Author Topic: Should the Maddie enquiry be expanded?  (Read 10518 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Should the Maddie enquiry be expanded?
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2018, 07:57:45 PM »
Many missing persons cases continue to be investigated for years after the victims first disappeared.

Periodically reviewed, not continuously investigated.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2018, 07:58:24 PM »
is it...can you tell us what SC are investigating
Someone in Bulgaria or was it Bolivia?  I think it was Bolivia in fact but the article had few details.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2018, 08:10:06 PM »
Many missing persons cases continue to be investigated for years after the victims first disappeared.

Actually no they aren't.  The police only allocate resources to cold cases when some new information turns up.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 01:39:25 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2018, 08:18:24 PM »
Someone in Bulgaria or was it Bolivia?  I think it was Bolivia in fact but the article had few details.

you dont know

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2018, 08:55:27 PM »
you dont know
I suspect it is Bolivia for no one is dumb enough to get those two countries mixed up, other than by a Freudian slip.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2018, 09:02:50 PM »
Periodically reviewed, not continuously investigated.
Of course.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline sadie

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2018, 12:47:16 AM »
I think it more likely to be in Bulgaria, than Bolivia.

The town mentioned, Kamen Bryag is in Bulgaria on the Black Sea.   It is riddled with ancient caves and tunnels, and troglodytes live in them   The Mediteranean Island where I looked for and believe I found pictures of Madeleine (based on my investigations) is also riddled with ancient tunnels.  It has caves in high Cliffs that connect the sea up, presumably by steps to the mainland above.

Also it would be so easy to sail there pretty privately from the island where I believe I saw these pictures of Madeleine in 2012.  The area is well off the beaten track for Brits.

I find SY's visit to Kamen Bryag very interesting.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2018, 01:38:22 AM »
I think it more likely to be in Bulgaria, than Bolivia.

The town mentioned, Kamen Bryag is in Bulgaria on the Black Sea.   It is riddled with ancient caves and tunnels, and troglodytes live in them   The Mediteranean Island where I looked for and believe I found pictures of Madeleine (based on my investigations) is also riddled with ancient tunnels.  It also has caves in high Cliffs that connect the sea up, presumably by steps to the mainland above.

Also it would be so easy to sail there pretty privately from the island where I believe I saw these pictures of Madeleine in 2012.  The area is well off the beaten track for Brits.

I find SY's visit to Kamen Bryag very interesting.

Interesting geography lesson Sadie but little to do with Madeleine and even less to do with the thread title.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 04:38:36 PM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2018, 01:52:52 AM »
Actually no they aren't.  The police only allocate resources to cold cases when some new information turns up.

As far as I am aware the police never abandon a live case particularly a missing child case while there are still avenues of investigation open to them.

The fact that Madeleine's case is live suggests to me the police have not yet reached the end of the road as far as she is concerned and still have something worth investigation.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2018, 04:46:54 AM »
I had to really think hard to recall what "expanded" referred to.    Topic.
Moderation

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2018, 12:07:04 PM »
As far as I am aware the police never abandon a live case particularly a missing child case while there are still avenues of investigation open to them.

The fact that Madeleine's case is live suggests to me the police have not yet reached the end of the road as far as she is concerned and still have something worth investigation.

The police don't have the resources to keep missing person cases live, they will only do so if specific leads become available to them.  The Maddie case is only alive because certain influential individuals have exerted pressure upon the authorities to do so while other missing child cases are effectively abandoned.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2018, 01:33:26 PM »
The police don't have the resources to keep missing person cases live, they will only do so if specific leads become available to them.  The Maddie case is only alive because certain influential individuals have exerted pressure upon the authorities to do so while other missing child cases are effectively abandoned.

I think you are wrong, Angelo.

Investigation into missing children cases continue for as long as there is evidence to be followed and are only 'effectively abandoned' when all active leads have petered out; unless or until new information comes to light which merits a fresh look at the investigation.
Which is what happened when two independent reviews were conducted into Madeleine McCann's archived case.

The case was reopened because evidence which had not been investigated was found;  the fact they are still working on it suggests they haven't yet exhausted their enquiries into that evidence.

I suppose that could be considered expanding the investigation although in effect I think it was merely picking up the ball which had been put down and running with it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2018, 05:51:04 PM »
Pot calling the kettle black!  You seem to be saying much the same thing really.
Moderation

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2018, 11:00:51 AM »
I think you are wrong, Angelo.

Investigation into missing children cases continue for as long as there is evidence to be followed and are only 'effectively abandoned' when all active leads have petered out; unless or until new information comes to light which merits a fresh look at the investigation.
Which is what happened when two independent reviews were conducted into Madeleine McCann's archived case.

The case was reopened because evidence which had not been investigated was found;  the fact they are still working on it suggests they haven't yet exhausted their enquiries into that evidence.

I suppose that could be considered expanding the investigation although in effect I think it was merely picking up the ball which had been put down and running with it.

I accept that Brietta but there isn't any new evidence in the Maddie case, SY are chasing deadends continually and getting nowhere fast.  It's embarrassing really!  In fact, I guarantee that they won't solve this case any time soon but go on spending cash all the same.

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to my trip to Faro.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:03:11 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline kizzy

« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2018, 11:20:58 AM »
IMO SY are no further on than where the PJ left it when it was archived. [through lack of cooperation]