in the pick up truck and Jack did the same I think, and then we drove off Mick drove the hi-lux with me in passenger seat and Jack was behind us in the Passat. We drove past the Rettendon lane, then Jack overtook us on the dual carriageway as we were driving slower.

There was some conversation in the car with Mr Steele, he said Jack was very cold hearted I said why, he first of all said when they stopped down the lane a gate had been shut so I got out the range rover I didn’t know where Jack was, then Jack leant into the range rover and shot all three of them, Jack handed Mick a gun and Mick shot them, then he said once that had happened Jack reloaded his gun and shot them all in the back of the head. I cant recall anything else that was said, I did say can we stop and have a drink Mick originally said yes good idea as Mick looked shaken up but when we got to Marks Tey he said best get home straight away. Then I got in my car and headed back to Braintree.

Afterwards I was working at Mick’s new house, like a cottage and there was things spoken there with Jack and Mick. In conversations Mick told me that when he was driving to the lane with them in the Range Rover that Pat’s girlfriend Sarah had rung Pat on the telephone all lovey dovey which he hated, not like when Sarah talked to Mick and Jackie. He was concerned Pat might have said he was with Mick now but he didn’t. Then he hung up the phone just as they were at the lane. I don’t know if it was Mick or Jack said when Pat was shot in the back he started to squeal like a baby and his hand had come up and put his hand through the window.

Also Jack had said to me at some point Mick was really excited when he shot them and saying “give me some more cartridge, give me some more cartridges.” Afterwards Mick said that he hadn’t felt bad about it as Pat deserved it he was such a b........, who would give a f..k that pat was dead as nobody liked him which was quite true probably. There was conversation as why it happened with Mick. Roughly it was that when the money had been returned from the bad drug deal a lot of the money Pat had put into it wasn’t his he had borrowed it and that what Pat decided to do was not pay the people back and blame Mick to say he hadn’t paid them back. Mick knew this because Sarah had told him Pat’s ex girlfriend.

Pat was telling them he hadn’t been paid back and if he wasn’t paid back he would kill Mick.

One of the first things that drew my attention to this case is the journeys and times which don't seem to add up.  I know the area fairly well as my Bestie is an Essex girl from Gidea Park who has lived in Brentwood for many years. 

Going from Nicholls wit stat above he met with Steele at Marks Tey and they were shortly joined by Whomes.  The trio then headed for South Essex.  Steele drove his Red Toyota Hi-Lux with Nicholls as passenger and Whomes drove his beige VW Passat.  They arrive at a lay-by near the Halfway House pub, Brentwood, Nicholls joined Whomes in the Passat as driver.  They then drove to the actual Halfway House pub and waited for the Range Rover to arrive carrying the murdered trio.  Steele then joins the Range Rover?  Nicholls drives Whomes to Rettendon.  Is Nicholls saying Steele followed the Range Rover to the Hungry Horse/Travellers Joy at Rayleigh where Steele joined the Range Rover and they travelled to Rettendon or Steele joined the Range Rover and they travelled directly to Rettendon with Steele leaving his Toyota at the Halfway House?   After the murders the Beige Passat carrying Steele and Whomes with Nicholls driving travels to the Hungry Horse where Nicholls and Steele leave Whomes in the Passat and get into Steele's Hi-Lux.

Nicholls claims he was told by Steele the purpose of the visit to South Essex was to complete a drug deal with Tate.  He does not give any other explanations for journeys ie collecting/dropping others, collecting/dropping off drugs and/or making detours/alternative routes to avoid police/cctv etc.  Without further explanations the above doesn't make any sense.  According to all accounts Rolfe left Lakeside to collect Tucker from Fobbing and Tate from Basildon.  According to Nicholls, Steele had devised a plan to lure the murdered trio to Rettendon for execution.  Why would all 6 go out of their way to Halfway House?  Why then bother with Rayleigh?  What was the purpose of all these out of the way car journeys?  I can only think it was something Essex Police devised to account for the phone calls. 

If they were all being economical with these journeys, and why wouldn't they unless they were sightseeing, then it would make sense for Nicholls to have travelled alone to North Chelmsford to meet with Steele and Whomes there.  They could then swap cars and arrange to meet with the murdered trio around South Chelmsford. 

Can anyone work out why all concerned would go out of their way to Brentwood and Rayleigh?

Here's a map of Essex.  All concerned wanted to arrive at Rettendon and no explanations have been given for detours.  Home addresses as follows:

- Nicholls - Braintree, Essex
- Steele - Great Bentley, Essex
- Whomes - Brockford, Suffolk
- Rolfe - Chafford Hundred, Essex
- Tucker - Fobbing, Essex
- Tate - Basildon, Essex

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.6840984,0.4797434,11z
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 10:30:35 AM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #449 on: March 15, 2019, 10:13:34 AM »
No they're not!!!  Stan Jones drove a quirky Citroen 2CV.  Good old Stan... What a star!  LOL!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roNorjYSl0o

Well I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I can't think of one remotely attractive French car.  It's like most things French only appreciated by the French!   And the Citroen 2CV is no longer in production unlike the iconic Beetle and Mini.