Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62020 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

We want to know what the McCanns are going through.
You're hardly going to get that from a medium the McCanns allegedly ignore.

Since I'm not a social media user, the only way I know about this malarkey is people are bringing it to here.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

Mark Dunn‏ @1963Markd · 23h23 hours ago 

Maddie #McCann will never get the chance to say Happy Mothers Day to Kate. Unless it's through a medium. Dogs don't lie. Both of them.

Most of the really nasty tweets come with accompanying propaganda pictures, either photoshopped, or with captions, which I can't reproduce here. 

That's from a one minute perusal, which is about as long as you'd want to spend looking before feeling dirty.

I see people expressing their opinions much more openly and forcefully than on this board. I also see people questioning the 'troll' label being applied to all who disbelieve the abduction theory. I see people recommending that others read the PJ files. A lot of the posts could be reproduced on here without breaking the forum rules.

I think describing the tweets as 'vile' or spewing bile' is an exaggeration. The reason for the exaggeration is clear. Silencing their critics has been a large part of the McCann's defensive strategy from the start. It's very difficult to silence people on twitter so the strategy has been to demonise them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

I see people expressing their opinions much more openly and forcefully than on this board. I also see people questioning the 'troll' label being applied to all who disbelieve the abduction theory. I see people recommending that others read the PJ files. A lot of the posts could be reproduced on here without breaking the forum rules.

I think describing the tweets as 'vile' or spewing bile' is an exaggeration. The reason for the exaggeration is clear. Silencing their critics has been a large part of the McCann's defensive strategy from the start. It's very difficult to silence people on twitter so the strategy has been to demonise them.

That is an exact summation of the situation.

We see the same tactics employed on here as well.

There also seems to be several posters on here who are not prepared to accept that there are vile people among the Mccann supporters, and that is also a clear strategy, to be in DENIAL.

Offline G-Unit

That is an exact summation of the situation.

We see the same tactics employed on here as well.

There also seems to be several posters on here who are not prepared to accept that there are vile people among the Mccann supporters, and that is also a clear strategy, to be in DENIAL.

I find it strange that the only people who appear to believe this propaganda are those who perpetuate it.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

I find it strange that the only people who appear to believe this propaganda are those who perpetuate it.
Was that a direct reference to Stephen?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

The McCanns have every right to use the law to stop people telling lies about them

Offline Robittybob1

The McCanns have every right to use the law to stop people telling lies about them
How can anyone say (define) what is a lie.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Was that a direct reference to Stephen?

Only if Stephen keeps saying that sceptics post 'vile' tweets aimed at the McCanns.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

Only if Stephen keeps saying that sceptics post 'vile' tweets aimed at the McCanns.
I'm sure that is what he does.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

I don't know how your post relates to mine or to the thread title, sorry.
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

I'm sure that is what he does.

We are constantly told the McCann's don't use twitter.

As to vile tweets, they come from both extremes, and try not to deny that.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:14:42 AM by Eleanor »

Offline Mr Gray

How can anyone say (define) what is a lie.
It's quite easy

Alfie

if  what others  say upsets you  so much why do you  go looking for  what  others  say about the mcanns??
For the purposes of contributing to this thread - someone asked for evidence of nasty tweets so I provided it. 

Alfie

You are clearly in a state of denial. 

Alfie

I am staggered and astounded that you are unable to recognise or admit to the blatant propaganda techniques which exist on twitter day in day out on the #McCann tag - I thought despite our differences you were at least an honest person to debate with.  Can you honestly say that the majority of "sceptic" tweets on the subject of the McCanns are neither blatant propaganda nor deliberately provocative, but are "only asking questions"?