Author Topic: Luke Mitchell Theories  (Read 98863 times)

Offline Bullseye

Re: Luke Mitchell Theories
« Reply #225 on: July 17, 2019, 03:23:39 PM »
"The bins being emptied seems to have been a complete oversight - one of the workers at the skip (as it was then - recycling centre now) - took a decision to hold off emptying the bin lorries in anticipation of a call from the police, but that call simply never came"

The comment above made by Sandra on the Bamber forum, since i cannot get my account activated on there. How does she know this? I was curious if anybody here, knows if the information she states is out there in the public domain?

Bin Lorries often have to empty several times during a shift.
What time were the bins around Newbattle emptied?
Did the lorries get emptied at this skip? Or go straight to landfill?
Who was this worker? Just a normal labourer? A supervisor? Higher up?
It is proto-call that all lorries have to be empted, before end of shift, health & safety says so.
A worker? A labourer, would not of had the authority to decide whether the lorries were emptied or not.
I presume it would have been L&B council waste department and not a private firm, why would a random worker have the authority, to hold of in anticipation, waiting on a call from the police? This is bizarre, why would they not contact the police and ask?
How long did they wait in anticipation?
Was services delayed in the area, i.e bins not emptied, due to a worker and his anticipation?

Where on the internet, can i find a news article, a statement, anything, that confirms what she has said?

I don’t think you get a mail saying the account is active on that site, I tried logging in a few days after I signed up and got in ok. If you get in I’m sure Sandra will give you the details

Offline Rusty

« Reply #226 on: July 17, 2019, 11:00:02 PM »
I don’t think you get a mail saying the account is active on that site, I tried logging in a few days after I signed up and got in ok. If you get in I’m sure Sandra will give you the details

Iv'e tried, still nothing. But honestly I'm not that bothered, just seems like the same 3/4 people that have been on for years going round in circles, you would think with the JE interviews, there would be a influx of new people coming on & asking questions, but that does not seem to be the case.

Offline Parky41

« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2019, 11:05:01 AM »
Throughout the whole process, over many years (mainly when new media attention comes around)people still strive to find the answer, WHY did the system target Luke? The search for answers via court proceedings, media reports, the trio of long term Luke campaigners, yet still find nothing that suggests a 'fit up'. Attempting to gather insight and reasons/reasoning behind why the trio of long term campaigners would wish to push out selective, bias misinformation. Getting near the end of my work now, some conclusive areas appear to be, the aim to draw support via attention on certain key areas, 'tripping' people up along with the hope of some legal action being taken against them-to gain answers to uncertain areas within their hunt for the truth. The consistence of the 'spanner in the works'  Lets not simplify this as a game but their 'truth' game.

Sandra L
If I took a gamble, it was the risk of getting arrested for putting certain information about the Luke Mitchell case in the public domain. I thought it was worth the risk[/color]
!

Nugnug 
im sure sombody will trip themselves up sooner or later if they havent allready
[/color]

Gordo30
I have to agree with you lithium not the most professional guy, saying that is didn’t really matter as it was about getting the message out
[/color]

I don't in the main, get involved in debate whilst trying to gain clarification. I have pointed out that the exercise would be futile amongst the long term trio. We are all entitled to our views. There is no win or lose area here. There is no point in seeking answers from those who have a firm belief in their own long term theories. Especially with the ever saving 'get out clause'

There are no pointing of fingers per say in their search of the truth, neither disrespectful of the victims family, they are simply objects-pawns, figurines perhaps akin to Cluedo and whodunnit? The only real people that matter are the convicted and their families?

The game continuously resulting in stale mate with:

The sisters boyfriend;
The bike duo;
Mk;
Condom man;
The follower;
Brother;
Unknown's

The striving to entice to gain answers/explanations. They could of course give the answers themselves. Sandra L and Ms Mitchell have all the documentation. In her own admission, she has already released information that she perhaps should not have?  The horse has bolted. A grey area appears to be the constence of the search trio changing their stories. I wonder? how did the advocate depute and QC Findlay cross examine the evidence in the Lake Hall. By the very means of statements that the above have in their possession. Why therefore strive to get answers to their questions for 'all' to see, Ms Lean and Ms Mitchell could copy and post all of the statements online? Is it not the whole point of cross examination in court? Statements and clarification changing over time. Shane's, changing from what his mother informing him to say to telling the truth in court? The search group telling the truth in court? Are the trio in searching for truth, blinded by the convicted, believing that everyone should have acted in the same manner as those convicted. Evident in Ms Leans thoughts on why the Jones family did not get their stories straight within hours of this horrendous shock.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:07:03 AM by Parky41 »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2019, 12:05:08 PM »
“Writing in The Scotsman, Dr Marshall said that some children have behaviours from as young as four which suggest they are on a “trajectory” to psychopathy. This includes sadistic treatment of animals and other children, a lack of emotional attachment and disregard for parents and boundaries.

Screening children who come into contact with social services or child and adolescent mental health (Camh) providers, and then giving them support, could “divert budding psychopaths”, he said.

Dr Marshall said he had been “vilified” by others in his field for calling for screening.

However he added that intervening early would not only help prevent other tragedies but also help individuals with psychopathic traits who have much higher risk of substance abuse and suicide.

“You don’t become a psychopath on your 16th birthday,” Dr Marshall said. “Psychopathic traits start in very early childhood, have predictable pathways and yet we do not assess children for this neurodevelopmental problem.

“At the age of 16, such traits are already entrenched and chronic so it is time for policy to catch up with research, given the enormous social costs of psychopathy.

“We have to deal with psychopathy trajectories in childhood head-on now to divert budding psychopaths and make sure what happened to poor Alesha never happens again.”

He added early identification can be the focal point and made a number of suggestions on how to solve what he called a “major public health issue”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/children-psychopath-alesha-macphail-aaron-campbell-murder-a8850861.html
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Parky41

« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2019, 12:27:18 PM »
“Writing in The Scotsman, Dr Marshall said that some children have behaviours from as young as four which suggest they are on a “trajectory” to psychopathy. This includes sadistic treatment of animals and other children, a lack of emotional attachment and disregard for parents and boundaries.

Screening children who come into contact with social services or child and adolescent mental health (Camh) providers, and then giving them support, could “divert budding psychopaths”, he said.

Dr Marshall said he had been “vilified” by others in his field for calling for screening.

However he added that intervening early would not only help prevent other tragedies but also help individuals with psychopathic traits who have much higher risk of substance abuse and suicide.

“You don’t become a psychopath on your 16th birthday,” Dr Marshall said. “Psychopathic traits start in very early childhood, have predictable pathways and yet we do not assess children for this neurodevelopmental problem.

“At the age of 16, such traits are already entrenched and chronic so it is time for policy to catch up with research, given the enormous social costs of psychopathy.

“We have to deal with psychopathy trajectories in childhood head-on now to divert budding psychopaths and make sure what happened to poor Alesha never happens again.”

He added early identification can be the focal point and made a number of suggestions on how to solve what he called a “major public health issue”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/children-psychopath-alesha-macphail-aaron-campbell-murder-a8850861.html

One area that keeps getting 'thumped' around is questioning on how Luke was from an early age. Hearsay not evident in court or indeed by the trio of campaigners-where Luke is concerned, do not apply the same to hearsay regarding the many suspects, whilst searching for the truth. Often pumping their hearsay out. Provocation in its enticement perhaps? Addressed by both Ms Mitchell and Ms Lean in their podcasts- "no dead horse heads on the front door, staying up all night to nurse a baby hedgehog" "Throwing half a mars bar" Hearsay and mud slinging is one thing, what draws my attention is that of Luke being heavily sedated thus no emotion. Sleeping downstairs in-case he fell down them, yet climbing them often and frequently to store bottles of urine,(was he urinating in the bottles in living room?, then disposing of them upstairs, collectively) going out and about, up town within two week partying-whilst heavily sedated? Main point for me is, what kind of drugs does a doctor give a 14-16yr old which would heavily sedate them?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2019, 01:15:27 PM »
One area that keeps getting 'thumped' around is questioning on how Luke was from an early age. Hearsay not evident in court or indeed by the trio of campaigners-where Luke is concerned, do not apply the same to hearsay regarding the many suspects, whilst searching for the truth. Often pumping their hearsay out. Provocation in its enticement perhaps? Addressed by both Ms Mitchell and Ms Lean in their podcasts- "no dead horse heads on the front door, staying up all night to nurse a baby hedgehog" "Throwing half a mars bar" Hearsay and mud slinging is one thing, what draws my attention is that of Luke being heavily sedated thus no emotion. Sleeping downstairs in-case he fell down them, yet climbing them often and frequently to store bottles of urine,(was he urinating in the bottles in living room?, then disposing of them upstairs, collectively) going out and about, up town within two week partying-whilst heavily sedated? Main point for me is, what kind of drugs does a doctor give a 14-16yr old which would heavily sedate them?

Did the doctor take into consideration his heavy cannabis use?

What about the allegations made by Mitchell supporters about [Name removed] and his alleged medication and alleged cannabis use?

Did the police take blood samples from him (Mitchell) on the night of the murder, if so, what were the results?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:31:02 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Parky41

« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2019, 01:40:47 PM »

What about the allegations made by Mitchell supporters about [Name removed] and his alleged medication and alleged cannabis use?

Did the police take blood samples from him on the night of the murder, if so, what were the results?
[/color]

Simple areas within provocation perhaps? Rather confusing area-police/prosecution, by the trios information, has never been questioned, totally left out of the equation. Where does any of the information they push out on him come from? Hearsay? If he has never been questioned then simply can't be from statements and reports.

Spanner in the works to distract from Luke. Still continuously drawing a blank. prodding and pushing harder for response from anyone.

Doctors would take everything into consideration I would presume when prescribing Luke with/if anything?

One thing that struck me whilst studying the response in respect of Mathew Hamlen-the open support from his family and friends. The dignity of response from Mrs Hamlen to a poster who believes in his guilt. Do not witness this as of yet with this case.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/shirleymckie/luke-mitchell-new-thread-t600-s180.html

Sandra Lean.
I often say to people, "but what if this was your son, or brother? Wouldn't you want everyone to be shouting from the rooftops?" And still, even with all of this information, they just don't and can't believe that it could happen to them.
[/color]

An area of great contention appears in the 'guilty' camp of this very matter. Even in Ms Leans own words above. The pro camp it seems, are in confusion as to why, only Ms Mitchell is publicly fighting for Lukes innocence. This laddie (as he was) needs the fight of both parents and sibling on his side publicly, friends also. It is one thing fighting the system on the wrongs within law-moral and ethical support from within needs to be there also.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 12:49:17 AM by Parky41 »

Offline Parky41

« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2019, 04:46:46 PM »
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/shirleymckie/luke-mitchell-postings-now-archived-see-new-thread-t398-s130.html

Angeline.
Again, I totally agree. The timings I was referring to, however,  are those verified by phone records, etc, which show that events not only can't have progressed in the manner claimed by the statements, but highlight the fairly important point that the search party had already left to look for Jodi before the confirmation from Luke that she had not been with him.

Judy texted Luke's phone telling Jodi to get herself home (as she was by the 40 minutes late) at 10.39pm. Luke called back at 10.40, and was on the phone for just under two minutes, telling Judy he had not seen Jodi that night. Judy said she would call round Jodi's friends, and called Luke back at 10.50pm to say she had not been able to trace Jodi, and was calling the police.

The search party were at the top of the path at a couple of minutes before 11pm, which means, even at a very, very fast pace, they had to have left at 10.42 - while Luke is finishing the conversation with Judy.
[/color]

Firstly, hardly surprising re timings if the search party took a detour past YW's house? Can skip  other phone calls between various parties? Forgot, there were no other phone calls? Who called the police? What I would be curious of here though, the omission of the statements stating who said the search party were at the top of the path a couple of minutes before 11? Luke? he had finished his phone call with Ms Jones at approx: 10.43, had conversation/debate with his mother about searching, went upstairs, borrowed torch from Shane, got the dog ready, searched the path on the way up, all in the space of 14-15 mins. Ms Mitchell in podcast highlighting how fit both he and the dog were, Ms Leans emphasis on searching. Perhaps Luke was already on the path, around the woods when the text came through. Seems much more feasible re timings.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2019, 09:02:57 PM »

Did the police take blood samples from him (Mitchell) on the night of the murder, if so, what were the results?

[159] At the conclusion of the interview with the accused, which was not under caution and in respect of which evidence had been led without objection, he agreed to the taking of his clothes by the police and the examination of his person and the taking of a blood sample by a police surgeon.
https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=e2988aa6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2019, 09:08:50 PM »
[162] As the trial judge informs us, the appellant told the police at interview on 4 July 2003 that he and Jodi would sit on the other side of the wall from the Roan's Dyke Path near to the gap in the wall at the junction of the two paths and "have a cigarette or whatever". In the same interview he said that there was "a tiny wee path ... that folk walk along in the inside of that wall", i.e. on the other side from the Roan's Dyke Path. There was evidence, indeed, that just inside a gap in the wall at the junction of the paths stood a small tree with the initials [Name removed] and LM carved in its bark. A witness David Stirling described an occasion in early June 2003 when he was with friends and they met the appellant at the junction of the paths. They went down the inside of the wall (towards the "V") for some distance, then sat and smoked cannabis. Another witness, John [Name removed], said that on two occasions when the appellant telephoned asking for quantities of cannabis, they arranged to meet at the opening in the wall at the junction of the paths. On one of these occasions when they met the appellant said that he was waiting for Jodi. For all these reasons there is no merit in this ground of appeal.
https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=e2988aa6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #235 on: July 21, 2019, 06:01:41 PM »
James English
@jamesenglish0
Replying to
@Michelle_Diskin
I sent you an email Michelle 👍🏼
11:23 AM · Jul 13, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
9h
Replying to
@jamesenglish0
Yep, seen it but haven’t had time to look at your links. I’m really up the walls. I’ll get back soon, James. Sorry 😐

James English
@jamesenglish0
·
9h
No problem Michelle, i will get you on my show for a chat and also talk about your new book.

Has James English ever interviewed Paul Brannigan?

Will be very interesting to see him interview Michelle Diskin Bates.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #236 on: July 21, 2019, 07:04:03 PM »
Miscarriages of justice charity stripped of lottery funding
“A charity that fights wrongful convictions has had its National Lottery funding stopped and is being probed by the Scottish Government over concerns about how it is run.
The Miscarriage of Justice Organisation - known as MOJO - was awarded £120,000 by the lottery's community fund but the offer has been withdrawn.
A National Lottery Community Fund spokesperson said: "Due to ongoing governance issues, we are unable to provide MOJO with funding at this time. We welcome a further conversation with them once these issues have been addressed.
"The decision to offer the award of £120,000 was made in April 2019. Our formal withdrawal letter was issued this week."
Glasgow-based MOJO was formed by Paddy Hill, one of six men wrongly convicted of the IRA pub bombings in Birmingham in 1975.
MOJO is due to receive £105,000 of taxpayers' money from the Scottish Government this year with at least as much agreed for each of the next two years.
The government's criminal justice division has begun an investigation, with a spokesman saying: "The Scottish Government provides funding to MOJO Scotland to provide support to people who may have suffered a miscarriage of justice.
"Concerns have been raised with us about their governance and management structures, which are currently subject to an investigation."
Hill launched the charity in 2001 and it is run by volunteers and two paid employees. One of them, Paul McLaughlin, is on sick leave. He declined to comment.
Management committee member Colin Grant said: "It's got to the stage now where I think MOJO has possibly gone too far, I think it's possibly imploded so much it may well be beyond salvation.
My understanding is that a charity which is receiving public funds needs to have an independent management committee to oversee how these funds are being used to make sure they are being used properly and at the moment there isn't a functioning management committee there."
Scottish Lib Dem leader Willie Rennie MSP, a MOJO director since 2011, didn't respond to an STV News interview request.
Governance issues arose in April when volunteer and "head of legal" Euan McIlvride attempted to change the charity's constitution.
Management committee members, including company secretary and director Billy McAllister, blocked the move and called for independent legal advice.
McAllister also raised concerns about whether it would be appropriate to offer paid employment to McIlvride due to a previous conviction for embezzlement while working as a solicitor.
Three new directors were appointed - including Hill's partner Tara Babel - and McAllister was voted out while on holiday.
Grant said after the April meeting "all hell broke loose", adding: "Billy, who has been a director of the organisation and secretary, was summarily dismissed without any consultation [and] the co-project manager Paul McLaughlin was effectively demoted.
"The lottery funding which we'd been promised was stopped. The lottery fund decided to not give us any more money because of the problems we were having within the organisation structurally.
"The Scottish Government have now launched an investigation into how MOJO is being run and none of that was communicated to the management committee - we all learned this from outside sources."
McIlvride told STV News McAllister was removed "entirely in compliance with the relevant legislation" and because of "serious failures and misconduct in the exercise of his roles... and for separate misconduct in the form of bullying and intimidation of staff and volunteers in the organisation".
He added: "It is entirely untrue to suggest, as you appear to do, that Mr McAllister was removed as a result of his raising concerns about myself. My entire history was disclosed to MOJO... in advance of my volunteering with the organisation."
McAllister, who denies the allegations, said: "I think they saw me as the main instigator to getting the concerns raised and they went after me. I have been forced out without any due process and I feel bitter about that because I've given seven or eight years of my time for nothing.
"As a famous football manager once said, there's no man bigger than the club and I think I said that to them - the organisation was bigger than any one person.
"I would like MOJO to return to how it was... an open, democratic and accountable structure."
Grant added: "One of the most ironic things about MOJO is that it was set up to try and provide victims of miscarriage of justice with a voice and yet the way it's been behaving with regard to Billy McAllister and Paul McLaughlin shows that it doesn't actually practise what it preaches because it's denied them justice."
Hill also declined to be interviewed but in a statement said McIlvride "made no secret" of his conviction and called him "honest and reliable".
He added: "As far as our clients are concerned, many have expressed their gratitude for all of Mr McIlvride's efforts in helping them and have confidence in the work he is undertaking on their behalf."
McIlvride was convicted of fraud and embezzlement but some charges were later overturned on appeal.
He said: "Given that I spent a period of time in prison as a result of miscarriage of justice, I personally think that my experience is one which enhances my suitability for the role that I exercise with this organisation."
'Giving false hope to people'
A campaigner fighting to overturn a high-profile murder conviction has accused MOJO of betraying potential miscarriages of justice victims.
Dr Sandra Lean said it was "really exciting" when MOJO asked to get involved with Luke Mitchell case two years ago.
Mitchell was jailed for the 2003 murder of Jodi Jones, 14, but continues to protest his innocence.
Lean said: "It was really exciting news. It looked like the case was getting picked up again, it looked like there was going to be some real progress here."
However, last month Mitchell's mother Corinne blasted MOJO for "doing nothing" since taking on her son's case and recovered his case files from their office.
Lean told STV News: "Part of the problem was the promises being made were not being kept. The case review itself was something of a farce. There was no central strategy. There was no planned route to how this review was going to take place.
"The idea of having the Luke Mitchell case, this huge case on their books, was good publicity for them."
The campaigners say that the alleged failings may have harmed Mitchell's case.
Lean added: "I was going to say it's a disaster but if they're not doing the work, they're giving false hope to people and that, in the circumstances these people are in, that it shocking, that is dreadful.
"I believe that some real damage has been done. There are a couple of things that should have been acted on very quickly, that were not and in spite of a number of promptings, a number of questions, a number of attempts to get something done, there just didn't seem to be the will to do what needed doing and some of that now means that routes forward that should have been available may no longer be available."
In response, McIlvride said: "We are aware of the criticism recently levelled at us by Mrs Corrine Mitchell.
"We do not consider it justified, but would not propose to rehearse the arguments in the context of what is, essentially, an unwarranted attack on myself, and, worse, the charity, by parties who are motivated to do us harm."
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1439054-miscarriages-of-justice-charity-stripped-of-lottery-funding/

Who’s lying?

The organisation approached Jamieson after accessing forensic files, which stated that among 122 items gathered from the crime scene, not one could be linked to him.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16881797.luke-mitchell-interview-forensic-scientist-professor-alan-jamieson/

https://www.rozlynlittle.com/blog/4myxgqr0hhcnhpqm41zyu0n5uj1a9o
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 06:56:51 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #237 on: July 21, 2019, 07:16:54 PM »
Jodi's throat 'may have been cut'
“The Jodi Jones murder trial has heard that the teenager may have died when her throat was slashed from behind.
Forensic scientist Derek Scrimger told the High Court in Edinburgh Jodi, 14, may have crawled or been dragged to the spot where she was found.

But he added that there was no evidence the attacker would have been bloodstained after the assault.

Luke Mitchell, 16, has denied murdering girlfriend Jodi and has lodged special defences of alibi and incrimination.

Mr Scrimger showed the jury photographs of bloodstains low down on a wall near where Jodi was found by a search party.

Severed artery

The court has heard how Jodi's grandmother and her sister were among those who discovered her body near the Roan's Dyke path in Dalkeith, Midlothian.

Mr Scrimger said the pattern of bloodstains was consistent with an artery being severed.

Possibly the assailant would have been behind, standing for example 

Derek Scrimger, forensic scientist

Blood was also found on sticks and the branches of trees in the area.

Mr Scrimger said: "Possibly the assailant would have been behind, standing for example."

"What many people fail to realise is that at the time of the assault there may not have been much blood there. There wouldn't necessarily be any blood on the assailant."

Under questioning from defence advocate Donald Findlay QC, Mr Scrimger admitted the police's handling of the crime scene was "not ideal".

He accepted that Jodi's body had been rolled onto a plastic sheet before forensic scientists had the chance to examine her and that Jodi had been exposed to overnight rain.

Hands tied

Earlier the court was told Jodi had her hands tied behind her back when her body was found.

Mark Heron, an identification officer with Lothian and Borders Police, said the 14-year-old was naked except for a pair of socks.

Items of clothing and a broken pair of spectacles were strewn around her.

Basically her hands were tied behind her back 

Crime scene officer Mark Heron

The court was also shown a T-shirt in two pieces, trainers and the broken glasses, a lens from which was found separately.

Police also found a broken bra strap and a pair of trousers, with the legs tied in knots around Jodi's wrists.

Mr Heron told the court: "Basically her hands were behind her back."

He added that Jodi's socks had been pulled down on her feet so that they only covered her toes.

Charges denied

The murder charge alleges Luke Mitchell attacked Jodi, of Easthouses, Dalkeith, in woods near Roan's Dyke.

The youngster denies that and claims that at the time he was in, or near, his home, and that Jodi, 14, was murdered by person or persons unknown.

He also denies charges of possessing knives in public places and being concerned in the supply of cannabis resin to other school pupils, including Jodi.

The teenager has lodged the special defences of alibi and incrimination.

The trial continues.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4096295.stm

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #238 on: July 21, 2019, 07:28:33 PM »
Who’s lying?

The organisation approached Jamieson after accessing forensic files, which stated that among 122 items gathered from the crime scene, not one could be linked to him.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16881797.luke-mitchell-interview-forensic-scientist-professor-alan-jamieson/

https://www.rozlynlittle.com/blog/4myxgqr0hhcnhpqm41zyu0n5uj1a9o

“Paul McLaughlin, of MOJO, said they were in the process of developing an application to the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission.

He said they were in the early stages and it was unlikely an application would be submitted this year, more likely in 2019.

MOJO campaigns for those who have been wrongfully convicted. The charity was founded by Paddy Hill – one of the six men wrongfully convicted of the Birmingham pub bombings in 1975.

The Birmingham Six had their convictions quashed in 1991, and Hill set up the Miscarriages of Justice Organisation in 2001, to fight for and support those who found themselves in similar circumstances. The charity is now spearheaded by directors Paul McLaughlin and Cathy Molloy.

The organisation only became involved in launching another appeal for Luke Mitchell, after the rejection of his previous appeal.

“We didn’t play an active part in the case because he had very good people working for him. When the last application to the SCCRC didn’t result in the case being referred to the appeal court, that’s when we became actively involved,” said Paddy.

Any individual hoping to receive assistance from the charity, must first undergo an extensive review.

Paddy explained: “Our organisation will only deal with a case where we believe that a case can be made for factual innocence. That’s done through an examination of available materials and a discussion with the person that approaches us making the claim of innocence. We go through that thoroughly and find enough in the initial stages of the examination, to suggest that there could well have been a miscarriage of justice.”
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16881796.luke-mitchell-interview-miscarriages-of-justice-organisation-the-organisation-helping-with-luke-mitchells-latest-appeal/

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #239 on: July 21, 2019, 11:33:20 PM »