Author Topic: Madeleine McCann’s parents hit by ‘150 vile tweets a DAY from online trolls’  (Read 62058 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Definitely not slander.
No not slander; you are right as usual!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Alfie

Why do those who support the McCanns think they are able to identify what motivates others? As motives are largely subconscious we're unlikely to be able to identify our own motives, let alone anyone else's.

Above all else it means that it is futile to try and make judgements based on supposed motives in any context and that, the important thing to note are people’s actions and behaviours.
http://fortinberrymurray.com/todays-research/judging-motivation-others/
I said I was interested in what motivates them.  Surely you must know what motivates you?  What motivates me is a sense of wanting to stand up for those who I perceive are in a vulnerable position, and at a vulnerable time in their lives (which the McCanns were when I first expressed my disdain about those who were first putting the boot into them online all those years ago).  The McCanns are the victims of what seems to me like an organised online action group intent on spreading false information and propaganda against them and to me that seems very unfair, and an extra burden to put upon them when their burden is already very great.  They made a bad decision (to leave their kids unattended) but I don't feel it necessary to be continually scornful about or eternally contemptuous of them for that.  They already feel bad enough about it with me adding my two-pennyworth.  I have looked long and hard at all of the facts of this case and am 100% confident they were not involved in a cover-up so this only heightens my own sense of an injustice being done to these parents. 
I know what the sanctimonious are itching to point out to me - "no mention of Madeleine" "what about Madeleine" etc etc etc.  My sympathy is first and foremost with this poor child who is almost certainly no longer with us.  I don't think Madeleine would have been glad to know that her parents have come in for so much stick in the last 10 years, in fact I feel sure she would have been quite appalled.

Offline G-Unit

I said I was interested in what motivates them.  Surely you must know what motivates you?  What motivates me is a sense of wanting to stand up for those who I perceive are in a vulnerable position, and at a vulnerable time in their lives (which the McCanns were when I first expressed my disdain about those who were first putting the boot into them online all those years ago).  The McCanns are the victims of what seems to me like an organised online action group intent on spreading false information and propaganda against them and to me that seems very unfair, and an extra burden to put upon them when their burden is already very great.  They made a bad decision (to leave their kids unattended) but I don't feel it necessary to be continually scornful about or eternally contemptuous of them for that.  They already feel bad enough about it with me adding my two-pennyworth.  I have looked long and hard at all of the facts of this case and am 100% confident they were not involved in a cover-up so this only heightens my own sense of an injustice being done to these parents. 
I know what the sanctimonious are itching to point out to me - "no mention of Madeleine" "what about Madeleine" etc etc etc.  My sympathy is first and foremost with this poor child who is almost certainly no longer with us.  I don't think Madeleine would have been glad to know that her parents have come in for so much stick in the last 10 years, in fact I feel sure she would have been quite appalled.

You are not interested in discovering what motivates people, you are interested in telling them what motivates them in my opinion. You ask why, you tell us what they 'pretend' then you tell us what you see as their 'real' motives.

"Why do they do it?  What pleasure do they gain from it?  They pretend it's because they want "Justice 4 Maddie" but IMO that's rubbish, a convenient smokescreen to excuse their vileness.  They just enjoy being horrible on a regular basis and the McCanns are their chosen victims."

Your motivation, you say, is to defend vulnerable victims against an 'organised online action group intent on spreading false information and propaganda against them'. Very commendable, but what if your opinions about the McCanns and their critics are incorrect? 

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

You are not interested in discovering what motivates people, you are interested in telling them what motivates them in my opinion. You ask why, you tell us what they 'pretend' then you tell us what you see as their 'real' motives.

"Why do they do it?  What pleasure do they gain from it?  They pretend it's because they want "Justice 4 Maddie" but IMO that's rubbish, a convenient smokescreen to excuse their vileness.  They just enjoy being horrible on a regular basis and the McCanns are their chosen victims."

Your motivation, you say, is to defend vulnerable victims against an 'organised online action group intent on spreading false information and propaganda against them'. Very commendable, but what if your opinions about the McCanns and their critics are incorrect?

They are not incorrect

stephen25000

Yet another opinion.

Alfie

I asked YOU ;what motivates YOU.  I can only GUESS at the motivation of vile trolls (see above as quoted by you), something which you are very keen to distance yourself from, hence why I'm interested to know what motivates YOU.

If in the highly unlikely event that the McCanns turn out to be responsible for hiding their child's body then I will look extremely foolish but at least I will be able to console myself with the knowledge that I always gave the benefit of the doubt, I treated the McCanns as innocent until proven guilty, I did not judge them and find them guilty before the courts did.  How about you?  What if it turns out that all your suspicions are completely without foundation? 

Offline Brietta

The problem is that some people appear to group everyone together who doesn't support the McCanns. There's no discrimination at all. The thread title suggests there are 150 vile tweets each day, all posted by trolls, I have looked at #MCCANN and don't see that. Many of the tweets could be posted on this forum without sanctions being applied.

Nevertheless they are being included 'in the count' and those posting them have been described as conducting  'campaigns of vitriol' with 'malice aforethought' and with 'the intention to cause the greatest harm possible'. Those people have been described as 'evil', as having 'something seriously wrong with them' and being compelled 'to spew hatred'. They are accused of having 'character deficiencies' and of being unable to aspire to the position occupied by the McCanns who are 'obviously well adjusted fully functioning members of society'.
 Reply #172 on: March 26, 2017, 09:14:22 AM »

I see the above sentiments, posted by a moderator on this forum, as a thinly disguised attack on all those who doubt the McCann's theory, of which I am one. I apologise in advance if I am misreading the intention behind the post. It may help to clarify the matter if the poster makes it clear that the descriptions apply only to the worst offenders on Twitter and not to all the posters and that they apply to no-one on here.

A fascinating post.

An assertion is made … not by me … but it is made mine by the simple expediency of paraphrasing.

My words have been used.  Unfortunately they have been made to say what I did not. Yet I am the one asked to explain them?

Oh dear ...  &%+((£
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

I asked YOU ;what motivates YOU.  I can only GUESS at the motivation of vile trolls (see above as quoted by you), something which you are very keen to distance yourself from, hence why I'm interested to know what motivates YOU.

If in the highly unlikely event that the McCanns turn out to be responsible for hiding their child's body then I will look extremely foolish but at least I will be able to console myself with the knowledge that I always gave the benefit of the doubt, I treated the McCanns as innocent until proven guilty, I did not judge them and find them guilty before the courts did.  How about you?  What if it turns out that all your suspicions are completely without foundation?

Excellent post.

Pertinent questions.

stephen25000

Excellent post.

Pertinent questions.

Any person or persons who might have removed Madeleine from the apartment has not been determined.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:41:54 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Alice Purjorick

I said I was interested in what motivates them.  Surely you must know what motivates you?  What motivates me is a sense of wanting to stand up for those who I perceive are in a vulnerable position, and at a vulnerable time in their lives (which the McCanns were when I first expressed my disdain about those who were first putting the boot into them online all those years ago).  The McCanns are the victims of what seems to me like an organised online action group intent on spreading false information and propaganda against them and to me that seems very unfair, and an extra burden to put upon them when their burden is already very great.  They made a bad decision (to leave their kids unattended) but I don't feel it necessary to be continually scornful about or eternally contemptuous of them for that.  They already feel bad enough about it with me adding my two-pennyworth. I have looked long and hard at all of the facts of this case and am 100% confident they were not involved in a cover-up so this only heightens my own sense of an injustice being done to these parents. 

1 There must be plenty of folk who are being treated unfairly as we type. How do you decide who is worthy of your attention ?
2 Why?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

You do realise don't you Alfie that no one on this board owes you an explanation about anything?

Why members post here is their business and not fodder for you to sneer at. Be honest unless the reason fits your narrow view of sceptics and their motivations you'll cry foul anyway.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfie

You do realise don't you Alfie that no one on this board owes you an explanation about anything?

Why members post here is their business and not fodder for you to sneer at. Be honest unless the reason fits your narrow view of sceptics and their motivations you'll cry foul anyway.
I am entitled to ask questions (FGS: isn't this what you've virtually made a career of - "only asking questions" that you feel entitled to know the answers to?) but I realise that the questions I pose make some people uncomfortable and am rarely surprised when they choose not to answer, and never badger them to do so (unlike some people I could mention....)  Also I will point out that despite the fact that I owe none of you an answer to any of YOUR questions, I always give one, even if it's an answer you don't like or want to hear.

Offline faithlilly

I am entitled to ask questions (FGS: isn't this what you've virtually made a career of - "only asking questions" that you feel entitled to know the answers to?) but I realise that the questions I pose make some people uncomfortable and am rarely surprised when they choose not to answer, and never badger them to do so (unlike some people I could mention....)  Also I will point out that despite the fact that I owe none of you an answer to any of YOUR questions, I always give one, even if it's an answer you don't like or want to hear.

Then good for you but that is your personal choice. You may be entitled to ask questions but what you are not entitled to is an answer.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

A fascinating post.

An assertion is made … not by me … but it is made mine by the simple expediency of paraphrasing.

My words have been used.  Unfortunately they have been made to say what I did not. Yet I am the one asked to explain them?

Oh dear ...  &%+((£

If you diagree with my summary feel free to explain what you did say and who you were saying it about?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

Then good for you but that is your personal choice. You may be entitled to ask questions but what you are not entitled to is an answer.
Apparently according to some  if you don't answer questions we should infer that you have something to hide  8(0(*