Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 124594 times)

Offline John

UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« on: June 24, 2016, 05:55:49 AM »
'This is our independence day!' Britain delivers stunning Leave vote in EU referendum as Nigel Farage hails a 'victory for ordinary people'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3657160/Britain-brink-EU-referendum-result-knife-edge-Leave-scores-HUGE-victory-Sunderland-outperforms-predictions-Swansea-Remain-pins-hopes-London.html

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:10:05 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline scipio_usmc

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 06:07:52 AM »
374/382 16.85 million leave, 15.7 million stay
“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 06:36:24 AM »
Well I freely admit I didn't see that coming. I thought it would be close, but I didn't think that we would vote for brexit.

But here we a re, the democratic decision has been made and we need to move on and see how to make the absolute best of it.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 07:32:24 AM »
I was surprised to learn this morning that if Scotland and London had cast enough votes for remain the rest of the UK's votes would have been immaterial.

Does this make Cameron's position untenable? Should he resign? Will there be a leadership challenge?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 08:43:17 AM »
i'm all for brexit as the Eu is on a self destruct course......however voting out is one thing and getting out is another.
Around two thirds of MPs support remain and they are teh ones who are going to have to vote for the laws for the exit

Offline Myster

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 08:46:21 AM »
I was surprised to learn this morning that if Scotland and London had cast enough votes for remain the rest of the UK's votes would have been immaterial.

Does this make Cameron's position untenable? Should he resign? Will there be a leadership challenge?

Cameron quits!  Thank the almighty... or rather all the passionate Brits who saw sense!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3657160/Britain-brink-EU-referendum-result-knife-edge-Leave-scores-HUGE-victory-Sunderland-outperforms-predictions-Swansea-Remain-pins-hopes-London.html
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

stephen25000

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 08:49:13 AM »

Well he just has.

I did expect Brexit to win, as I have posted, but I thought it would have been even closer. It is a shame that all eligible voters did not make their mark yesterday.

A campaign largely fought on fear of Immigration.

Well for those who voted out, you have no one to blame but yourselves if it turns sour.

P.S. Cameron had to go. His position was untenable. Now the fight for power will start. Likewise, the majority of M.P.'s were for remain. Interesting times ahead.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:54:27 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 09:05:35 AM »
Cameron promised to begin the process of leaving immediately if the vote was to leave. By resigning he has managed to delay that until after October. Interesting! Is that why he had to go?

Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 09:13:28 AM »
Cameron promised to begin the process of leaving immediately if the vote was to leave. By resigning he has managed to delay that until after October. Interesting! Is that why he had to go?

I think G-Unit he passed the buck to his successor, as he was not prepared to be the P.M. to trigger Article 50, which he knows will have it's consequences.

From the 'Sun'

'More than £100 billion was wiped off the FTSE 100 as the index fell more than 7%, while the pound also crashed 8% against the US dollar.'

Just the beginning.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 09:26:25 AM »
Brexit won because every vote counted. In General Elections they don't. Perhaps we would have very different governments if our General Elections were more reflective of majority votes, rather than majority constituencies.

General Election: Votes v Seats

Green 1.2M votes, 1 seat

Ukip 3.8M votes, 1 seat.

Lib Dems 2.4M votes, eight seats.

SNP 1.5M votes, 56 seats.

Labour 9.2M votes, 229 seats

Conservatives 11.M votes 325 seats
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 09:32:08 AM »
I think G-Unit he passed the buck to his successor, as he was not prepared to be the P.M. to trigger Article 50, which he knows will have it's consequences.

From the 'Sun'

'More than £100 billion was wiped off the FTSE 100 as the index fell more than 7%, while the pound also crashed 8% against the US dollar.'

Just the beginning.

As Norman Tebbit just pointed out, the remain campaign insisted it would happen so it's hardly surprising the markets reacted in that way. They are now recovering.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 09:38:10 AM »
The tollerant & peace loving leftist remain supporters are showing their true violent colours outside Boris Johnsons home.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »
The tollerant & peace loving leftist remain supporters are showing their true violent colours outside Boris Johnsons home.

Well, I just saw that too.

Perhaps Boris and his cronies, shouldn't have told all the lies they did in the prelude to the referendum.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 09:48:17 AM »
I see Boris and Michael are now making havering noises to the effect of "let's not be too precipitate in "triggering" Article 50".
Come a gain?. They were the ones in an all fired hurry to get out................... &%+((£
With call me Dave resigning B & M really do have the slippery end of the stick now.
Wait for the " well we only did it to put ourselves in a better negotiating position to stay in".
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 09:49:01 AM »

Is that who they are? He couldn't speak, could he?

The irony is that the EU must reform or face more exits. They should have listened earlier perhaps. The oldest democracy in the world [us] have said they will not be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.
Result = happy posting.