Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62033 times)

stephen25000

Daily Mail Link

It will be interesting to see what Ms Danczuk does should this go ahead.

I would venture to suggest the last thing the McCann's need is another libel case.

It will only add to the impression, that they are more focused on court action than anything else.

Offline G-Unit

Looks like Carter Ruck are powering up the engines to take on Karen Danczuk for her outburst the other day on twitter. This could be costly especially with CR involved

Do you have a cite for that or is it just a rumour?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The Singularity

I would venture to suggest the last thing the McCann's need is another libel case.

It will only add to the impression, that they are more focused on court action than anything else.

I have to agree with you on this one, from my perspective I don't think another libel case will be of any value to Madeleine's parents or the campaign to find her.

I understand that Ms Danczuk is hardly someone with any great social prominence or influence so it is likely best confined to the bucket of "stupid things people say on the internet"

Offline The Singularity

Do you have a cite for that or is it just a rumour?

Yes, I have posted a link a post above this one

stephen25000

I have to agree with you on this one, from my perspective I don't think another libel case will be of any value to Madeleine's parents or the campaign to find her.

I understand that Ms Danczuk is hardly someone with any great social prominence or influence so it is likely best confined to the bucket of "stupid things people say on the internet"

She comes across as another self obsessed bim#o.

Offline Benice

Daily Mail Link

I doubt if they will sue her.  The last sentence of the article - the only one with a named source - would appear to cover the McCann's attitude towards these pathetic attention seeking wannabees.

Kate and Gerry's spokesman Clarence Mitchell said today: 'We are aware of Ms Danczuk's comments and we are simply not going to fuel this nonsense by talking about it.' 
unquote

To sue her would have the opposite effect and give her the publicity which she obviously craves IMO.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mr Gray

I hope they do and they may in reality have little choice
To ignore it may send a signal to others that they can get away with it

Offline G-Unit

Daily Mail Link

It would be interesting to see on what basis they could sue if that is the offending tweet. It is factually correct as far as I can see.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Benice

I hope they do and they may in reality have little choice
To ignore it may send a signal to others that they can get away with it

If she persists (is there any evidence that she is still commenting?) then the most that would happen IMO is that she would get a 'warning' letter from Carter Ruck - but only because she is not a complete nonentity - although personally I'd never heard of her before this.

If she has shut up - then I think that will be an end to it.

Once again - Twitter has a lot to answer for IMO.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline slartibartfast

It would be interesting to see on what basis they could sue if that is the offending tweet. It is factually correct as far as I can see.

There was some other stuff in another paper which would not be allowed on here. Not sure of the source though.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:10:53 AM by Slartibartfast »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline The Singularity

I have taken a look this morning for the first time in a few years at twitter, it's still the same people saying the same things with nothing to back their claims up
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:05:28 AM by John »

Offline faithlilly

Looks like Carter Ruck are powering up the engines to take on Karen Danczuk for her outburst the other day on twitter. This could be costly especially with CR involved

Another excellent idea by the McCanns.

It has already been brought to the public's attention that the fund to find their daughter has been used to sue the policeman who originally lead the investigation. They've also been told how depleted the fund will be after the fund pays Amaral. How will it look that more money is being thrown at more reputation litigation? This time however they can't even use the excuse that it is harming the search to justify the expenditure.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

Another excellent idea by the McCanns.

It has already been brought to the public's attention that the fund to find their daughter has been used to sue the policeman who originally lead the investigation. They've also been told how depleted the fund will be after the fund pays Amaral. How will it look that more money is being thrown at more reputation litigation? This time however they can't even use the excuse that it is harming the search to justify the expenditure.
Maybe they are doing it for their own sanity for a change.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Alfie

Sorry, have I missed something?  Can I have a link to the announcement that the McCanns are suing Karen Danczuk? Remember, it doesn't count if it's an unnamed source, especially not if it's in a tab.

Offline Brietta

Sally Bercow learned a costly lesson when Lord McCalpine won his libel case against her.

If memory serves me well I believe the case was as a result of one tweet.  The tweet was not explicit and the implicit innuendo hard to grasp.  It was made in the midst of certain publicity doing the rounds concerning prominent personalities though.

If the McCanns wished to start a war of attrition against tweeters I am sure our libel laws would ensure they received the same consideration in law enjoyed by Lord McCalpine.

For comparison purposes just Google what Sally Bercow tweeted with the mean spirited trash, innuendo and downright lies tweeted against the McCann family.

If the McCanns chose to sue anyone for libel ~ which is their right ~ it would be a very strange thing to do to criticise them for it.
The criticism surely should be directed instead at those who feel free to libel them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:16:22 AM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....