Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 61741 times)

Offline Eleanor

I don't take much notice of twitter, they all seem as bad as each other really. The only documented cases of outing and threats I am aware of are Brenda Leyland and Leanne Baulch. Has anyone got any other documented cases they an point me to?

There was a consorted and successful effort to out me.  But I don't care, so it was a bit of a wasted effort.

Offline The Singularity

documented, no.  I don't compile documents on such matters as I think that the individuals concerned would rather not have their names repeated on here and are are best left to be forgotten but I do know of numerous "outings" that have taken place on various forums and on twitter, I know of at least two different people whose employers were contacted in an attempt to get them sacked.  One was a university lecturer and author who spoke out against the vile hate on twitter, was perfectly civil but once he'd attracted the trolls' attention presented a very easy target.  I'm glad to say he did not lose his job over it, but I believe his book got a few malicious online reviews from people who'd never even bothered to read it in the first place.

I can remember maybe two or three and this is going back to between 2008 and 2010, I also do recall that both "sides" as it were did have responsibility for such activities, that certainly was not a one way street. This is why after so many years of seeing this day after day I thought it was better off to step away from it all as it was turning rather bleak and little content or discussion was about Madeleine and finding her.

All the time seeing this outrageous behavior I kept thinking what on earth will the twins think once they are able to start looking up their sister on the internet.

Offline misty

I can remember maybe two or three and this is going back to between 2008 and 2010, I also do recall that both "sides" as it were did have responsibility for such activities, that certainly was not a one way street. This is why after so many years of seeing this day after day I thought it was better off to step away from it all as it was turning rather bleak and little content or discussion was about Madeleine and finding her.

All the time seeing this outrageous behavior I kept thinking what on earth will the twins think once they are able to start looking up their sister on the internet.

There are a couple of pictures of one of the twins, allegedly in conversation with someone who has been targeting them & their new school, which remain on Twitter despite having been reported.

Alfie

Agreed.  There has definitely been unedifying behaviour on both sides of the argument though if you were to turn each example of bad behaviour into a penny and put the pennies on a P/A scale the balance would be tipped very much in the direction of A, and you' be a rich man into the bargain.

Offline The Singularity

There are a couple of pictures of one of the twins, allegedly in conversation with someone who has been targeting them & their new school, which remain on Twitter despite having been reported.

This does sound appalling, I do hope nothing is done to them or Madeleine's family

Offline Alice Purjorick

It's interesting that the study is being carried out by the psychology department... it confirms my belief that Those that abuse the McCanns are mentally disturbed

The study also includes "supporters of Madeleine’s parents". So does that mean they too are metally disturbed?
On the basis of the limited information available to the public it would be interesting to see your delineation if you believe the two groups should not be lumped together as whackos.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

I believe the same researcher is also going to publish a piece on McCann supporters. I wonder if that will get as much tabloid attention?

I have noticed that on the OFM Facebook page there has been almost no sign of Madeleine for the last three months but copious posts on trolling. It does make you wonder why that is ? Why at this point in time are the McCanns so desperate to paint themselves as innocent victims of the 'mob', as well as the Portuguese ( 'Portuguese agenda' )? I suppose if there was ever to be a trial it would be handy to be able to show that it couldn't be fair.

The only bit that could be deemed unfair, should it go to court, will be the least of anyones worries when you consider why it would have ended up in court.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

Numbering among those sending vile tweets to Madeleine's family are many who believe that Cadaver scent was present in their apartment in Luz.
We know that is not the case but when discussing the beliefs of firm believers ... occasionally in context mention of the dogs may make an appearance.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:02:30 AM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

the reason these vile tweeters feel justified is because they believe the rubbish that your post is a good example of

Wrong dave.

However, par for the course.

Offline Mr Gray

I think its fair to say...although it seems that I'm not allowed to....that people feel they can make these vile tweets because they believe some of the rubbish posted on forums such as these
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:03:28 AM by John »

Offline The Singularity

I think they say these things, and get away with it because they know twitter is not going to haul them up on it. Essentially they are given free range in the spirit of freedom of speech.

But it is always the same things they say over and over again with little creativity and if anything, they are by default turning people away from getting involved. Or maybe that is their goal.

Offline slartibartfast

I think they say these things, and get away with it because they know twitter is not going to haul them up on it. Essentially they are given free range in the spirit of freedom of speech.

But it is always the same things they say over and over again with little creativity and if anything, they are by default turning people away from getting involved. Or maybe that is their goal.

Newton's third law of the internet.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline The Singularity

Looks like Carter Ruck are powering up the engines to take on Karen Danczuk for her outburst the other day on twitter. This could be costly especially with CR involved

stephen25000

Looks like Carter Ruck are powering up the engines to take on Karen Danczuk for her outburst the other day on twitter. This could be costly especially with CR involved

Has that been reported ?

Offline The Singularity

Has that been reported ?

Daily Mail Link

It will be interesting to see what Ms Danczuk does should this go ahead.