Alleged Miscarriages of Justice > Luke Mitchell and the murder of his teenage girfriend Jodi Jones on 30 June 2003.

Corinne and Luke Mitchell pass lie detector tests - video

(1/4) > >>

John:
Here we go again...I hear you all say and it could not be truer.

Yes, I am afraid the Mitchell family have been persuaded to pursue justice using a machine called a Polygraph.  This contraption otherwise known as a Lie Detector is nothing more than a piece of kit which when attached to the body will display physiological changes depending on various stimuli being applied. The theory being that a different result will be obtained when someone tells a lie as distinct from telling the truth. What those who promote this piece of kit won't tell you is that every person has different physiological reactions and so the one shoe fits all approach offered by this so-called science is basically nonsense.

As many of you already know from having this discussion previously in the Bamber case, there are many recorded examples recently where convicted murderers who passed Polygraph tests went on to admit their guilt. This sort of puts the comments by those who are making money out of these contraptions into context.

We are told that the Defence paid Polygraph operator Terry Mullins the substantial fee for carrying out the test on Luke Mitchell.  As Mitchell is on Legal Aid, are we to infer that the public purse is now paying for this fiasco?  Passing a Polygraph test will not get Luke Mitchell to the Appeal Court no matter how much his principal advocate and supporter Sandra Lean crows about it.   

Mr Justice K:

--- Quote from: John on May 05, 2012, 04:48:26 PM ---Here we go again...I hear you all say and it could not be truer.

Yes, I am afraid the Mitchell family have been persuaded to pursue justice using a machine called a Polygraph.  This contraption otherwise known as a Lie Detector is nothing more than a piece of kit which when attached to the body will display physiological changes depending on various stimuli being applied. The theory being that a different result will be obtained when someone tells a lie as distinct from telling the truth. What those who promote this piece of kit won't tell you is that every person has different physiological reactions and so the one shoe fits all approach offered by this so-called science is basically nonsense.

As many of you already know from having this discussion previously in the Bamber case, there are many recorded examples recently where convicted murderers who passed Polygraph tests went on to admit their guilt. This sort of puts the comments by those who are making money out of these contraptions into context.

We are told that the Defence paid Polygraph operator Terry Mullins the substantial fee for carrying out the test on Luke Mitchell.  As Mitchell is on Legal Aid, are we to infer that the public purse is now paying for this fiasco?  Passing a Polygraph test will not get Luke Mitchell to the Appeal Court no matter how much his principal advocate and supporter Sandra Lean crows about it.   

--- End quote ---

I can only but agree with those sentiments.  It is not so long ago that Mrs Corinne Mitchell had nothing but venom for the Press or anyone else who spoke out against her.  She now courts this same Press in the forlorn hope that they can somehow influence the forces of justice.  If I may suggest something to her, save the public's money Mrs Mitchell as all you have achieved is to put the spotlight on your other son.  Will he now take a lie detector test?

Admin:
We expect Mullins never asked him who burned the chicken pie that afternoon?   ?>)()<

John:
OneSaid is still bleating on about these Mickey Mouse lie detector tests which the Mitchell's took a few weeks back.  I will say one thing and that is they are dam lucky they came out the way they did because if they had failed them they would have been crucified by the Press.  Undoubtedly they would have been well advised in this by Doctor Sandra and would have kept the whole thing quiet.   @)(++(*

There is no such thing as a lie detector because everyone's physiological responses are marked and different.  Anyone making money out of this fiasco should be severely criticised because all they are doing is taking money under false pretences.

Mr Justice K:

--- Quote from: John on June 18, 2012, 08:12:03 PM ---OneSaid is still bleating on about these Mickey Mouse lie detector tests which the Mitchell's took a few weeks back.  I will say one thing and that is they are dam lucky they came out the way they did because if they had failed them they would have been crucified by the Press.  Undoubtedly they would have been well advised in this by Doctor Sandra and would have kept the whole thing quiet.   @)(++(*

There is no such thing as a lie detector because everyone's physiological responses are marked and different.  Anyone making money out of this fiasco should be severely criticised because all they are doing is taking money under false pretences.

--- End quote ---

I can agree with that most unequivocally.  The lie detector is a toy, nothing more and nothing less.  It is a dangerous toy because people are being fooled into believing that it is accurate.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  These machines are worthless contraptions of the very worst sort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version