Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62030 times)

stephen25000

The Find Madeleine Campaign reaches a far greater audience than that of any other missing UK child. Why is that a problem for people who purport to want Madeleine found & justice served?

It has achieved nothing.

Now how many of the 400,00 still support them ?

Offline misty

It has achieved nothing.

Now how many of the 400,00 still support them ?

Numerically speaking, probably 39500% more than currently appear to support Amaral via the PJGA blogspot.

Offline faithlilly

The Find Madeleine Campaign reaches a far greater audience than that of any other missing UK child. Why is that a problem for people who purport to want Madeleine found & justice served?

As the McCanns seem to believe Madeleine never left Portugal it's odd that they pay so little attention to their Portuguese Facebook page.

It seems also that the official Facebook page now has little to do with Madeleine. Since January 1st we have had Missing People PR, litigation news and the webmistress either having or explaining why she's having a hissy fit but absolutely nothing which could remotely be considered to be raising awareness of Madeleine's plight.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

Numerically speaking, probably 39500% more than currently appear to support Amaral via the PJGA blogspot.

Didn't  help in the Court case.

Don't forget either, police officers and former serving officers donated to Amaral.

Not too hard to work out why.

Alfie

Active supporters such as yourself Alfie.
There are loads of "active" supporters on the FB page, actively supporting using their real names.

Alfie

Only 400,000 ?

Katie Price has 2.13 million followers on Twitter.

Hopkins has 691,000 .

Eminently more popular than the McCann's.
It's not a popularity contest.

Alfie

As the McCanns seem to believe Madeleine never left Portugal it's odd that they pay so little attention to their Portuguese Facebook page.

It seems also that the official Facebook page now has little to do with Madeleine. Since January 1st we have had Missing People PR, litigation news and the webmistress either having or explaining why she's having a hissy fit but absolutely nothing which could remotely be considered to be raising awareness of Madeleine's plight.
Facebook is international, there isn't a separate Portuguese Facebook.

stephen25000

It's not a popularity contest.

Then why mention 400,000 in the first place ?

Apologies Alf if you didn't mention it first.

I haven't read through all the pages.

I merely pointed out that numbers by themselves prove nothing.

Alfie

How many of the 400,000 continue to support the McCann's ?

As to your question, the use of the media.

Now what has that achieved ?
Currently over 500k supporters to be more accurate.

Offline misty

Didn't  help in the Court case.

Don't forget either, police officers and former serving officers donated to Amaral.

Not too hard to work out why.

Are his sites subjected daily to 150 offensive tweets by McCann followers?

stephen25000

Are his sites subjected daily to 150 offensive tweets by McCann followers?

Are there actual cites to support that figure ?

I have seen the abuse he has been given on McCann supporter sites.

Including at one point, a countdown to when he would be going to prison.

That was on '.....'.

Offline faithlilly

Facebook is international, there isn't a separate Portuguese Facebook.

There was at one point. It seems to have disappeared.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline misty

Are there actual cites to support that figure ?

I have seen the abuse he has been given on McCann supporter sites.

Including at one point, a countdown to when he would be going to prison.

That was on '.....'.

Perhaps you would care to look at all the comments on twitter in the last 7 days & provide statistics showing offensive tweets aimed at the McCanns versus offensive tweets aimed at Amaral.

Alfie

There was at one point. It seems to have disappeared.
I think you must be mistaken. 

Offline faithlilly

I think you must be mistaken.

I'm not.